The Official Tennis Thread (30 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Peak Nadal, before his 2009 injury would beat both peak Nole and Federer.
That version of him was a monster.
Actually he did beat peak Federer on his favorite court in 2008.
But alas Nole is going to be GOAT, probably with at least 3 GS more than any of them.
Who would have thought.
:howler: peak Nadal can suck Nole's cock. All Rafa ever won is a lot of Roland Garros titles. Nole is the most complete player ever.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What a match. Was one of the highest quality tennis i'v ever seen in my life, prob the highest. Of course it happens on the clay, the king of surfaces, the surface that makes you to actually play better angles and tougher points. It's the epitome of surfaces, the natural one with the current equipment.

Novak and Rafa are 2 GOATS, Federer comes behind them. It's a fact and people should fucking accept it.
Word. Nadal though... :tdown:

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Word. Nadal though... :tdown:

People like Nadal, are dying breed in this world. Guy gives all he has, on every point. It’s the attitude im hooked on and if we had players with the mentality he has, we would do way better.

He’s a modern gladiator.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I'm not so into tennis but IMHO Federer and Nadal are head and shoulders above Nole. Firsts two peaks and fight when both were 100% healthy, if one of them weren't there by that time, they would have several GS more each.

Nole is great and he took advantage injuries, out of form and others issues that Roger and Rafa went through

Allegri_is_God

Jun 8, 2021
I'm not so into tennis but IMHO Federer and Nadal are head and shoulders above Nole. Firsts two peaks and fight when both were 100% healthy, if one of them weren't there by that time, they would have several GS more each.

Nole is great and he took advantage injuries, out of form and others issues that Roger and Rafa went through
What are you talking about? He has his share of injuries 2

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
What are you talking about? He has his share of injuries 2
Nadal: "You can go to the history and you can compare how many Grand Slams I missed in my career, Masters 1000s, you can compare how many they missed. Sorry, but is not the real comparison.

But is part of the game. I can’t and will not complain. Is just something that is like this. Even like this, I am in a good sport of the history of this sport, and keep going. That’s all."

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

This is total BS. It was supposed to be Nadal and Federer, no one else. Djokovic was never supposed to be the guy with 20 slams but he's probably better than both of them. Federer himself sneaked like 12-13 slams before Nadal and Djokovic even got the picture and like 7-8 after those guys were over 20yr old. If anything, Federer been "lucky". Djokovic then had to fight against all the odds to beat these guys and have a winning record against both of them. Clay season being just couple months of the year isn't really ideal for Nadal, but oh well, he has 2 Wimbledon's as well.

Djokovic as a player is better than both of them. I don't care who's the greatest, but it will be Nole in the end, or atleast it seems it will be.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
This is total BS. It was supposed to be Nadal and Federer, no one else. Djokovic was never supposed to be the guy with 20 slams but he's probably better than both of them. Federer himself sneaked like 12-13 slams before Nadal and Djokovic even got the picture and like 7-8 after those guys were over 20yr old. If anything, Federer been "lucky". Djokovic then had to fight against all the odds to beat these guys and have a winning record against both of them. Clay season being just couple months of the year isn't really ideal for Nadal, but oh well, he has 2 Wimbledon's as well.

Djokovic as a player is better than both of them. I don't care who's the greatest, but it will be Nole in the end, or atleast it seems it will be.
Djokovic got most of his slams when Federer and Nadal were past their primes, and when the rest of the competition got even weaker. Not necessarily saying Federer is better, but Nadal has much more of a claim for GOAT, at his prime and without injuries he was unplayable. Only checking number of titles doesn't tell the whole story.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

you can argue that in the djokovic-federer rivalry, roger's age was always gonna kick in at some point. 6 years of a diff is a lot, but with nadal, they have more or less the same age, nadal is only 1 year older. and djokovic beat nadal 30 times iirc. how many times nadal was injured/out of form/had other issues?

also, djokovic won 19 grand slams. do you know how many times he won without beating either nadal or federer? 5 times. so 14 times he beat one of the true goats, and considering the ranking of those guys, this could only happen in either semis or finals, so the point of "he took advantage injuries, out of form ... that Roger and Rafa went through" is invalid by definition, as you won't get into a final when injured or in bad form. not sure about other issues though.

truth is that something happened with djokovic in 2011. he found a way to regularly beat those two other guys. before 2011, nadal had a comfortable h2h lead of 16-7. since then, it's 23-12 to djokovic. same for federer: 13-6 to federer before '11, 21-10 to djokovic ever since. he just became a different player. :boh:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

You can read what Nadal said and I quoted before. Roger technical level is second to noone IMO, however, I don't know anything about tennis, not even in video games

- - - Updated - - -

you can argue that in the djokovic-federer rivalry, roger's age was always gonna kick in at some point. 6 years of a diff is a lot, but with nadal, they have more or less the same age, nadal is only 1 year older. and djokovic beat nadal 30 times iirc. how many times nadal was injured/out of form/had other issues?

also, djokovic won 19 grand slams. do you know how many times he won without beating either nadal or federer? 5 times. so 14 times he beat one of the true goats, and considering the ranking of those guys, this could only happen in either semis or finals, so the point of "he took advantage injuries, out of form ... that Roger and Rafa went through" is invalid by definition, as you won't get into a final when injured or in bad form. not sure about other issues though.

truth is that something happened with djokovic in 2011. he found a way to regularly beat those two other guys. before 2011, nadal had a comfortable h2h lead of 16-7. since then, it's 23-12 to djokovic. same for federer: 13-6 to federer before '11, 21-10 to djokovic ever since. he just became a different player. :boh:
Yep, Roger started to decline after his 30's and Rafa started to suffer injuries all the time. That's what happen, nothing else

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Maybe Djokovic is a GOAT, but I will never like the guy.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
same for me with nadal. :boh: and i still admit that he's the undisputed clay goat, no contest there
Funny story about Nadal, my grandmother is a big Roger fan and couldn’t stand Nadal until a few years ago when my she and my uncle (her son) met him at the US open a few years ago. The guy stopped for an autograph and was super sweet. She has a grudging respect for him now.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

He immensely improved his stamina and mobility.
He used to always lose a 5 set match against nadal prior to said improvement.
Even this year at RG when nole finally beat nadal, was because the match was played late in the evening . If the game would be played normally in the scorching sun nole would have tapped out in 3 sets .
I believe that's his only real weakness now . Playing a long match in intensive heat.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Djokovic got most of his slams when Federer and Nadal were past their primes, and when the rest of the competition got even weaker. Not necessarily saying Federer is better, but Nadal has much more of a claim for GOAT, at his prime and without injuries he was unplayable. Only checking number of titles doesn't tell the whole story.
Djokovic is -87, Nadal is -86 and Federer is -81 so it ain't like they were playing different eras. Federer won majority of his titles with no Nadal or Djokovic being even in the picture. Even that age gap proves it, which offers him a great chance to be ahead. On top of that, when Nadal and Djokovic were on their early 20s, Federer was still on the prime years of any athlete on most of the sports, which is around 27. Now to say he's been playing 12 more years from that 27yr and still winning few GS's, still beating players left and right just proves there hasn't been anybody else stopping these guys from winning more, than eachothers. The fact just is that Federer didn't have these 2 on his early 20s, when he wasn't even at his best and when he was at his best, he couldn't beat these 2.

Djokovic at 2011 or 2015 is the highest peak of any player. He had more points combined than the 2nd and 3rd player, he was just unplayable. Was on the finals of all masters, won like 8/9 of them, was on the final on all GS's, won 3/4 of them etc. Lost just 7-8 whole year. Other year was almost good as the im talking about. Djokovic is going to have all the records, winning h2h record against either of them so it's pretty damn hard to argue against him, even he's the "3rd wheel". I will always be team Fed, he's the guy that got me to tennis. Nadal used to piss me off many years, until i realized the fight in him in this 2021 rainbow time is just something that we're going to miss years to come. He's an animal. Djokovic doesn't raise any emotions, except how fucking good he is.

You can read what Nadal said and I quoted before. Roger technical level is second to noone IMO, however, I don't know anything about tennis, not even in video games
You always kind of appreciate things you don't have. Even Toni Nadal said he likes to watch Federer's game the most.

Technique is so damn large scale of things, that it's almost almost impossible to say who's best. Federer has the most "natural" technique. Djokovic has the most perfect technique and Nadal has the most "raw" technique, where i'd still take Nadal's forehand before anyone.

I still do appreciate Djokovic for being able to hit the 30cm x 30cm square from any position. He can be forced into the corner and defend from split, but the still puts the ball near the lines just because how good of a technique he has. Federer against the players he doesn't need to defend has great technique, but for example against Nadal and Djokovic he's forced to hit from the positions he ain't the most comfortable at and sometimes his technique just breaks up.

That's what i think about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)