The truth about Beijing Olympics (8 Viewers)

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
One morning last year, I woke up, turned on the TV, suddenly some images of China triggered out a question in my mind: "Can China become the world most superpower ?". So, since then, I've been finding the answer, here are something I found:

There are always a superpower and challenger - the two poles situation. And I think China will be equal to US in term of economy one day, but it has inherent disadvantages that I believe they will just be challenger.

1. In term of geography: the only two global empires was offshore balancers: US and British. Why's that? Because they don't have to bother protecting their border from invasion. So they have the advantage to develop their navy and air force.

Moreover, China creates many potential enemies around them when it comes to war: Russia, Korea, Japan, Vietnam,...although inside their realm (Tibet). So it's also difficult for them to deal with.

Lastly, US and Japan's army station relative close to China: in Philippines, Japan, Korea...etc. But China can't do that to US.

2. In term of China itself: China was a dominant power in East Asia for thousand years but they didn't have technological advanced the West, especially US. Even right now, though Chinese edu sys has improved a lot but it still takes time to reach the level of the West.

Second, China has its serious demographic problems: horny China, stolen children, especially sexually imbalanced. So there are a lot of men no wives, sexually frustrated, the society its self does not have the stability needed.

Furthermore, China has the disadvantage over their language. Chinese people take 60% world pop but their language is not the most used. Why? It's so complicated. If you want to conquer and dominate, at least you must give order. How Chinese can give order if people just have no ideal what they're talking.

Finally, China has many people living under poverty. Of course the situation is becoming better years by years but according to the UN's report, it will takes at least 50 years for China to solve this problem. However, till this, the rich gap is becoming bigger and bigger dramatically and much faster than the poverty-alleviation progress. It seems war will not take place easily with those number of poor and rich. And without their biggest advantages - human flesh - how will they manage to win the US with far advanced technology.

Is it fair enough? :pimp:

I guess I know many things about China, but guess what Alex, Vinman know nothing about their potential enemies, all I see in this thread is swearing swearing and barking.

Look around round round
Look around round round
Look around round round

Dear Prudence let me see you smile
Dear Prudence like a little child
The clouds will be a daisy chain
So let me see you smile again
Dear Prudence won't you let me see you smile?

Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day
The sun is up, the sky is blue

Won't you fucking come out to play?

Buy on AliExpress.com

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
Culture is insufficient cause for a common political leadership. Ask Northern Ireland about that one
We share the same culture and same roots, thats enough for a Chinese.

If you cannot understand I could only explain to you thats what we call culture diffrences and you have to spend your whole life to live in China to understand such complex

I am not worry about the future of China's economy at all. if India could be next China, then China could be next Japan

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't think the point here was to worry. But rather provide a counter-argument to your dismissal of the Indian economy. You needn't be defensive.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
One morning last year, I woke up, turned on the TV, suddenly some images of China triggered out a question in my mind: "Can China become the world most superpower ?". So, since then, I've been finding the answer, here are something I found:

There are always a superpower and challenger - the two poles situation. And I think China will be equal to US in term of economy one day, but it has inherent disadvantages that I believe they will just be challenger.

1. In term of geography: the only two global empires was offshore balancers: US and British. Why's that? Because they don't have to bother protecting their border from invasion. So they have the advantage to develop their navy and air force.

Moreover, China creates many potential enemies around them when it comes to war: Russia, Korea, Japan, Vietnam,...although inside their realm (Tibet). So it's also difficult for them to deal with.

Lastly, US and Japan's army station relative close to China: in Philippines, Japan, Korea...etc. But China can't do that to US.

2. In term of China itself: China was a dominant power in East Asia for thousand years but they didn't have technological advanced the West, especially US. Even right now, though Chinese edu sys has improved a lot but it still takes time to reach the level of the West.

Second, China has its serious demographic problems: horny China, stolen children, especially sexually imbalanced. So there are a lot of men no wives, sexually frustrated, the society its self does not have the stability needed.

Furthermore, China has the disadvantage over their language. Chinese people take 60% world pop but their language is not the most used. Why? It's so complicated. If you want to conquer and dominate, at least you must give order. How Chinese can give order if people just have no ideal what they're talking.

Finally, China has many people living under poverty. Of course the situation is becoming better years by years but according to the UN's report, it will takes at least 50 years for China to solve this problem. However, till this, the rich gap is becoming bigger and bigger dramatically and much faster than the poverty-alleviation progress. It seems war will not take place easily with those number of poor and rich. And without their biggest advantages - human flesh - how will they manage to win the US with far advanced technology.

I guess I know many things about China, but guess what Alex, Vinman know nothing about their potential enemies, all I see in this thread is swearing swearing and barking.

Look around round round
Look around round round
Look around round round

HAHAHA...thats just hilariors:rofl:

We are not your kind and we are not warmonger. so why dont you go back your fictitious world and fuck yourself

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
All I know is that China's recent riches are heavily based off manufacturing, which is notoriously fleeting as an economic base.
It's true. Cheap manufacturing labor can easily be pushed around from needy country to needy country.

From how we hinder from China getting all the oil it needs, to how our government does support cooperate America and vice versa, China becoming a superpower could potentially be hindered due to economic concerns. The key word is could. But that's when we could see a potential war.

Basically, China is the world's Detroit right now. (I know Andy would take offense. ;) ) And every Detroit in history couldn't hold on to its manufacturing dominance for too long before someone poorer and hungrier came in to undercut them.
:(

India, on the other hand, has an economic boom that seems largely fueled by the services sector and information economy.
Indeed. And as an avid stock watcher, it must be said that the Indians seem to have greater financial potential in terms of stocks. ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, among others, have been hot plays on Wall Street recently for BRIC nation plays. These are private sector banks. While The Bank of China have formed a partnership with RBS, they still have a long way to go to catch India in this respect of totally privatized banking.

Not good China.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We share the same culture and same roots, thats enough for a Chinese.

If you cannot understand I could only explain to you thats what we call culture diffrences and you have to spend your whole life to live in China to understand such complex
Oh, and btw... I don't care how much you think peace, love, and daisies over a common culture. Having communist invaders tell you that you will obey their dictatorship at the end of a gun doesn't sound like something I'd want to share with anybody.

Just because my brother joins a brainwashed religious cult (or Scientology, same difference) doesn't mean I want to. You paint a naively rosy picture of the Taiwanese perspective on things... as if they made a mistake and the mainland will forgive them for the error of their backwards ways.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
Oh, and btw... I don't care how much you think peace, love, and daisies over a common culture. Having communist invaders tell you that you will obey their dictatorship at the end of a gun doesn't sound like something I'd want to share with anybody.

Just because my brother joins a brainwashed religious cult (or Scientology, same difference) doesn't mean I want to. You paint a naively rosy picture of the Taiwanese perspective on things... as if they made a mistake and the mainland will forgive them for the error of their backwards ways.
We are not trying to convince taiwan to be a part of communism but a part of PR China. We can take Hongkong as a good example.

the point here is both parties are considered themselve as more superior than each other respectively, everyone wants to be boss and no one who is in charge wants to give up the power they have had. this is where everything start, its all about the share of power.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
It's true. Cheap manufacturing labor can easily be pushed around from needy country to needy country.

From how we hinder from China getting all the oil it needs, to how our government does support cooperate America and vice versa, China becoming a superpower could potentially be hindered due to economic concerns. The key word is could. But that's when we could see a potential war.

:(

Indeed. And as an avid stock watcher, it must be said that the Indians seem to have greater financial potential in terms of stocks. ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, among others, have been hot plays on Wall Street recently for BRIC nation plays. These are private sector banks. While The Bank of China have formed a partnership with RBS, they still have a long way to go to catch India in this respect of totally privatized banking.

Not good China.
you guys just lured my interest about India economy, and I found an article about the comparison of China and India's economies
http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/sep/27china.htm

if the Indians consider China as a collaborator more than a potential enemy would only do good for both countries. But if what swag said was true then the atmosphere in India right now is not good at all

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

Look around round round
Look around round round
Look around round round

another joke of a post.....you might as well have a mouth full of pho when you talk...you make little sense :p

How you could ever think that Vietnam would go to war with China....you'd be done in a day

Korea and Japan's armies are basically the USA, and we wont be going to war against one of our biggest trade partners (if not the biggest) for a long time to come....

China has our level of technology....their nukes can reach our shores right now, and their military is top notch

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
you guys just lured my interest about India economy, and I found an article about the comparison of China and India's economies
http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/sep/27china.htm
But again, these articles are assumed that manufacturing in China continues to grow, which may or may not be the case. And the stats presented in that article could be misleading because they're mostly talking about 2003 and 2004 data, not to mention the fact that China leads in many of those categories just because of manufacturing, such as air freight.

We know that China's economy is "better" than India's right now. But in the future, who knows.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
HAHAHA...thats just hilariors:rofl:

We are not your kind and we are not warmonger. so why dont you go back your fictitious world and fuck yourself
You're the one bragging about China's military victories. Moreover the language you use doing so pretty much implies you're the warmongerer, not him.

another joke of a post.....you might as well have a mouth full of pho when you talk...you make little sense :p

How you could ever think that Vietnam would go to war with China....you'd be done in a day

Korea and Japan's armies are basically the USA, and we wont be going to war against one of our biggest trade partners (if not the biggest) for a long time to come....

China has our level of technology....their nukes can reach our shores right now, and their military is top notch
I don't quite agree. Whereas it is true that those countries are no match for China it's not just about going to war. If you're in a climate in which every next country hates you, that's going to have some nasty implications.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Not good China.
Just a little trivia related to this. Top 10 richest people in the world, there arent countries who have more then one from there (except 2 americans), while India has 4 on top 10. Pretty much half. And they dominate top 100 a little bit too.

While in comparison there is no single one for Mainland China on top 100. No idea how far down the list the first one is.

OP
fender06

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
  • Thread Starter #576
    i dont know if China's economy will grow continuously because i do agree that China relies heavily on manufacturing sector and when time gone, other countries will become more attractive than China.

But i am sure India can not become a great power in the foreseeable future,let say 50 years. Although India relies more on tertiary like the high-tech industry, its competitiveness seem can be maintained for a long time. But one interesting thing i have realized is that, India doesn't able to invent or even copy a useful and workable big weapon like tank, not to mention airplane. How about China? China is good at copying and improving other's works, just like what the Japanese did in the 1960s,1970s. China can produce its own tank, warship, aircraft. This shows how poor India's technology is. China also has those high-tech experts and the government has realized the importance of developing high value-added industries.

Besides, i highly doubt the special religious culture in India wouldn't hinder India's development.As i know, the Hindus have to obey many religious restrictions and rules.If i am a businessman, i would consider these religious culture as additional costs on investing in India.

India is also a state as corrupt as China or even more serious than China.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)