The strong Juve squads (8 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm showing my (lack of) age here but

Buffon - Zebina - Zambro - Thuram - Canna - Camo - Nedved - Emerson - Vieira - Trez - Ibra/DP

Was pretty damn good.
All things considered, player by player in the starting XI, that was probably our best squad we have ever had.

Vieira and Emerson were two out of the three best DM's in the world, Nedved was one of the top attacking all action midfielders in the world, Trez was perhaps the best finisher in the world, and Thuram and Canna were two of the top five centerbacks in the world, probably the best central duo by far. And of course, we had the best keeper in the world.

Without a doubt we probably had the strongest team sheet in the world at the time, which is why I hate Capello. We should have achieved much, much more with that team, but Capello really screwed us over in Europe. Utterly pathetic.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
All things considered, player by player in the starting XI, that was probably our best squad we have ever had.

Vieira and Emerson were two out of the three best DM's in the world, Nedved was one of the top attacking all action midfielders in the world, Trez was perhaps the best finisher in the world, and Thuram and Canna were two of the top five centerbacks in the world, probably the best central duo by far. And of course, we had the best keeper in the world.

Without a doubt we probably had the strongest team sheet in the world at the time, which is why I hate Capello. We should have achieved much, much more with that team, but Capello really screwed us over in Europe. Utterly pathetic.
yea,looking at this squad I get sad and ask myself if we are ever going to be this good,

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Just that Mutu never played as a striker.
He did, but not very often. As I remember it Capello used him mainly on the flank, but he saw bench for the most of it. But who cares, those were the 5 strikers that we had that year and it looks strong on paper. That's what I was pointing out.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
1995/96 squad: Vialli, Ravanelli, Del Piero, Torricelli, Sousa

or 1997/98 squad: Zidane, Davids, Del Piero, Torricelli

Similar teams both fantastic but the 1996 one edges it for me, maybe its just that memory of winning the Champions league that season but it just had that extra something.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Mutu and DP often entered the game after 80 minutes under Capello. Mutu was so f--king wasted here.

Oh and one things for sure, maybe we had one of the best sides under Capello, but we never played up to our abilities.

I remember even with that side we needed to play title match with Milan in spring and scrape through with a dull 0:0.

Oh, now that i think about it, remember how we got through the first round against Bremen in CL, Emerson goal in the last minute after Bremen goalkeeper gifted it. We were sure to go out. Thats what we needed to advance, a f--king gift with that squad.

But that horror show against Arsenal away. God...

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Oh, now that i think about it, remember how we got through the first round against Bremen in CL, Emerson goal in the last minute after Bremen goalkeeper gifted it. We were sure to go out. Thats what we needed to advance, a f--king gift with that squad.
:lol: That was hilarious though.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Didnt do any better at Real. Lost to Bayern in first knockout round. Also lost to Lyon 2:0 in group stage. And drew with Dynamo Kiev.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Mutu and DP often entered the game after 80 minutes under Capello. Mutu was so f--king wasted here.

Oh and one things for sure, maybe we had one of the best sides under Capello, but we never played up to our abilities.

I remember even with that side we needed to play title match with Milan in spring and scrape through with a dull 0:0.

But that horror show against Arsenal away. God...
And that's why I don't give much credit to Capello, because he was a European disaster. But there's no doubt that his squad was probably the best we have ever had.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)