The Rock Thread (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Since we have a thread for Techno Trance and House Music..its only fair to have one for Rock Music too:D

Anyway.Ive been listening to a lot of Clash off late.I even came across some of their videos on Youtube.The video for Rock The Casbah is pure class.Joe Strummer was a fucking genius.

Sex Pistols who?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    Muse is great.Definatley one of the best present day bands out there.I havent really heard of Fray,but Nickelback are Ok.Not a big fan of theirs.I love 'Figured You Out'.My brother's a big fan of theirs,so im regularly exposed to their music,but it never works for me.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    the only 'rock' that im listenin to right now wud be Joe Satriani and Frank Zappa. the rest of it wud be progressive, death or extreme metal! :D
    Its difficult to define genres,but ive always felt that Metal is a subgenre of Rock.So you can toss in your Metal notions here too:D

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Muse is great.Definatley one of the best present day bands out there.I havent really heard of Fray,but Nickelback are Ok.Not a big fan of theirs.I love 'Figured You Out'.My brother's a big fan of theirs,so im regularly exposed to their music,but it never works for me.
    you haven't heard of The Fray?

listen to these songs of theirs:

how to save a life
    over my head

just do a search on youtube.

also can you change the title to rock and metal? this way we can awesome bands like Metallica in :D

edit: never mind just read your above post

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    You call Genesis Metal?:p

@Lion - Ive heard How to save a life.I never knew it was by The Fray.The vocalist is kinda irritating,epecially in the beginning.Its like the vocals and the piano are moving in seperate directions..but it gets better when the drums kick in.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    Metallica have lost it as far as im concerned.They're just carrying on for the sake of it..just like so many giants from the 80's.

This Metallica and the one from the 80's and Early 90's..worlds apart.

Apr 15, 2006
    You call Genesis Metal?:p

@Lion - Ive heard How to save a life.I never knew it was by The Fray.The vocalist is kinda irritating,epecially in the beginning.Its like the vocals and the piano are moving in seperate directions..but it gets better when the drums kick in.
    it's progressive rock actually! their early stuff with Peter Gabriel and Collins is brilliant! u shud check it out!

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    I have,and i like Genesis.Supper's Ready is bit too hard to digest,but generaly their stuff is top notch.Im a bigger fan of the period where Collins took control.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #16
    Ive been at the end receving of these Gaydars..and i must say,this is much better than the ones i got:D

James Blunt isnt bad however.'Wisemen' is a cool song.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    nah he is just a personality-free, nausea-inducing, spoiled-little-rich-kid who's songs all sound the same and are generally bought by women. you just seriously cannot put him in the same sentence as pink floyd

Sarah

s-doLLa
    Sep 26, 2007
    nah he is just a personality-free, nausea-inducing, spoiled-little-rich-kid who's songs all sound the same and are generally bought by women. you just seriously cannot put him in the same sentence as pink floyd
    Yeah I love James Blunt so you might be onto something :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)