The Official Tennis Thread (10 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nadal still the GOAT imo, Novak could overthrow him and still has years ahead of him to prove it however. But I completely jinxed Nadal ffs
He is, he has 20 slams to Novak's 19 (potentially), and he has a olympic gold. Plus the point no one mentions, Nadal has been injured the most of the 3 of them, and still is tied in slams, masters etc. Imagine if he wasn't hurt so much and missed so many tournaments? But I'm saying, people will remember Djokovic as the GOAT, the only achievement he has left is overtaking them in slams, which at this point is almost a given

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He is, he has 20 slams to Novak's 19 (potentially), and he has a olympic gold. Plus the point no one mentions, Nadal has been injured the most of the 3 of them, and still is tied in slams, masters etc. Imagine if he wasn't hurt so much and missed so many tournaments? But I'm saying, people will remember Djokovic as the GOAT, the only achievement he has left is overtaking them in slams, which at this point is almost a given
It's probably happening this year already.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Meh. Sure if you look only at trophies won maybe, but personally I think Federer will remain the GOAT.

Djokovic can't hold a candle to him in terms of impact on the tennis world.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Meh. Sure if you look only at trophies won maybe, but personally I think Federer will remain the GOAT.

Federer was the greatest to watch for me but truth be told, Nadal got the best of him more often during the prime years of the rivalry

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's probably happening this year already.
Yes. A shame, i liked Roger and wanted him to remain #1, but 20 years from now no one will think of him as greater than Nadal or Djokovic. They will surpass him in titles and have the h2h against him. Right now its between those two for GOAT, and Djokovic looks to be the front runner. But lets wait for the final 1st

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Federer came 1st. People dont look at that tbh. Its a individual sport, and individually, Djokovic (and Nadal) have won more. Both against him and in general. Thats the reality of things

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yes. A shame, i liked Roger and wanted him to remain #1, but 20 years from now no one will think of him as greater than Nadal or Djokovic. They will surpass him in titles and have the h2h against him. Right now its between those two for GOAT, and Djokovic looks to be the front runner. But lets wait for the final 1st

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Federer came 1st. People dont look at that tbh. Its a individual sport, and individually, Djokovic (and Nadal) have won more. Both against him and in general. Thats the reality of things
Federer and his style, elegance on the pitch are unmatched. No trophies won more by Djokovic are gonna change that. Just like Neuer isn't the GOAT keeper over Buffon cause he won the CL or whatnot. It's not only about trophies. There was magic on the pitch with Federer. Djokovic has nothing special about him. I can't see how people will remember him more than Federer. Not chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)