The Official Tennis Thread (8 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Congrats to Nole for yet another amazing match. Lets see if he will be allowed to play in the US.

Nick Kyrgios is a disgusting piece of filth though. A loser that picks on random woman at the stands after he started throwing the game away or his shouting at family members. Cretin.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Don't know much about him other than what I have seen at Wimbledon but I like Krygios. He's entertaining and shows a bit of passion/gamesmanship. Sport seems to have lost its characters in recent years and expects everyone to give the same monotonous interviews and act the same way.

I don't see anything wrong with him complaining about a drunk spectator heckling him when he is serving.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Was there someone drunk or was he looking to find excuses because the pressure of a big final got to him? Google a bit more about his antics. Players like Ivanišević or for older generations McEnroe were charismatic, audience liked them and could relate when they would get frustrated. Guys like Kyrgios have none of it, they just look lame and make most of the audience cringe because all of it looks forced and petulant.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He is a cretin and looks like someone who's got a mental illness or something.
Yelling at your family and staff for not getting up and celebrating you at 40-0 then losing your service and scapegoating them after.
This guy is probably dumb that he could join dumb and dumber in a threesome.
I don't like Djoko after his Australian Open antics but I couldn't get myself to root for this guy.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Don't know much about him other than what I have seen at Wimbledon but I like Krygios. He's entertaining and shows a bit of passion/gamesmanship. Sport seems to have lost its characters in recent years and expects everyone to give the same monotonous interviews and act the same way.

I don't see anything wrong with him complaining about a drunk spectator heckling him when he is serving.
It's the opposite actually:

Kyrgios has openly said that he "does not love tennis" and has a greater interest in basketball. He openly critiqued his dedication to the sport after his exit at the 2017 US Open to fellow Australian John Millman, saying that he is "not dedicated to the game at all" and "There are players out there that are more dedicated, that want to get better, that strive to get better every day, the one-percenters. I'm not that guy." At the 2015 Wimbledon Championships, after he failed to return numerous serves, Kyrgios was accused of tanking—deliberately not playing up to his abilities—during the second set of his fourth-round loss to Gasquet. Kyrgios was booed by the crowd for his perceived lack of effort, but denied the accusations, stating "of course I tried".
In October 2016 Kyrgios was fined $32,900 (on top of an earlier fine of $21,659—$13,127 for lack of effort, $6,563 for verbal abuse of a spectator, and $1,969 for unsportsmanlike conduct) and banned for eight weeks for "lack of best efforts" against unseeded Mischa Zverev in the second round of the Shanghai Rolex Masters. He threw the match 6–3, 6–1, in 48 minutes,[148] at one point asking the umpire: "Can you call time so I can finish this match and go home?" When later asked during a press conference if he thought he owed the fans a better effort, he responded: "What does that even mean? I'm good at hitting a tennis ball at the net. Big deal. I don't owe them anything. If you don't like it, I didn't ask you to come watch. Just leave."
Some commentators believe Kyrgios is more committed than he claims. After a string of successes in 2017, Kyrgios attributed his greater consistency that year to an improved work ethic. He said: "I've made an effort to try and put in the work every day. It hasn't been easy." However, he continues to cause controversy on the court. Hugh van Cuylenburg, founder of the Resilience Project in Australia says Kyrgios is deliberately provocative and thrives when there is chaos around him: “Some people thrive in a hostile environment because it tricks them into the right level of arousal and reminds them of how much they care and how much they want to win – and Kyrgios is one of those.”
Dude probably had the talent to win Slams, but his head is just not there.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Djokovic coming from complete reject to GOAT is one of the most least expected turn of events i'v seen in the history of sports. There was no way no one passes Federer, yet alone Nadal as far as the complisments, but this serbian with the fire in his eyes to prove everyone wrong just about to have done it pretty much. Sick.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Was there someone drunk or was he looking to find excuses because the pressure of a big final got to him? Google a bit more about his antics. Players like Ivanišević or for older generations McEnroe were charismatic, audience liked them and could relate when they would get frustrated. Guys like Kyrgios have none of it, they just look lame and make most of the audience cringe because all of it looks forced and petulant.
Based on what I have heard of fans at Wimbledon this year I'd say it is highly likely she was drunk.

It's the opposite actually:

Dude probably had the talent to win Slams, but his head is just not there.
To be fair to him he would have been 21 in 2016 and likely a young player with attitude problems who chucked the game at the first sign that he wouldn't win it Yeah his mentality seems to be a big issue, he seems talented. Apparently his fiancé has settled him down so maybe he will find consistency. He had a good tournament, seems like it is up to him whether he builds on it.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Cry. The tears of Djokovic fans makes it even sweeter.
Listen bro, everybody hates him in my country for being an ultranacionalist, and our issues with Serbia. Still that doesn't make him the ultimate GOAT in the game. He will get more GS than Nadal even missing the US open and australian open. It's stupid unvaccinated players from US can play but Nole can't.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Listen bro, everybody hates him in my country for being an ultranacionalist, and our issues with Serbia. Still that doesn't make him the ultimate GOAT in the game. He will get more GS than Nadal even missing the US open and australian open. It's stupid unvaccinated players from US can play but Nole can't.
Why is it stupid? The customs and immigrations department made that rule for EVERYONE entering the country, not just for Djokovic. Do you think he’s above the rules and they should make an exception just for him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)