The Super League (23 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The agreements preventing them from joining is anticompetitive behaviour though, it might not be possible to enforce it
This . If they try again and UEFA tries to enforce that agreemnet they still break anti-trust laws.
Also the other bug clubs just couldn't care less about some lacklustre agreement if big money is involved.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
[QUOTE = "Cerval, post: 6357012, member: 20424"] The agreements preventing them from joining is anticompetitive behavior though, it might not be possible to enforce it [/QUOTE]
Yes but that would mean legal battles and more delay, which is bad for a side already bleeding.

ps why can't I quote the message properly?

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
funny thing is I wonder if those clubs who 'pulled out' and have also faced financial consequences for their actions now might want to think twice given that the clubs shouldn't face consequences according to EU laws.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
funny thing is I wonder if those clubs who 'pulled out' and have also faced financial consequences for their actions now might want to think twice given that the clubs shouldn't face consequences according to EU laws.
don't kid ourselves
it's just spanish and italian clubs that need the Super League.
English clubs thanks to PL tv rights worth 7b/year are still ok and not desperate for it.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
don't kid ourselves
it's just spanish and italian clubs that need the Super League.
English clubs thanks to PL tv rights worth 7b/year are still ok and not desperate for it.
That's not the point, those clubs will look and say "hold up why are UEFA punishing us despite 'withdrawing' from the ESL yet EU laws says we are protected from punishment, but UEFA will take our money anyways"

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't they face sanctions/punishments at home since Britain is no longer part of the EU?
But isn't the offence committed by UEFA and not the British clubs? There for EU laws still applies

I cant see the Premier league wanting to take domestic action, they'll get dragged into a complex legal battle which Im sure they don't want to involve themselves in just to try and preserve their cash cow, either way they will always sell their product to the highest bidder.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
How’s AA the winner here? What exactly did he achieve? Don’t let Ceferin’s stupidity fool you. AA still did a poorly planned revolt, and now 9 other clubs have agreements preventing them from joining again.
I dont know if Agnelli is at fault and the situation sucks or its actually the other way around.. I mean we dont really know everything or even remotely close to understanding what happened and what is going to happen.
If all 3 teams insist - maybe there is a reason as to why. I might even say, maybe the Super League project is still on with all the teams just hoping to get sanctioned by Uefa especially with the international tournament starting in a few days... I mean who knows..

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
@Ronn - there was a space between the = and "next to Cervals name. .. I think: grin:

HelpDesk Ticket # 07041776 has been closed.
Yeah I know but can't edit it. I remove that space and it is not saved.

haha same thing with this post too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
[QUOTE = "JuveJay, post: 6357158, member: 8588"] What are you posting from? Reply to this post please. [/QUOTE]
Chrome on iPhone. My phone is acting weird today.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
[QUOTE ="Ronn, post: 6357153, member: 17111"]Yeah I know but can't edit it. I remove that space and it is not saved.

haha same thing with this post too.[/QUOTE]
That's really strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)