The World's Best Number "1" (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
shay given is infact very good.the EPL does have some good keepers.i personally like niemi best.there are pretty decent keepers in la liga too other than casillas.
canizares is pretty good,and so is valdez.

btw,does anyone know of a professional footballer other than a goalkeeper,who wore the number 1 jersey?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
ßömßärdîër said:
Only Henry is good.

The rest suck meatballs out of Capello's hairy ass.
"good" he's the best striker in the world at present, much more dangerous imo than any of the players in the previous list. Van Nistelrooy has a goal a game record in the UCL yet he's not even "good?" I mean come on at least try to make a reasonable argument, even if it is beyond you.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
IlDivinCodino said:
(struggling).......m..must leaaarrnn m...more bout fooooootbbaall.......
are you trying to be funny? Because if you haven't heard of Given Niemi and Kiely you obviously don't know that much about top level football.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
axlrose85 said:
shay given is infact very good.the EPL does have some good keepers.i personally like niemi best.there are pretty decent keepers in la liga too other than casillas.
canizares is pretty good,and so is valdez.

btw,does anyone know of a professional footballer other than a goalkeeper,who wore the number 1 jersey?
Wow, someone with a brain. This place never ceases to amaze me

Jul 12, 2002
ßömßärdîër said:
Too bad Given is so bad I know a wheel-chaired man who is better.
Get a clue. Given is a topclass keeper. Maybe not the best in the world, but certainly among the best. You've got to look at Lehmann on current form, and obviously Buffon, Casillas, and Cech deserve to be mentioned. Van der Sar has been quite good this season, as has Canizares and Toldo, despite their relative age. I'm immeasurably dissappointed with Timo Hildebrant and Stekelenburg. But, IMO, the best keeper is Petr Cech. He has everything. He's huge, fast, with excellent distribution, and great organizational skill. Obviously he is helped by his defense, but his record speaks for itself.

OP
IlDivinCodino

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
  • Thread Starter #29
    Tom said:
    are you trying to be funny? Because if you haven't heard of Given Niemi and Kiely you obviously don't know that much about top level football.
    can you chill? whats your problem?
    you sound like you want to whack everyone who disagree with you

Apr 12, 2004
    Ian said:
    Get a clue. Given is a topclass keeper. Maybe not the best in the world, but certainly among the best. You've got to look at Lehmann on current form, and obviously Buffon, Casillas, and Cech deserve to be mentioned. Van der Sar has been quite good this season, as has Canizares and Toldo, despite their relative age. I'm immeasurably dissappointed with Timo Hildebrant and Stekelenburg. But, IMO, the best keeper is Petr Cech. He has everything. He's huge, fast, with excellent distribution, and great organizational skill. Obviously he is helped by his defense, but his record speaks for itself.
    okay, he breaks into my top 35.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Dean Kiely?? didnt he get sold by Charlton because he couldnt get a game? and he is so short! Given is okay but not worldclass by anymeans.

Lehmann??remember him at Ac Milan that was funny! plus he just annoys me with getting involved in fights and diving a keeper shouldnt do that.

i used to watch Niemi at Rangers and Hearts he was pretty good, but not up there with Buffon and Cech.

If you want a tip for the top Craig Gordon at Hearts is even better than Niemi was, and is still just 23. Palermo were rumoured to be watching him.

Morgan De Sanctis is a good backup for Buffon in Italy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Tom said:
    Shay Given, I always find massively underrated, and Anti Niemi, Dean Kiely etc. Easily as good as Buffon but a fraction of the price.
    Those are all quality keepers, however I would still choose Buffon as the keeper of my side. Given is indeed underrated, however Anti Niemi does not impress me as much...to me he's the poor man's Cech more than anything else..

Dean Kiely? :lol2:

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
    Cech & Buffon are the top 2 without doubt.

Dida used to be top drawer but now he's just drawers!

Given and Niemi are excellent, not seen much of Keily.

Valdez of Barca is a little iffy imo, cassilas making a few mistakes too recently.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Boksic said:
    Dean Kiely?? didnt he get sold by Charlton because he couldnt get a game? and he is so short! Given is okay but not worldclass by anymeans.

Lehmann??remember him at Ac Milan that was funny! plus he just annoys me with getting involved in fights and diving a keeper shouldnt do that.

i used to watch Niemi at Rangers and Hearts he was pretty good, but not up there with Buffon and Cech.

If you want a tip for the top Craig Gordon at Hearts is even better than Niemi was, and is still just 23. Palermo were rumoured to be watching him.
    Morgan De Sanctis is a good backup for Buffon in Italy.
    son of a bitch you beat me to it,+rep big maan.
    niemi was a great keeper at hearts but craig gordon is currently rated as the best young keeper in britain, for good reason too.
    this guy is 23 years old and has already cemented his place as scotlands no1 keeper, he saves my jambo's somewhere in the regon of 15-20 points a season with his outstanding shot-stopping ability. he is big, agile, great positional sense and will nly get better,look out for him he is gonna be known all over europe.

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
    Nov 7, 2004
    Schmeichel - could pull shit literally out of his ass, great personality
    Chilavert - character, character, amazing character

GK is a very unique position. There is NOTHING more exciting than a GK that is actively invloved in the team play and a true leader.

Chilavert was a 90/100 for his GK ability but his amazing character and leadership skills make up for the rest. 70 pro goals in nothing short of amazing.

I like Buffon for his GK ability but he doesn't stand out in any other way. I would choose Chilavert over him any day.

Chila was a BADDDDASS mothafucka but he could carry his team like no other goalkeeper.

Smichael is very similar to Chila minus the FK/PK skill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)