The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in
    Engines stop running the wheat is growing thin
    A nuclear error but I have no fear
    Cos London is drowning and I live by the river

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    I've always thought that's crap.How can a person like a song that doesnt have a good melody?:confused:
    I always thought that only goes for Dylan fans.
    bollocks i mean i can appreciate good music,i absolutely adore Sigur Ros but have not got a clue what the hell they are singing about. no what i mean is that a catchy tune and strong melody can really mike you like a song, really catch on to it, but it is the words in 90% of the time that make a song stand the test of time

I saw the Clash, live!
    ok its official

i hate you

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    to me the yrics are 90% of a songs greatness
    That's called poetry, Rob.

I've always thought that's crap.How can a person like a song that doesnt have a good melody?:confused:
    Sort of what I was thinking.

I always thought that only goes for Dylan fans.
    Exactly the example I was thinking of.

I saw the Clash, live!
    When they came here to San Francisco in the 1980s expecting a bigger tour, there's a concert promoter, Bill Graham, who had a monopoly on venues where bands could play with crowds of any decent size. Because of record deals, etc., the Clash had to play here under an assumed name (the "Crash"?!?) to legally meet contract requirements of labels while playing at non-Bill-Graham clubs.

Later, SF comes around and names an auditorium after the douchebag responsible for this. :(

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    I cant believe i havent listened to Jimi Hendrix. I knew he was legend, but he was too strong to me before, now i cant get enough of him, awesome music.

Sep 1, 2002
    I saw the Clash at the Marquee when they were still fairly unknown, bar a few gobbers.

Hate me.

Dylan is not only one of the last century's best poets, but also one of it's best melodists.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Well it was a joke obviously, but like it's a secret Dylan's lyrics carry his songs... He's more of a poet than a musician, but he has found middle ground between it and recorded some classic stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no huge fan but I appreciate his work and some of his songs are my favourites ever, like Hurricane and All Along The Watch Tower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)