Thiago Motta - Manager - Bologna (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Almost half as attacking as Allegri's Juve? Explain this to me before we start to panic.
it's stats based, so objective. dive deep and figure out the differences: https://fbref.com/en/comps/11/Serie-A-Stats

it's a fun site. you'll discover that no matter how ugly we played, we were more attacking than perceived. one of the most wasteful sides of the league too. and bologna's possession comes from the defending 3rd so they also play very deep and defend well. most short passes too.

if anyone expects champagne football with high defensive line then they might start panicking. i expect a solid team.

scoring the chances is rarely on the coach, so all eyes on vlahovic and chiesa once again. they missed way too many chances this term. let's hope motta can still make them more effective somehow as our shooting accuracy was terrible. with a more effective vlahovic we'd be easy 2nd - but we all know that, don't we lol

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
What we will get from Motta: passing, pressing and possession. We have been woefully short on those fronts since our MVPP midfield.
And unfortunately we will likely continue to struggle with the passing or keeping possession efficiently when there’s pressure or things get tough unless we increase the individual quality of the squad and bring in a few players that are actually comfortable with the ball at their feet.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't need to be an attacking team, just don't have a pussy approach, press hard, tackle hard, try to win instead of trying not to lose.
Precisely my thoughts. :tup:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
And unfortunately we will likely continue to struggle with the passing or keeping possession efficiently when there’s pressure or things get tough unless we increase the individual quality of the squad and bring in a few players that are actually comfortable with the ball at their feet.

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely my thoughts. :tup:
I don’t expect us to be a finished product from day one, but the coach’s attitude and mentality makes a huge difference.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
We don't need to be an attacking team, just don't have a pussy approach, press hard, tackle hard, try to win instead of trying not to lose.

I don't like how low the stats are for counterattacks though...
We have the biggest budget in Italy and we don't need to be the dominating team? That's like going into a shop buying the most expensive product yet not the best and not feel anger about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)