The Super League part deux? (39 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Without English clubs superleague in format posted by @maxi isnt even stronger than EPL. Looking at teams alone could even be weaker than current CL group stage.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Without English clubs superleague in format posted by @maxi isnt even stronger than EPL. Looking at teams alone could even be weaker than current CL group stage.
How though? Only 3 EPL clubs that are relevant in CL the past few years. Liverpool, City and Chelsea.
The 4th spot could be Arsenal, MU, or Tottenham which are hardly better than the rest of Europe

Nejc

May 13, 2006
How though? Only 3 EPL clubs that are relevant in CL the past few years. Liverpool, City and Chelsea.
The 4th spot could be Arsenal, MU, or Tottenham which are hardly better than the rest of Europe
I just dont see a way to fill 30 spots with quality teams, even with including EPL teams (which is basically the same as CL group stage now), let alone without them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
English media are dumb as fuck, I remember the days when they used to print pages of naked models in newspapers, far better than the shit you read now about how some guy shoved lego up his arse and spent 10 hrs in hospital trying to get it removed

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Ask any half-interested in sports if they'd watch a league game between Barca and Juve and they'll be reluctant. Ask them if they wanna see Barca Juve in the round of 16 and they might join you.
The aim of the league is to keep the game attractive for the general public. Not for us who watch football anyway. I don't want this. Why would they want it?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Looking at EPL teams forums, this new formula and generally the new announce of Superleague is a big success. EPL fans seem to have changed their stance much for me, most understand there is a need for a change and leave the corrupt UEFA.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I just dont see a way to fill 30 spots with quality teams, even with including EPL teams (which is basically the same as CL group stage now), let alone without them.
I guess you'd look to fill the space with teams with storied histories (ie "big clubs") but who play in leagues which aren't so rich these days. The reason you can't think of a way to have 30 teams of a high level without any English teams is because of the huge amount of money centralised there- which is precisely the problem to which TSL is a proposed solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)