The Rock Thread (2 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Metallica in Zagreb next year! :shocked: Not a huge fan but I heard they fucking rock live. After witnessing the greatness of Maiden, I'm psyched to hear the second biggest Metal band ever, live.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Seen them live twice (bits and pieces at least).
I didn't think they were that great or impressive, but maybe that's because I don't care for their music that much.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I saw them at the album launch party in the uk at the O2 Arena and it was a fun gig, Maiden were better when i saw them, but the acoustics at the O2 are awful which hindered my enjoyment a bit.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
the mars volta coming down for a side show in melbourne late january got me the tickets, on stage over 2 hours im stoked cant wait!

Apr 15, 2006
Metallica in Zagreb next year! :shocked: Not a huge fan but I heard they fucking rock live. After witnessing the greatness of Maiden, I'm psyched to hear the second biggest Metal band ever, live.
I heard some bad things about Lars trying to play double-bass and screwing the timing up, and thus screwing up the show.

You have been warned.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't find them entertaining at all.

Might as well listen to a group of children banging pots and pans together, screaming at the top of their lungs.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Well, I suppose there is something to be said about rap. I might as well listen to a bunch of black people talking shit to each other while kicking trash cans every first and third beat. It's like a game of dice meets Stomp, for me.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fair enough, it is not everyone's cup of tea.

But the fact that I get negative comments just because I mention I don't like Metallica is quite silly, but so is their popularity, God-like status.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I don't like Metallica, Andy. Some old Metallica is good, but now it's just dreadful. I can only listen to classic rock nowadays, nothing new. There's something to be said about excessive crash use by drummers and screaming (not so much Metallica, but those heavy, heavy bands). I feel like an old man...

In truth, you and I are in the Rock Thread here, so by bad-talking Metallica we're more or less begging for a lynching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)