The Official Jean-Alain Boumsong Thread (Lyon) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:D I can post more than ten links for his interviews each day these days, if you want...

Anyway, good luck, Boumsong...:scarf:
Good luck, Jean Alain, may you finally rediscover your ability :)
:tup:

Boumsong completes Lyon move

The Jean-Alain Boumsong saga is over with his official sale to Lyon, while Guglielmo Stendardo is set to join Juventus on loan from Lazio.

Boumsong was already in France to complete the transfer when Juve revealed they had changed their minds and wanted him to stay for another week so that he could play Thursday’s Coppa Italia quarter-final against Inter.

This infuriated Olympique Lyonnais, whose director dubbed the incident “repugnant.”

Former Newcastle United defender Boumsong was also angry and according to reports refused to come back to Turin.

It seems to be over now, as Lyon released a statement confirming he had penned a three-year contract and Juve will receive £2m.

The Bianconeri already have a replacement lined up, as it is claimed Stendardo will complete his loan move next week.

They had wanted the Lazio defender on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season, but in order to safeguard their investment the Biancocelesti have extended his contract for five years.

channel 4

MadballJuve

Oct 8, 2007
I still believe this guy has a great future in front of him. He needed to play next to a real leaderd, Cannavaro for example. When Thuram joined Juve, he had Ferrara, Boumsong had nobody to stand by his side. I hope one day he can come back to Juve and defend like the best in the world. He has great attitude and at least he has always stated that his performances weren't just good enough. I guess any other player would search for an excuse, Boumsong not, and that shows he's a man of honour. Good luck.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Im relieved hes gone but I do feel a sense of loss.

I always got the feeling that he was proud of being a Juventino and would always fight for the shirt!

Thats more than I can say for a few of our current players!!

So dont call him an idiot he was a humble player and I wish him all the best!!

Ciao Jean Alain :pint:

And good luck against Man Utd :scarf: :rndh: :toast:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I can't believe I'm sad to see him leave. I don't know why but I can't shake the feeling, had DD stayed, Boumsong would have become a pivotal player for us.

Good luck Boum-shake-the-room-song, Lyon is a great club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)