The Super League (14 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2016
Obviously not. But you don't fix it with a seriously fucking awful and brain dead idea. This whole premise was utter desperation and dead on sight. How hard is it to see that.

Or I should say try to, because what's worse then god awful idea like a closed permanent membership league? Failing at it so you get all the negativity of it and non of the reward, which was fat check book.
I agree that the execution of the Super League was piss poor. But at least Agnelli is reacting. To me thats positive.

Being passive and just brushing these topics under the carpet wont do us any good at all either. Personally i like that we didnt back out and Agnelli went for it. That shows at least a sign of resistance.

And realistically speaking a variation of the Super League format is going to happen in the future anyways. The Serie A/CL Model sure aint sustainable on its own as we know it today, at least not if Juve or non PL teams (apart from PSG/Bayern) is expected to challenge other teams in Europe

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
All is well in the Live Ahead bus

wtf that guy was doing

- - - Updated - - -

In short, we need to start getting the most out of our revenue to avoid falling even further behind. We need to get our managerial appointments and signings right way more than we have been. And we need to stop burning money on players whose output don't justify their wages.

So yeah, we need to change our model.
Yes

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Obviously not. But you don't fix it with a seriously fucking awful and brain dead idea. This whole premise was utter desperation and dead on sight. How hard is it to see that.

Or I should say try to, because what's worse then god awful idea like a closed permanent membership league? Failing at it so you get all the negativity of it and non of the reward, which was fat check book.
if it was such an airtight and wonderful project, half the teams wouldn’t have bailed after half a day of blowback.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
if it was such an airtight and wonderful project, half the teams wouldn’t have bailed after half a day of blowback.
that's where my speculation begins tbh

these guys have experts, economists, analysts, consultants, lawyers all assessing before moving forward. just like any other business venture. how could they (mainly agnelli) be so poorly prepared?

it cannot be simply rooted in poor comms or marketing. there is something we are not being told

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, the whole premise was so utterly idiotic, that 70% of its membership bailed less then a day and half of its first announcement. That tells you everything you need to know.

How can you be this tone deaf and incompetent? You are the biggiest clubs of the worlds biggiest sport that generate billions.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

these guys have experts, economists, analysts, consultants, lawyers all assessing before moving forward. just like any other business venture. how could they (mainly agnelli) be so poorly prepared?

it cannot be simply rooted in poor comms or marketing. there is something we are not being told
thats what I think too, even the explanation the night of was odd, why not send some cool guy with a power point to explain things, instead they send out Perez and his rambling nonsense

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Agreed. Question is when or even if we will ever get a full story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)