The Super League part deux? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Even if this happens, the upfront costs to Jj may take years to recover. When the governing bodies of both the domestic and continental leagues respectively are literally trying to bury you by smothering your income which the club is a great contirbutor to each of theirs.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
“I think there will be a Super League,” Laporta told Spanish radio station Cadena SER. “I would not have entered into this project if it was not an open competition and it was accepted by Real Madrid , Juventus and other clubs that have not yet shown their faces but are very interested in this competition.

“[The Super League] will be a reality in 2025, if the resolution is favourable,” he added. “If the ruling, which I believe will not happen because what is being called into question is the defence of free competition in the framework of the EU, and I believe that this will be won.”

But Laporta said that Premier League clubs would not be part of the first wave to join a new competition - even if a number of them remain keen on the wider propsoal.

He added: “In a first step, what we will have is a European competition that will compete with the Premier League. I don’t think the English teams are going to enter in the first step.

“We want them to enter and there is a lot of communication with the English clubs Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham. All these clubs, most of which are for sale and some have already been sold, are interested.

“The state leagues would be maintained and this will end up with a merger between the European Super League and the Premier [League].”
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/european-super-league-chiefs-contact-29038272

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I'm not keen on the format. They want 14 games a season per team, with the idea of replacing the champions league. We should be replacing the domestic leagues instead, with UCL as the cup competition.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm not keen on the format. They want 14 games a season per team, with the idea of replacing the champions league. We should be replacing the domestic leagues instead, with UCL as the cup competition.
nah, local fans of most clubs won't give up on domestic competitions and it's fine. those need to be streamlined, 20 teams are a bit too much in italy and spain.

here's some key points btw that you probably know already but might be news for some:

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
minimum 14 games? 38 league games plus domestic cup games plus super league, players'll suffer from fatigue. CL is 13 games at most if you reach the final.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
60-80 teams in multi-divisions?

That's not a Super League. Those are just leagues.

They are obviously trying to fuck up UEFA as it is, by contacting these smaller clubs.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck UEFA and The EPL.

Cefelis and his cunty suits can have the Britbongs and PSG.

I just hope Bayern are men and not cucks - they need to be on board as well.

I don't care what anyone says, but a league with Fagca, Juventus, Real, Milan, and Bayern is more interesting that a bunch of Britbongs playing against each other.

Add the likes of Benfica, Porto, and Ajax, and you have enough traditional powerhouses to make this interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)