The SuperPippo thread (2 Viewers)

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
I honestly don't think they're gonna let the most valuable player in Italy sit on the bench.

...when I say mvp I'm reffering to his paycheck. ;)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Big paycheck or not, if he's going to suck he'll be looking from the bench. Especially with Sheva, Tomasson and co. breathing down his neck ;)

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
;)

I'm not sure what'll happen, it depends on if he's bad or not and if so if Ancelotti is strong enough to hold against the enormous pressure that'll come from fans and the board to see him play.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
AC Milan are aiming to continue their great week in Saturday's match against Perugia but Brazilian superstar Rivaldo will be on the bench.

Their 3-0 win last Sunday against Modena and their 2-1 defeat of Lens in the Champions League on Tuesday have lifted the already high expectations of Rossoneri fans.

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is aware that Saturday's opponents are a different proposition from last season and knows his side cannot take anything for granted tomorrow at the San Siro stadium.

"We know that they are a very organised squad, and that they have improved since last year, thanks to the incorporation of Roberto Baronio and Fabrizio Miccoli," said Ancelotti on the club's official website, www.acmilan.it.

However, the Rossoneri have added great players to their already star-studded team and do not want any surprises from Serse Cosmi's outfit.

"We will find a very aggressive squad and we will have to be patient without rushing to get a result," added Ancelotti.

The Rossoneri coach will give Brazilian striker Rivaldo and midfielder Gennaro Gattuso a break and both will be on the bench on Saturday.

Instead, Ancelotti has opted for striker Jon Tomasson to partner Filippo Inzaghi in attack.

Brazilian Nelson Dida will be in goal and the defence will comprise of Massimo Ambrosini, Dario Simic, Alessandro Nesta and Paolo Maldini.

In midfield, Kakha Kaladze will accompany Andrea Pirlo and Clarence Seedorf, while Rui Costa will support the front two.

Perugia coach Serse Cosmi has been impressed with Milan this season and he believes that his side will need to be at their best if they are to get a result.

Cosmi said: "I saw the Rossoneri win against Modena, they made it look easy.

"We will face Ancelotti's team with a fighting spirit, if they win tomorrow it will mean that they have shown that they were a better team."

The Grifoni are set to play with the 3-5-2 formation that defeated Reggina.

Zeljko Kalak will start in goal behind a three-man defence of Marco Di Loreto, William Viali and Mauro Milanese.

Ze Maria, Giovanni Tedesco, Roberto Baronio, Manuele Blasi and Fabio Grosso will govern the Perugia midfield, while Zisis Vryzas and Fabrizio Miccoli will take the strikers' slots.

-----------------------------
Sporting Life.com
-----------------------------
Rivaldo is, atleast, not playing this weekend.

Btw, Perugia seems to have a good side this year, I think they'll surprise a lot of people this year.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
how can you put the world's best player on the bench? Ancelotti has just confirmed to me what I have believed for several years. he is an idiot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)