The Official Tennis Thread (2 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Federer and his style, elegance on the pitch are unmatched. No trophies won more by Djokovic are gonna change that. Just like Neuer isn't the GOAT keeper over Buffon cause he won the CL or whatnot. It's not only about trophies. There was magic on the pitch with Federer. Djokovic has nothing special about him. I can't see how people will remember him more than Federer. Not chance.
Buffon plays a 11v11 game, these guys play 1 on 1 vs each other. Federer was GOAT from about 2009 up until 2020, but now 2 guys will surpass him. Both in head to head (any way, overall or if you look at GS only), will surpass him in overall victories at the biggest tournaments (GS, Olympics, World End Tournament, Masters 1000, overall number of titles). All these things Federer will end behind those 2 when all 3 are retired. He has the style points and sentimental points over them, but the majority of people wont consider him greater than either one of his rivals

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
What a match. Was one of the highest quality tennis i'v ever seen in my life, prob the highest. Of course it happens on the clay, the king of surfaces, the surface that makes you to actually play better angles and tougher points. It's the epitome of surfaces, the natural one with the current equipment.

Novak and Rafa are 2 GOATS, Federer comes behind them. It's a fact and people should fucking accept it.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Federer and his style, elegance on the pitch are unmatched. No trophies won more by Djokovic are gonna change that. Just like Neuer isn't the GOAT keeper over Buffon cause he won the CL or whatnot. It's not only about trophies. There was magic on the pitch with Federer. Djokovic has nothing special about him. I can't see how people will remember him more than Federer. Not chance.
The thing about Federer is that he had to beat the old guard in Sampras and Agassi to become the best player in the world AND the new guard in Nadal, Djokovic and even Murray.
Djokovic doesn’t have any challengers younger than him, which makes it easier to rack up the tournament wins. None of the younger generation is even on the caliber of a Andy Murray, or even a Stan Wawrinka.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The thing about Federer is that he had to beat the old guard in Sampras and Agassi to become the best player in the world AND the new guard in Nadal, Djokovic and even Murray.
Djokovic doesn’t have any challengers younger than him, which makes it easier to rack up the tournament wins. None of the younger generation is even on the caliber of a Andy Murray, or even a Stan Wawrinka.
But he couldn't beat Nadal or Djokovic, nearly as much as before they became what they are. Since Djokovic reached his first GS final (US Open loss to Federer in 2007), Federer has won 8 GS in a 10 year span. He was losing to Nadal and Djokovic at every GS. He won 12 GS between 2003-2007, which is amazing, but neither those old guys you mentioned, nor Nadal (except at clay) or Djokovic were at their best during that time

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
But he couldn't beat Nadal or Djokovic, nearly as much as before they became what they are. Since Djokovic reached his first GS final (US Open loss to Federer in 2007), Federer has won 8 GS in a 10 year span. He was losing to Nadal and Djokovic at every GS. He won 12 GS between 2003-2007, which is amazing, but neither those old guys you mentioned, nor Nadal (except at clay) or Djokovic were at their best during that time
I'm a Nadal guy, who only started appreciating Federer once he started to lose his dominance.
Of course I would like Nadal to be the GOAT, but I think Federer still is.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That doesn't add up, yo know. Federer won a lot when the old guard was on the verge of retirement and enjoyed a healthy period without any competition whatsoever. The most impressive GS titles that I give credit to Federer are the ones where Nadal, Djokovic and to some extent Murray were competing at top of their game.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Peak Nadal, before his 2009 injury would beat both peak Nole and Federer.
That version of him was a monster.
Actually he did beat peak Federer on his favorite court in 2008.
But alas Nole is going to be GOAT, probably with at least 3 GS more than any of them.
Who would have thought.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What happened to Americans? They always had great players historically (McEnroe, Connors, Courier, Sampras, Agassi) but ever since Roddick they have been short of talent.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)