in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lol, last 2 days here been pure insanity. Couldn't believe the constant and desperate arguments pro this truly awful idea.
To be fair, if this was pre-Calciopoli or even 10 years ago I would be 100% against it. But as time has progressed, I've become open to new ideas. No longer are the days where Serie A can rely on its charm, atmosphere, and heated rivalries. The stadiums are relics of history and so is much of it's football. Add in the nonsensical fanbases and moronic owners of various clubs, I really just don't care about it as much anymore. They need to reform, but they're so stuck in their ways and flat out broke that it's not going to be possible. So while the premise of a Super League isn't my favorite, neither is Italian football in general anymore.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
why should the players be the ones getting paycuts? Never understood what people have against players making millions, etc. they’re not businesspeople, it’s not their job to make sure the clubs run in a profitable manner. If the clubs want to overpay their stars, then it’s on them when they fall out of competitions

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
why should the players be the ones getting paycuts? Never understood what people have against players making millions, etc. they’re not businesspeople, it’s not their job to make sure the clubs run in a profitable manner. If the clubs want to overpay their stars, then it’s on them when they fall out of competitions
Well then they should shut the fuck up about the clubs creating the ESL

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
that's where my speculation begins tbh

there is something we are not being told
Yep, exactly, there is something very fishy about all that circus last 3 days, I feel all that sharade was for us, people who love, like, follow football, and I wont be surprised if all that shit was staged and preplanned or whatever, its so stupid, amateurish and retarded that it doesnt make any sense, I mean cmon pretty much everyone should agree with that, something doesnt feel right here and there is a lot that we dont know and probably will never know... Its not enough to say man they are greedy rich bastards what do you expect always wanting more and more cash, big ego, stubborn as hell etc, they are all that and much more, but what they are not is stupid, and that was very stupid... Too much stupid, executing their plan in the worst possible way, why?

And its absolutely money related, 100%, the filthy rich got together and made some scheme, uefa and Ceferin are most likely on board too, created all that shitshow and dropped the bomb for all the world to see but whats important is what happens behind closed doors between them, that remains private and secret, do you think that these people are capable of creating a scam in order to get some funds under the radar, because I surely do, every single one of them!

Clubs got more money, would be my guess, probably from those funds that were supposed to help smaller teams and federations that all of them plus uefa are so concerned about and care so much, they love football.

In my filled with corruption country the first businesses that got financial help from the government during the pandemic last year were those that belongs to the richest and wealthiest pigs around, things like that happen everywhere and Im sure uefa and top clubs are no exception...

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Juve and other clubs don't have a sustainable model when most of their income goes into paying wages they can't afford

Transfer fees, expenses, players wage arent appropriate with the approach these clubs have

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Generally agreed but the player hypocrisy lies within virtue signaling muh fans when UEFA is in danger while simultaneously taking $20 PPV from a poor schmuck towards their 500k/week salary.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Are you being intentionally dense?
how do you not get this? Your employer offers you a shitload of money, you would turn it down?

and as far as I know, none of the players refused to play, they just posted stuff on social media saying they didn’t like the move. What is the issue there?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
how do you not get this? Your employer offers you a shitload of money, you would turn it down?

and as far as I know, none of the players refused to play, they just posted stuff on social media saying they didn’t like the move. What is the issue there?
Of course I wouldn't turn it down but I wouldn't then publicly dump on my employer calling them greedy and soulless when they try to acquire the money to pay me.

Football players have little concern for the game or loyalty these days. Hilarious to see them calling out the clubs for it. Especially someone like Ozil

Durden

May 11, 2006
I have no problem with them making millions. But I have a problem with them taking the high horse and talking about saving the purity of the sport bla bla, when the main reason clubs are doing this, is so they are able to continue paying them their millions. Its just so fucking hypocritical..

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Generally agreed but the player hypocrisy lies within virtue signaling muh fans when UEFA is in danger while simultaneously taking $20 PPV from a poor schmuck towards their 500k/week salary.
no one is making people pay for that. Like I said, the players have no understanding of the finances. I bet most of them don’t even know about the PPV model EPL has enacted in some places because tbh I don’t expect them to give a shit. But this was a bigger move and it affected them

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
no one is making people pay for that. Like I said, the players have no understanding of the finances. I bet most of them don’t even know about the PPV model EPL has enacted in some places because tbh I don’t expect them to give a shit. But this was a bigger move and it affected them
If they don't understand finances involved then why are they opening their mouths here?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well then they should shut the fuck up about the clubs creating the ESL
I need to be more pro-‘murica I think. Euros on this forum going full commie. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I wouldn't turn it down but I wouldn't then publicly dump on my employer calling them greedy and soulless when they try to acquire the money to pay me.

Football players have little concern for the game or loyalty these days. Hilarious to see them calling out the clubs for it. Especially someone like Ozil
Or coaches like Pep Fraudiola. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)