The truth about Beijing Olympics (8 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
It could have been, but Jesse Owens made it pretty sweet.

China's not just a bad choice, it's a fucking disaster. There's not a nation I hate more in the world than China. I won't try to hide it, I simply hate just about everything from China. I also hate 90% of all the Chinese I have ever met (that is, Chinese from China) as they are not only poorly educated, but quite barbaric and arrogant towards others. The whole nation is retarded and the biggest (as in good) achievements of China were more than 1000 years ago.

As for the human rights issue, you can't expect to see respect for human rights in a country where a human being, an individual, has no importance whatsoever. As is the case with some parts of Islam, some structural changes should occur in Chinese culture.
That's a pretty harsh generalization don't you think; or maybe you just have pretty bad luck by knowing the 'bad' chinese from china all the time - I know a lot of people from China (they're not hard to find), and I find them anything but poorly educated! Of course there are some things about their culture I disagree with, such as dog eating and slurping monkey brains, but calling the whole nation retarded and such ... ?

And who's to say what's right or wrong and what differences need to be made. I'm not referring to Tibet here, just this way of thinking in general. Eventually you've got to accept that some cultures are just ... different. Of course there are clear cut rights and wrongs in some cases but otherwise different cultures just think and accept things differently.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
Yes, if we want an objective discussion.
how do you define "objective"?

I live in China for over 20 years and spend 3 more other year in England. I don't like politics, I am not a fan of CCP, and I dont like some of the things going on in my country, but apperently I know China more than anyone here, and I can tell you which information from your government or media about China is true or just pure lie

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Well if you're saying things against China and he's Chinese and he could play the devil's advocate ... isn't that what a fair discussion really is?
Sure, but he's defending China regardless of what we say which makes his arguments unconvincing. Can't have a proper discussion if his answers are predictable.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Alex, stop defending China every time fanatically. Laugh some of the things off and answer the proper questions, preferably with some sources.

and I read somewhere that 90% of the tibetan dont want independance, how about that?
Do you expect us to believe this?

Aug 1, 2003
Sure, but he's defending China regardless of what we say which makes his arguments unconvincing. Can't have a proper discussion if his answers are predictable.
Well that's where he stands, you can't expect him to agree with you either because he has a different opinion. You can make your arguments, he can make his.

I'm just saying. I personally enjoy reading both views.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
how do you define "objective"?

I live in China for over 20 years and spend 3 more other year in England. I don't like politics, I am not a fan of CCP, and I dont like some of the things going on in my country, but apperently I know China more than anyone here, and I can tell you which information from your government or media about China is true or just pure lie
Yes, you've lived in China for over 20 years, exposed to all the lies and propaganda that your government loves to spew. You're defective in this discussion because your ability to see things clearly has been naturally compromised. Therefore, we cannot have a proper discussion with you on this matter.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
the fact is not like scotland, tibet have never been considered as an independent country before, and this is a common sense in international community. if your ppl are so opposed such decision made by your government why dont u start to go and vote for those who really care about the independence of tibet from right now?

Sep 28, 2002
the fact is not like scotland, tibet have never been considered as an independent country before, and this is a common sense in international community. if your ppl are so opposed such decision made by your government why dont u start to go and vote for those who really care about the independence of tibet from right now?

here's where you're wrong... now only if you mentioned something along the lines of "china is just too fucking powerful"...
*wishful thinking*

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
Yes, you've lived in China for over 20 years, exposed to all the lies and propaganda that your government loves to spew. You're defective in this discussion because your ability to see things clearly has been naturally compromised. Therefore, we cannot have a proper discussion with you on this matter.
so, a Chinese cannot natrually see his country "objectively" because he lives in China and sees what really happen aroud him.

good point

I admit that there are tons of lies and propaganda in my country, but at the same time your countries are not better than that

Sep 28, 2002
so, a Chinese cannot natrually see his country "objectively" because he lives in China and sees what really happen aroud him.

good point

I admit that there are tons of lies and propaganda in my country, but at the same time your countries are not better than that
but have you been to tibet, how do you know they dont want freedom? and why are those who want it killed? even you should agree thats wrong

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
here's where you're wrong... now only if you mentioned something along the lines of "china is just too fucking powerful"...
*wishful thinking*
thank god(if there is a god) China is so fucking powerful, or we will see not only "british verginia" but also "british tibet" or "british shanghai""british beijing" some sort of that ugly country names in today's opening ceremony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)