The truth about Beijing Olympics (12 Viewers)

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
Because you think Mao is great I would say you were a confused individual. Has anyone claimed ownership of all the knowledge on earth? Quit whining, make a statement and back it up with some facts. Personal opinion is getting you nowhere.
I would say calling Mao is totally evil is bias, ignorantand arrogant.

you want the fact, check Richard Milhous Nixon's autobiography, to see how he describe his meeting with Mao

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I would say calling Mao is totally evil is bias, ignorantand arrogant.

you want the fact, check Richard Milhous Nixon's autobiography, to see how he describe his meeting with Mao
I'm not saying either way. Only that if you want people to believe you, you need to give us better than "Mao is a nice guy, ask Nixon".

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
I'm not saying either way. Only that if you want people to believe you, you need to give us better than "Mao is a nice guy, ask Nixon".
why don't you show your proof of an evil Mao first. I believe innocent until prove guilty, and you?

and Nixon never said Mao was a nice guy in his book, he said Mao was a great leader of his people, and his ideals and movements changed the history of an entire country and the world as well

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
millions died in the us's civil war, could we call Lincoln a killer

history always been written by the victors
That comparison is ridiculous. People in the civil war were killed by the enemy for starters. Mao just slaughtered his own people. Of all dictators in the world, Mao is probably the worst. He's responsible for a mass murder so big that you should be ashamed of yourself when even debating this issue. No economic, cultural or social revolution can make that any different. Mao is the biggest murderer in the history of man.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Wiping away almost an entire race and enslaving another for centuries isn't so bad when you compare them to the actions of Mao, eh. :eyebrows:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Wiping away almost an entire race and enslaving another for centuries isn't so bad when you compare them to the actions of Mao, eh. :eyebrows:
In absolute figures Mao probably killed more people. What is disturbing is that people are trying to justify Mao by comparing them to other historic events. Where's the logic in that? Especially if it's FACT that Mao is one of the biggest mass murders in history if we look at persons instead of nations. Mao was a criminal and a murderer. The Chinese need to wake up, they have been kept ignorant for years and we're all standing by. The fact you feel the need to defend Mao because you feel Chinese culture is under attack just shows how retarded people can get I guess.

Mao = MURDERER.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
In absolute figures Mao probably killed more people. What is disturbing is that people are trying to justify Mao by comparing them to other historic events. Where's the logic in that? Especially if it's FACT that Mao is one of the biggest mass murders in history if we look at persons instead of nations. Mao was a criminal and a murderer. The Chinese need to wake up, they have been kept ignorant for years and we're all standing by. The fact you feel the need to defend Mao because you feel Chinese culture is under attack just shows how retarded people can get I guess.

Mao = MURDERER.
I'm not defending Mao but I am amused that a bunch of Europeans and Americans are sitting here and going on an outright attack while forgetting entirely their own history and what their people have done to the world.

The only reason why it's not a FACT that your regimes aren't considered mass murderers is because you write the history books and you own the media.

With all due respect, don't bother replying if you're just going to insist that I'm a retard. That's not a bases of a civilized conversation.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm not defending Mao but I am amused that a bunch of Europeans and Americans are sitting here and going on an outright attack while forgetting entirely their own history and what their people have done to the world.

The only reason why it's not a FACT that your regimes aren't considered mass murderers is because you write the history books and you own the media.

With all due respect, don't bother replying if you're just going to insist that I'm a retard. That's not a bases of a civilized conversation.
I find it highly amusing that a muslim is saying that.

Our history doesn't matter. You're missing the point: Mao = MASS MURDER.

Where do I speak of Europe? Where do I mention the US? And we don't own the media. What kind of standpoint is that? Every country has its media. The reason BBC is so important is that it happens to be quality.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
That comparison is ridiculous. People in the civil war were killed by the enemy for starters. Mao just slaughtered his own people. Of all dictators in the world, Mao is probably the worst. He's responsible for a mass murder so big that you should be ashamed of yourself when even debating this issue. No economic, cultural or social revolution can make that any different. Mao is the biggest murderer in the history of man.
ok, seems you are know much more than anyone else here, could you tell me more about the man slaughter thing such as how, when, and where are those poor guys were mudered by evil Mao?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
why don't you show your proof of an evil Mao first. I believe innocent until prove guilty, and you?

and Nixon never said Mao was a nice guy in his book, he said Mao was a great leader of his people, and his ideals and movements changed the history of an entire country and the world as well
Basically, because I'm not the one making fruitless accusations.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Seven,

Just to explain Ze's idea, instead of blaming China for what they did in the twentieth centruy for their own people, why don't you try to elaborate for us the reasons for the "Belgian massacres in Congo" in the same century?

Here is a reference to help you replying:

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/35/181.html

Thanks in advance.
well thanks for tossing a hand-grenade into the conversation:malt:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I find it highly amusing that a muslim is saying that.

Our history doesn't matter. You're missing the point: Mao = MASS MURDER.

Where do I speak of Europe? Where do I mention the US? And we don't own the media. What kind of standpoint is that? Every country has its media. The reason BBC is so important is that it happens to be quality.
I would love for you to accuse all Muslims of something while you defend Belgium.

Why doesn't your history matter? I didn't miss your point, I agree Mao = Mass Murderer.

You do own the media though. Your newspapers, magazines, and tv channels reach the corners of the world, they're considered in the highest regard. Your books are used in the entire world; across all schools, universities, and libraries, etc.. This is true for all countries save perhaps Cuba, Russia, China and their like.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Oh boy, here comes the anti western agenda. You assume we've forgotten our own history? We haven't forgotten, we just don't go around defending it. If you read Greg's post he actually makes reference to the crimes committed by the U.S. government.

I would never defend slavery, nor some of the operations our country has led in foreign countries. The difference is that I don't go around defending 400 years of slavery, even though my family never owned slaves. The same way Andries isn't going to defend Belgium's action in the Congo. Now if you sit back and examine the situation there is only one person here defending the heinous actions of his country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)