The truth about Beijing Olympics (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
This has nothing to do with anyone specifically, I'm making a general statement about this argument you're all having. Though I do see Andy criticizing US policies, which is positive but there are others here that just look at others and never themselves.
I say if you're capable of critical thinking, that's better than not capable at all. The day may come when you turn the spotlight on yourself.

Although after your reply I have even less of a grasp of what your grievance is. Just a general statement against hypocrisy? Why is that the order of the day?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Leave it to a Palestinian to deflect the entire discussion to the West/United States each and every time the opportunity appears.
I did not deflect the discussion. All what I did was asking Seven a question to know how serious he is in criticizing all the political faults all over the world and not only in China, and he succeeded in proving exactly what I thought in advance.

The whole discussion is not my cup of tea, but seeing a continuous criticizing for one party and not condemning the other parties who do the same thing is just very wrong IMO.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Andy before you diss China look at how your country still has the death penalty
still has racism, still has an idiot in the White house and let it's people die after Katrina cuz they were black and poor
I'm not a fan of China but before you throw a stone at them take a good look at your own country as it is far from perfect
There is a very useful and wise rule of thumb for situations like this. It goes like so.

"Judge a country by how it treats its own citizens."

According to which, the US is getting worse by the month (mostly because of new laws to "protect people"), which I personally have bashed vigorously on this forum for a long time now.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I say if you're capable of critical thinking, that's better than not capable at all. The day may come when you turn the spotlight on yourself.

Although after your reply I have even less of a grasp of what your grievance is. Just a general statement against hypocrisy? Why is that the order of the day?
I can't explain myself any clearer, if you don't understand then too bad ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Look, the majority of discussion around here revolves around how bad the United States happens to be. I don't defend all of our policies and criticize my own government and people to high heaven because this stuff angers me quite a lot, how people can be so stupid.

But what also angers me is people such as Rebel, Tahir, and others deflecting arguments towards the United States that doesn't really have any bearing in what we're talking about here. It's all too common to have people bring up the atrocities the US commits when there is no reason to. If you want to decide who should castigate whom by means of being "sinless" as a nation, you'll fall into the trap of being a hypocrite because all nations have been involved with atrocities in the past.

So stick to the topic. Both China and the United States have done some terrible things, but at least we don't slaughter our own people. Yes, that makes us better than China. End of story.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
still has racism, still has an idiot in the White house and let it's people die after Katrina cuz they were black and poor
I'm not a fan of China but before you throw a stone at them take a good look at your own country as it is far from perfect
:melayyanandmessi:

I already fucking know this.

And yes, I will throw stones, plenty of them, at people who deserve it. So don't talk to me about who I shouldn't criticize because I'm no slave to anybody here in the US.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I did not deflect the discussion. All what I did was asking Seven a question to know how serious he is in criticizing all the political faults all over the world and not only in China, and he succeeded in proving exactly what I thought in advance.

The whole discussion is not my cup of tea, but seeing a continuous criticizing for one party and not condemning the other parties who do the same thing is just very wrong IMO.
But that's all you ever talk about... the terrible United States. You don't care about China because they have nothing to do with your quest to have your own land free from Israeli hindrance, something I support.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;1640170 said:
China's got a glass jaw, and they need to watch out because I'll break their face.
China better watch what the fuck flies out of their mouth, because someone will hijack a plane and fly it into their house.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
good point Andy, I think the problem is that the US tends to tell the rest of the world how they should do things, they meddle too much in other nations' affairs
for instance they say they want democracy in Iraq -although everybody knows it is for oil- but they forget Iraq has never had a democracy
you know what I mean, America tells everybody how they should do things while their own example is far from flawless and that is what annoys a lot of people

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
But that's all you ever talk about... the terrible United States. You don't care about China because they have nothing to do with your quest to have your own land free from Israeli hindrance, something I support.
I did not mention anything related to USA and Israel in this thread today. I even did not take part in the discussion until Seven said something derogatory about all the Muslims.

I couldn't care less about the whole subject because I feel that the majoirty in this universe don't care about such stupid games because they have bigger problems to take care of. But having that sentence about Muslims made me react.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There is a very useful and wise rule of thumb for situations like this. It goes like so.

"Judge a country by how it treats its own citizens."

According to which, the US is getting worse by the month (mostly because of new laws to "protect people"), which I personally have bashed vigorously on this forum for a long time now.
Indeed. Everyone knows China has been far worse to their own people than the United States.

United States > China

And just so too many people don't get upset, I'll throw these lines in: hopefully the entire Bush administration will be systematically killed off because they deserve it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
good point Andy, I think the problem is that the US tends to tell the rest of the world how they should do things, they meddle too much in other nations' affairs
for instance they say they want democracy in Iraq -although everybody knows it is for oil- but they forget Iraq has never had a democracy
you know what I mean, America tells everybody how they should do things while their own example is far from flawless and that is what annoys a lot of people
It annoys me as well. But this doesn't really matter in this discussion as China is under the microscope here, not the US, and I abhor my own government anyway.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
the majority here wouldnt mind living in America but who wants to live in China?
I've lived in the US and now I go to China several times a year for my work
I certainly don't want to live there
no offence China but you stink

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think Libya is the best country in the world,we have a high standard of living , we have a good democracy and most importantly we have the best leader ever!!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
With exception to the death penalty. What country doesn't have basically all of these problems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)