The World's Best Number "1" (2 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
DP #1 Fan said:
Schmeichel - could pull shit literally out of his ass, great personality
Chilavert - character, character, amazing character

GK is a very unique position. There is NOTHING more exciting than a GK that is actively invloved in the team play and a true leader.

Chilavert was a 90/100 for his GK ability but his amazing character and leadership skills make up for the rest. 70 pro goals in nothing short of amazing.

I like Buffon for his GK ability but he doesn't stand out in any other way. I would choose Chilavert over him any day.

Chila was a BADDDDASS mothafucka but he could carry his team like no other goalkeeper.

Smichael is very similar to Chila minus the FK/PK skill.
Championship Manager position for Chuilavert needed to be GK/SC :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Jeeks said:
Is it only me that sees nothing special in Cech?
I agree with you.He is a good keeper but not so damn good...I agree with tassard that he is having a great defence infront of him,which was not the case while he was Rennes keeper.Than he was in the situation to be smitten 3 or 4 times per game,and some goals were really his mistakes..now in Chelsea he is not in the position to be tasted so much,thanx to Terry,Gallas and Carvalho.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Buffon is the best goalkeeper because he is very complete at all aspects, he is great at every situation. Not as, for example, Casillas who has bad exits to get cross-balls.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
My top 5:

1- Buffon
2- Cech
3- Casillas
4- Leo Franco (?)
5- Given/Robinson/V. Valdes (?)

Actually is very hard find good GK

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
IlDivinCodino said:
do you guys agree with Lehmann replacing Kahn as Germany's number one?
For sake of Germany ? YEP

in General ? NOP. I'll be cheering for Italians, so obviously want hosts to be weaker ;)

Forza Azzurri !!!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
there's this german keeper,i dont remember his name.he used to be at stuttgart last time i checked and i dont know if he's still there.young and pretty talented.

i liked the guy.
does anyone know his name?

NFL16

Nov 28, 2005
I think Buffon is the best, the way he dominates the penalty box is unrivaled, he's always in the right place, fantastic in the air and has great reactions. He is also incredible at stopping one on one's ie: versus Arsenal against henry and ljungberg.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
axlrose85 said:
there's this german keeper,i dont remember his name.he used to be at stuttgart last time i checked and i dont know if he's still there.young and pretty talented.

i liked the guy.
does anyone know his name?
timmo hildebrand?(is that how you spell it?)
good keeper, dont know why germany insist on khan(5years past it) and lehman(oops dropsie)
seriously though guys look out craig gordon, he is something else

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Bozi.78 said:
timmo hildebrand?(is that how you spell it?)
Timo Hildebrand from Stuttgart, and he's probably better then both Kahn and Lehmann at this stage, but he isn't as big mouthed as those two. The guy from Dortmund is also very good.

OP
IlDivinCodino

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
  • Thread Starter #60
    Mr. Gol said:
    Timo Hildebrand from Stuttgart, and he's probably better then both Kahn and Lehmann at this stage, but he isn't as big mouthed as those two. The guy from Dortmund is also very good.
    he has tonnes of potential and the only reason he's so underated is because he's playing for stuttgart and in the bundesliga with no champions league experience

if he ever gets the chance to taste new heights he'll definitely be a heck of a great shotstopper
    he organises the defense well too with only young defenders in front of him; Phillip Lahm and Andreas Hinkel and yet did not concede too many goals

definitely the future of Germany

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)