Thiago Motta - Manager - Bologna (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
we might have shared tons of analysis on motta's style in the new couch bread, here's one i don't remember reading before:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/thiago-mottas-tactics-and-style-of-play/
Very progressive system. I can see players like Cambiaso and Soule doing very well in this system. But we are going to need strong B2B #8's to go along with it. I don't know who is going to fill that single pivot role either. Perhaps that's where we could use someone like Ugarte.

Kevster

Feb 9, 2024
Very progressive system. I can see players like Cambiaso and Soule doing very well in this system. But we are going to need strong B2B #8's to go along with it. I don't know who is going to fill that single pivot role either. Perhaps that's where we could use someone like Ugarte.
McKennie's final form is imminent

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
Soule yes, but cambiaso i'm not so sure.
In motta system, their fullback barely overlap to final third. That instinct to overlap is one of cambiaso's strongest poin.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We’re a bigger club than Milan and Napoli and have higher expectations than them- although recent seasons haven’t reflected that.

As for the fee, it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things unless we fire him- and he’ll be on a shorter contract than Allegri.
Besides, the manager is probably the most important individual in your team, so I’m fine with us spending an extra 3-4 million euros a year before taxes to secure the right man. The difference between a good manager and bad manager can be 10s of millions of dollars in revenue.
I dont neccessarily disagree with the 2nd part, in fact I agree with spending extra on the right manager if needed.

However the first part is really flawed. We have higher revenue than Napoli, Milan and everyone else in Italy, so even if we spend it recklessly we might still win Scudetto, but we're surely diminishing our chances. In Europe its even worse, we're already heavy underdogs financially to have a shot at CL and if we add to it overspending "because we're Juventus" then we basically have no shot at all. We need to get back to the financial discipline we had between 2011-~2015ish

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
How do they not concede more goals with such a high risk system? Large gaps here and there. A wrong pass, like they did against us, and the opposition gets a freebie. This is football beyond my understanding.

Jun 16, 2020
We’re a bigger club than Milan and Napoli and have higher expectations than them- although recent seasons haven’t reflected that.

As for the fee, it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things unless we fire him- and he’ll be on a shorter contract than Allegri.
Besides, the manager is probably the most important individual in your team, so I’m fine with us spending an extra 3-4 million euros a year before taxes to secure the right man. The difference between a good manager and bad manager can be 10s of millions of dollars in revenue.
Facts but let’s not forget that Allegri’s long and expensive contract is what kept him here, so it has to be balanced one way or another.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
How do they not concede more goals with such a high risk system? Large gaps here and there. A wrong pass, like they did against us, and the opposition gets a freebie. This is football beyond my understanding.
The league is poor

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Great choice imo

Modern coach, clear idea of how he wants to play, knows the pressures of being at a big club. And it seems we’ve wanted him all season, so it’s proper long-term planning here.

Give him 4-5 new quality players and let him cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)