The strong Juve squads (4 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
A highlight of what the squad could do -The 6-1 drubbing over meelan :touched:- unforgettable, we played like we actually enjoyed it and each player on that pitch played with heart. What a squad.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #63
    I'd also go for the 96/97 and you know what, no matter how good we were, we were yet less superior to other teams than Inter is this season.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Serie A was the best league back then; The Bundesliga was also very competitive during that period.

I can't really pick one squad, but the Juve teams of the late 90's (95-99) was the best Juve I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I am sure the squads from the 80's with Platini, Brady, and Boniek were a joy to watch too, but I was too young and didn't get any games during that period.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
    In regards to a specific season, the 97/98.

Staring
    Peruzzi
    Moreno Torricelli
    Ciro Ferrara
    Paolo Montero
    Gianluca Pessotto
    Didier Deschamps
    Antonio Conte
    Edgar Davids
    Zinedine Zidane
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Fillippo Inzaghi

Subs
    Michangelo Rampulla
    Alessandro Birindelli
    Mark Iuliano
    Manuel Dimas
    Alessio Tarchinardi
    Fabio Pecchia
    Angelo Di Livio
    Nicola Amoruso
    Daniel Foncesca
    Michelle Padovano

The Padovano then is MILES better than the Amauri now. They both have flowing flocks, so the hair is not responsible for Ama's wretched form ...

We also have probably the best home Jersey to celebrate that Centenary year

Not to mention the legendary blue ...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    On paper, I think we had our best squad during the Capello years. Pretty much every player was world class.

Personally I have always preferred our squads from the 90ies though (most notably 95-96 & 97-98), so for me those were the best. But that might have a lot to do with nostalgia.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005

Staring
    Peruzzi
    Moreno Torricelli
    Ciro Ferrara
    Paolo Montero
    Gianluca Pessotto
    Didier Deschamps
    Antonio Conte
    Edgar Davids
    Zinedine Zidane
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Fillippo Inzaghi

Subs
    Michangelo Rampulla
    Alessandro Birindelli
    Mark Iuliano
    Manuel Dimas
    Alessio Tarchinardi
    Fabio Pecchia
    Angelo Di Livio
    Nicola Amoruso
    Daniel Foncesca
    Michelle Padovano
    Now that was a tough Juve squad,players that meant what the Juve jersey represented,never knew what giving up was about & working together to make each other shine.:touched:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

Staring
    Peruzzi
    Moreno Torricelli
    Ciro Ferrara
    Paolo Montero
    Gianluca Pessotto
    Didier Deschamps
    Antonio Conte
    Edgar Davids
    Zinedine Zidane
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Fillippo Inzaghi

Subs
    Michangelo Rampulla
    Alessandro Birindelli
    Mark Iuliano
    Manuel Dimas
    Alessio Tarchinardi
    Fabio Pecchia
    Angelo Di Livio
    Nicola Amoruso
    Daniel Foncesca
    Michelle Padovano
    You know looking at that list right there, it really says alot . On paper we had a handfull world class players yet we were the best team in europe back then.

I'd consider Del piero, zidane, davids, Deschamps and maybe inzhagi are the only world class players in the team. Both Ferrara and Montero are a really solid players while the rest of the team were just decent players.

One look at the bench and we reallize that we had a bunch of decent "hard working" players there but nothing special. We didn't even had a sub for zidane on the bench and average Forncesca and Padovano were del piero's sub. Yet we were a superior team.

Ii've always thought great teams should be built like that, 4-5 world class players who would make a difference in the team + decent hard working players to fill the other positions. We had such a great combination back then.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    But, but its the same now. Just go ask Fred, he will tell you that only 2-3 players of Juve would make his Arsenal lineup.
    It's clear that our problem is in the management not the individual players that we have right now.

The constant injuries that we have right now is another major problem that i feel our management don't really take seriously. The injuries problem alone should make the owners fire those on charge of the club without hesitating.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm showing my (lack of) age here but

Buffon - Zebina - Zambro - Thuram - Canna - Camo - Nedved - Emerson - Vieira - Trez - Ibra/DP

Was pretty damn good.
    That was, player-wise, the best team we've ever had. We never managed to match with the standards those names suggest though.

My favorite squad is the 02-03 one.

Mar 24, 2006
    97/98

and

02/03

good memories :touched:

Inzaghi , Del Piero , Maresca , Tacchinardi , Iuliano , Buffon , Montero , Ferrara , Esnaider , Pessotto , Deschamps , David , Zidane , Nedved :touched:

Ohhh my

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006

Staring
    Peruzzi
    Moreno Torricelli
    Ciro Ferrara
    Paolo Montero
    Gianluca Pessotto
    Didier Deschamps
    Antonio Conte
    Edgar Davids
    Zinedine Zidane
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Fillippo Inzaghi

Subs
    Michangelo Rampulla
    Alessandro Birindelli
    Mark Iuliano
    Manuel Dimas
    Alessio Tarchinardi
    Fabio Pecchia
    Angelo Di Livio
    Nicola Amoruso
    Daniel Foncesca
    Michelle Padovano

The Padovano then is MILES better than the Amauri now. They both have flowing flocks, so the hair is not responsible for Ama's wretched form ...

We also have probably the best home Jersey to celebrate that Centenary year

Not to mention the legendary blue ...

the 97 club was what got me hooked on Juventus. what a brilliant group of players.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
    You know looking at that list right there, it really says alot . On paper we had a handfull world class players yet we were the best team in europe back then.

I'd consider Del piero, zidane, davids, Deschamps and maybe inzhagi are the only world class players in the team. Both Ferrara and Montero are a really solid players while the rest of the team were just decent players.

One look at the bench and we reallize that we had a bunch of decent "hard working" players there but nothing special. We didn't even had a sub for zidane on the bench and average Forncesca and Padovano were del piero's sub. Yet we were a superior team.

Ii've always thought great teams should be built like that, 4-5 world class players who would make a difference in the team + decent hard working players to fill the other positions. We had such a great combination back then.

The small handful of world class players we had at that time are probably the best in their respective positions. I do not think anyone can argue there is a better 2nd Striker than Ale or a better playmaker than Zidane at that time. Davids is re-building his reputation as the toughest pitbull in midfield after Juve saved him from Milan.

Throw in the No-Nonsense duo of Ferrara and Montero flanked by the more than decent Torricelli, Conte, Pessotto and Di Livio, they formed such a strong backbone that eventually see us reaching 3 CL finals in a row. It just showed how consistent we were playing at a high level.

That season, Inter led by Ronaldo and Djorkaeff was biting tooth and nail with us throughout the season, and when they came to the Delle Alpi and lost the game (one which Iuliano showed us how to bring Ronaldo down in the penalty area w/o being penalized for a spot kick), they somehow lost it and Juve started to run away with the title.

So it makes that season extra sweet. Had we won the CL against Real which we should had since we had the superior squad, that would have been the best squad playing its best season ever in my memory

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    I have that exact '97-'98 home jersey, with #10 Del Piero :touched:

Still my favourite football jersey to date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)