The Official Tennis Thread (57 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
wow, fucsovics just beat medvedev, and he did it in style. the first time he beat a top10 player in a gs, and medvedev is yet to win a garros match.
Medvedev just doesn't have the game for Clay. He plays so deep and when you can't really put pace on the ball from there, you're pretty much unarmed. With the hard courts and with a faster tempo and, Medveved can use the speed of the ball and use those kind of counter strokes. It looks on the hard courts that he's versatile, but he somehow reminds me of Gilles Simon on clay and once you get certain type of opponent, it's difficult to Medveved to actually change anything on his game and once opponents just have you against the wall, it's nothing but hanging on the match.

Djokovic looks so deadly atm, gotta be the favourite in these circumstances, this weather and these new Wilson balls.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Djokovic has to be the favourite. Thiem and Nadal are on the same side, they will face in the semis if everything goes by the plan. Djokovic has way easier path on the finals + he plays better than everyone else atm.

Stan is out, that's the sad news.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Thiem vs Gaston was on of the best matches i'v seen for a while/years. Gaston had perfect game plan to mix things up with the quality drop shots and great coverage of the court.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Thiem vs Gaston was on of the best matches i'v seen for a while/years. Gaston had perfect game plan to mix things up with the quality drop shots and great coverage of the court.
also goes to show how good a player can be even outside of the top200. top tennis is mostly about nerves and motivation, the technical part is mostly there even with lower ranked guys.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Djokovic has to be the favourite. Thiem and Nadal are on the same side, they will face in the semis if everything goes by the plan. Djokovic has way easier path on the finals + he plays better than everyone else atm.

Stan is out, that's the sad news.
Stan Wawrinka? Fuck that douchecunt. He's an arrogant Muppet. a couple of my friends in Switzerland met him, and said he was one of the most self absorbed fake douchebags they'd ever met. Federer, on the other hand, is a true gentleman.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Stan Wawrinka? Fuck that douchecunt. He's an arrogant Muppet. a couple of my friends in Switzerland met him, and said he was one of the most self absorbed fake douchebags they'd ever met. Federer, on the other hand, is a true gentleman.
Federer has double twins, has perfect hair, has rolex as his sponsor, dresses perfectly and even his fart smells lile vanilla so comparing Stan to true gentleman like Federer or any athlete is almost impossible. I don’t really care what your m8s said unless i’v personal experience about meeting the guy and even then, i’d never build my image on the guy over couple minutes of shit chat. Everyone has their worse days and those guys are always under the radar for whatever they do, but Federer just protects his legacy and image more than others and Stan has always been that do not give a fuck guy or atleast that’s the image you get on the pitch so meeting him, i’d him being the same, until he forces him not to be, just like the most athletes.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Djokovic vs Nadal tomorrow. It's hard to say who's the favourite, but Djokovic been a total pain in the ass for both Nadal and Federer throughough their careers and especially, last 5 years. If this was on the hard courts, i'd bet Djoko straight on 3 sets but on clay, i don't really know. The lower bounce of the ball in these conditions give Djokovic the edge, but Nadal is 99-2 on at Roland Garros so it should be obvious that he's the favourite. What Schwartzman was able to do on Nadal at Rome kind of reminds me what Nole has been doing to Nadal everytime they face eachothers, taking the ball early. Nadal never been able to hit deep enough on clay and when the bounce is lower, it just comes perfectly for Novak to step in and take that ball early and control the points. Novak is just way better to do what DS did to Nadal at Rome and even in Semi's Nadal vs DS, DS gave Nadal run for his money in the end. Nadal ain't going to have the benefits of breaking the serve that easily + Nole is going to give alot of trouble for Nadal in his service games.

Going to be epic match, it comes down to the fact if Nadal trying to play too passive or not. If he just waits further back, Nole is just going to play him out of the court like on the hard courts.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don't like Nadal but im rooting for him against Novak. Nothing against the latter but i never liked how he plays.

May the Clay Gods be with him.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
81mins whole match and gets paid same as men's finalists who are playing atleast twice that. On top of that, Swiatek wouldn't even be top 1000 if men's and women's had combined ATP/WTA ranking, she would never make past 1st round etc.

Gotta say, Tennis fucked big time by going that route. Nonetheless, she prob worked hard for that so gratz.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Nadal is just another animal on the clay. Im just little bit concerned can he keep up with the intensity on his footwork through the match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)