The Official Tennis Thread (23 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Ya, it was a great pleasure.

How about Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas? What a match it was if anybody saw it. One of the best hard court matches of..some time lol.
didn't see this particular match, but saw alcaraz a couple of times briefly, and he is obviously very, very talented. if a young player from outside the top50 beats a top10 guy, it's usually a huge surprise. not this time though, kid's got the tennis and the legs to beat most players. we'll see how prepared he is mentally.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Damn Djokovic is 1 GS away from being the best Tenis player ever. I actually like the guy. He is a beast, he is physically strong and mentally even stronger. He can turn around games like no one else, against all odd.
Even if Djokovic doesnt win tomorrow he is already the goat.
1. Better h2h than Nadal and Federer.
2. Same numbers of GS won
3. More ATP masters won.
4. Won GS while Nadal and Federer were still playing. He has the highest number of GS won beating a Big Three member en route.
5. He beat Nadal on French open which is freaking difficult.
6. He won 4 GS in a row, something Nadal and Federer failed to.
7. He won 4 GS more than once.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
this might be one special us open. a qualifier just won the women's final. never thought it was possible. and she also never dropped a set during those 3 weeks, which makes it even more impressive, even though she never faced a top10 opponent. this is some history. a qualifier winning a major, damn. well done for her. (money is ridiculous though, women never play more than 3 sets and never generate the same tv audience and advertising revenue than men, still get the same prices. anyway...)

bbc have a good coverage of the final and reactions:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/tennis/54517115

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
yeah, the quality is there. i don't watch women's tennis at all, just checked the top10 and barely recognised 2-3 names, but checked the final's best moments and was pleasantly surprised how well those two teens hit the ball. the canadian chick played great too. she had much longer matches and stronger opponents en route to the final, i guess that didn't help her in the final.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
yeah, the quality is there. i don't watch women's tennis at all, just checked the top10 and barely recognised 2-3 names, but checked the final's best moments and was pleasantly surprised how well those two teens hit the ball. the canadian chick played great too. she had much longer matches and stronger opponents en route to the final, i guess that didn't help her in the final.
Me neither, but considering how much there's room for improvement in women's tennis compared to men's, there's a massive chance for someone to take the game to whole another level with the physique and fitness. It's unbelievable really, to look back and see Graf moving better years ago than the players nowdays. Of course, when you're able to hit harder with the current equipment, it literally forces you to play in certain way in women's tennis but literally dumping the idea of being a proper athlete is flabbergasting. Should be athletic and in the same time, being able to hit hard instead of just one.

Sakkari is one of the women players i might turn the TV on when she's playing, just because she's an athlete. Too she built her game around the physique and isn't really going for the shots.

Damn Djokovic is 1 GS away from being the best Tenis player ever. I actually like the guy. He is a beast, he is physically strong and mentally even stronger. He can turn around games like no one else, against all odd.
Even if Djokovic doesnt win tomorrow he is already the goat.
1. Better h2h than Nadal and Federer.
2. Same numbers of GS won
3. More ATP masters won.
4. Won GS while Nadal and Federer were still playing. He has the highest number of GS won beating a Big Three member en route.
5. He beat Nadal on French open which is freaking difficult.
6. He won 4 GS in a row, something Nadal and Federer failed to.
7. He won 4 GS more than once.
Nole is already the GOAT.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
not watching and have no idea what's going on. this pressure is way too high and medvedev has a terrific h2h vs djokovic, but i guess muricans wanna see history so they'll try to push djokovic forward. i still can't see anyone winning a calendar slam

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
not watching and have no idea what's going on. this pressure is way too high and medvedev has a terrific h2h vs djokovic, but i guess muricans wanna see history so they'll try to push djokovic forward. i still can't see anyone winning a calendar slam
Medvedev could have been broken 5 times in a row but he won the point. And now he breaks Nole in the second set. That's already a hell of a match.

- - - Updated - - -

He now leads 3-0 in the third set after winning the first two sets. Wowow

If Djokovic wins this then, which he will, then that would be the most impressive thing I've seen in Tennis.

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Medvedev could have been broken 5 times in a row but he won the point. And now he breaks Nole in the second set. That's already a hell of a match.

- - - Updated - - -

He now leads 3-0 in the third set after winning the first two sets. Wowow

If Djokovic wins this then, which he will, then that would be the most impressive thing I've seen in Tennis.
Well public was being unfair to medvedev. Though he should have waited before serving. Lets see if he can do it now.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Started supporting Medvedev in the 2019 USO, when he had a great tournament and lost to Nadal in the final.

Now that Federer and Delpo are out of the picture/not the same as before, he's become the one im mostly rooting for

I'm glad it was him that was the first of the next gen to win against the big three in a final in a GS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)