This is the best food because I say so thread (5 Viewers)

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
Is it me or is the food you are brought up when you were young (local food in other words), always better and foreign food always worse? I guess it is no secret that children tend to be the most picky about food. Yet when you start growing up the list of food you wouldn't dream of trying starts to narrow down.

I was also fascinated when I was young by the connection between food and colour/appearance - tasting food just by looking at it on TV.

Food psychology; probably the most fascinating thing since sliced bread. Hell if I know why.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Is it me or is the food you are brought up when you were young (local food in other words), always better and foreign food always worse? I guess it is no secret that children tend to be the most picky about food. Yet when you start growing up the list of food you wouldn't dream of trying starts to narrow down.

I was also fascinated when I was young by the connection between food and colour/appearance - tasting food just by looking at it on TV.

Food psychology; probably the most fascinating thing since sliced bread. Hell if I know why.
In the UK local food essentially is meat cooked with potatos or batter or pastry or roasted. So I grew up eating a lot of italian, french & spanish cooking alonside standard english meals - pizza, bolognaise, coq au vin, paela etc. etc. So maybe its never been a big deal to me, but i've always prefered foreign foods,

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
I like most kinds of food, but everything is naturally better when it's fresh. Mediterranean is likely my favourite to cook and eat, as it can tend to be lighter. I love Thai for the same reasons, fresh ingredients, light meals, all fueled by intricate and interesting flavours. I have a big soft spot for Chinese as well.

The only thing I really don't care for in large quantities is potatoes. I like the occasional stew, and I admit I like potatoes when au gratin or dauphinois, but I really don't like mash or boiled potatoes, or even roast potatoes after the first two or three pieces. Too heavy and not enough flavour, not to mention the fact that what normally comes alongside them isn't overly flavourful either.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
1- Indian food
2- Adana kebap :D
3- Mexican
4- Armenian/Turkish/Arab food. A lot of similarities among these cultures, add to that Greek too..

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Mediterranean food.
Gulf Coast cuisine.
Middle Eastern.
Indian.
Cuban.

---------- Post added 11.05.2012 at 12:39 ----------

Which. You'll have to stipulate because we have loads of original and semi-original cuisine.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Nutty/chicken flavor , i had some sort of flying ant larves and crickets, a local delicacy :)
Am from Kenya :D Never tasted insects. There are about 42 different tribes with different cultures. Local delicacies vary widely from region to region. What you describe is quite popular in western Kenya.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Even when it smells like fish?
Vaginas? Sometimes you just have to suck it up and fight through.

But no, I was referring to South and Central American food.

---------- Post added 11.05.2012 at 14:25 ----------

I had Cuban for dinner when I met Greg in SF. It was essentially rice cooked with chicken, peas and other spices. I quite enjoyed it.
:agree:

Simple yet tasty.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yep. Love it.

---------- Post added 11.05.2012 at 14:50 ----------

All the Mediterranean restaurants around here are either Greek or Spanish owned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)