The Super League (6 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
From a legal standpoint, do we have a chance of winning against Uefa?
I think it would go to the European Super Court. I don't think any team broke any rules, they agreed to join a league that never actually got created and if they were found guilty then it would probably have to be the same punishment as the other clubs got. I''m not a lawyer so it's just a best guess.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
From a legal standpoint, do we have a chance of winning against Uefa?
There is no case, its all just talk. Even Fifa president said few days ago, that there shouldnt be any punishment, aware that any kind of punishment could invoke European commision to get involved. I dont think they would like that. Take a look at the several rulings, they stomp pretty hard at companies/organizations that go against free market and competition. At the end of the day Super League would have been another market, which would offer clubs economic benefits.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
There is no case, its all just talk. Even Fifa president said few days ago, that there shouldnt be any punishment, aware that any kind of punishment could invoke European commision to get involved. I dont think they would like that. Take a look at the several rulings, they stomp pretty hard at companies/organizations that go against free market and competition. At the end of the day Super League would have been another market, which would offer clubs economic benefits.
Exactly. The whole pyramid of the EU is based on a free market.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
NYT reporting that Juve, Real and Barcelona may face a two year ban from european competitions

Wouldnt be surprised if they do something like that to build some pressure/cause some panic and then overturn it as a way to deter future attempts.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
there must be a solid reason for Real, Barca and Juve to stay with the Super League and keep defying Uefa, they are not backing down and there must be a reason for this! We can only gues but I think we don't even know half the story. Even Infantino was attending the super league meetings, so he knew all about it and he can't stand this Uefa guy!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
there must be a solid reason for Real, Barca and Juve to stay with the Super League and keep defying Uefa, they are not backing down and there must be a reason for this! We can only gues but I think we don't even know half the story. Even Infantino was attending the super league meetings, so he knew all about it and he can't stand this Uefa guy!
Yeah. Good lawyers. Also theyre smart enough to know that this is the kinda game where you have to go all in.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Not that it's the same but we all know how the bosman ruling went. The underdog won. We just gotta stay United with them Spanish fags but I doubt we will, them two will split off and fight their own case.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
So Infantino was also involved?
Interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Other than the EPL teams reasons, why did Atletico and the 2 Milan clubs chicken out? I’m sure that they also have access to fancy lawyers.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So Infantino was also involved?
Interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Other than the EPL teams reasons, why did Atletico and the 2 Milan clubs chicken out? I’m sure that they also have access to fancy lawyers.
Those 3 will literally go bankcrupt if they miss even 1 year (one more in case of Milan) without CL money.
Simply got too scared I guess, major cash-flow problems.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Not sure how accurate this is and of course should be taken in light context only as it disregards wages and other operating costs but since 2016-2017 Reals net spend has been 41.7m - 61 clubs have a higher net spend.

We're in position 14 at 218.3m.

Reals been penny pinching while winning CL's and out of the three clubs are obviously in a better state to deal with UEFA sanctions.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Isn't that mostly because the core of that winning team was signed before 16/17? Its an interesting stat but I think it says less about Real being pennypinchers and more about them making some great signings who have been the core of an excellent side for years and sticking by them

Jul 13, 2010
I expect UEFA will have to pay tens of millions to the 3 clubs in the end and not only allow to play in CL, but also allow to play in SL if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)