The strong Juve squads (10 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
On paper, our team in 05/06 was our strongest one ever. Quality and class players in evey position. Too bad we didnt do well in Europe with those players, it was a real shame.

In terms of actual success/class/best it has to be the 1995-1998 Juve squads. Simply a magical time to be a Juve fan.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
On paper, our team in 05/06 was our strongest one ever. Quality and class players in evey position. Too bad we didnt do well in Europe with those players, it was a real shame.

In terms of actual success/class/best it has to be the 1995-1998 Juve squads. Simply a magical time to be a Juve fan.
Ecxept for the RB with Zebina. There must always be a weak link somewhere :D

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
That 1997/1998 was an amazing sqaud to watch, and del piero in my own opinion was the best player in the world that year. It is a shame he didn't get the ballon D'or that year

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ronaldo was on a par with Del Piero during that season. His Inter didn't win the Scudetto and we did; granted, they did win the UEFA Cup. Moreover, Zidane completely outshone him @ the WC.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
There was a certain Zidane that led France to World Cup Glory that year, while Del Piero was a massive disappointment for the Azzurri :shifty: :rolleyes:
Zidane only shone in one game and that was the final against brasil. He wasn't spectacular in the rest of the tournament. I know Del piero was a big disappointment, but in club football that year del piero was the best player in Juve and way had way better performance than Zidane. Add to it del piero wasn't all that good in the world cup because he got injured in the end of the season, and Maldini took him even though he wasn't 100% fit. Back to Zidane performance in the world cup 1998 tournament, which I believe was one overrated performance. I love Zizou and consider him one of the greatest 5 players ever, but that world cup against the Saudi he played like an average game, and got the red card then missed both games against paraguay and Denmark. That game agaisnt Italy he didn't lit things on fire, I think R. Baggio had more threat as a substitute than him. The Croatia match was Thuram's day and was the man of the match. Zizou only lit things on fire in the final, Zizou had a better Euro 2000 tournament than the 1998 world cup. I still believe that the best player in the 1998 world cup was Ronaldo, but to judge the best player in the year on one things is false, we need to look at the whole year, and in my opinion del piero was unstoppable that year with Juventus and if he didn't get injured in the end of the season he definitly had the chance to lit things on fire in the world cup 1998

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)