The Official Jean-Alain Boumsong Thread (Lyon) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
No matter how the displays of Boumsang were, but I'll never forget that Boumsang came to Juve in a time when all other players were leaving because of serie B. I'll always remember that he said juve is juve in A or B. He leaved Premier league to join juve in a diffecult time.. Ranieri did not give him a real chance.. anyway thank you and good luck Boumsang.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve Deny Lyon's Boumsong Accusations

Juventus have denied that they acted inappropriately over the transfer of Jean-Alain Boumsong to Olympique Lyonnais after the French club described their behavious as repugnant.

The transfer of the defender has now been concluded, but there was little love lost between the two clubs after Lyon had accuesd Juve of delaying the move.

This is repugnant,” snapped general manager Marino Faccioli in French newspaper L’Equipe recently.

The agreement had been reached and we sent a private plane to Turin to get the player. We accepted that Boumsong would play the first leg of the Coppa Italia in exchange for having him for the derby with St Etienne on Sunday.

“Now Juve want him for the second leg next week. This is totally stupid. In 30 years of my career I have never seen anything like it. I am astonished.”

La Vecchia Signora denied all the allegations that they had behaved poorly as general manager Jean-Claude Blanc responded to the outburst.

This is why the controversy stirred up by the French directors is entirely fabricated;" he said.

"Juventus have never changed their idea on the initial objectives and always worked with fairness to achieve a convenient outcome for both clubs.”

The Italian outfit then made an official statement, that began by claiming that they do not respond to statements made by other clubs before responding to a statement made by another club.

It is not in the style of Juventus to comment on the statements of other clubs, especially if they are regarding negotiations still in progress,” said the press release.

In any case, Juventus confirm they always behaved in every phase of the talks in good faith, coherence and taking the necessary time to reach a good conclusion.

“Juventus allowed the player and Lyon to speed up the process by authorising contact and a medical, in perfect transparency
.”

goal.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Juve Deny Lyon's Boumsong Accusations

Juventus have denied that they acted inappropriately over the transfer of Jean-Alain Boumsong to Olympique Lyonnais after the French club described their behavious as repugnant.

The transfer of the defender has now been concluded, but there was little love lost between the two clubs after Lyon had accuesd Juve of delaying the move.

This is repugnant,” snapped general manager Marino Faccioli in French newspaper L’Equipe recently.

The agreement had been reached and we sent a private plane to Turin to get the player. We accepted that Boumsong would play the first leg of the Coppa Italia in exchange for having him for the derby with St Etienne on Sunday.

“Now Juve want him for the second leg next week. This is totally stupid. In 30 years of my career I have never seen anything like it. I am astonished.”

La Vecchia Signora denied all the allegations that they had behaved poorly as general manager Jean-Claude Blanc responded to the outburst.

This is why the controversy stirred up by the French directors is entirely fabricated;" he said.

"Juventus have never changed their idea on the initial objectives and always worked with fairness to achieve a convenient outcome for both clubs.”

The Italian outfit then made an official statement, that began by claiming that they do not respond to statements made by other clubs before responding to a statement made by another club.

It is not in the style of Juventus to comment on the statements of other clubs, especially if they are regarding negotiations still in progress,” said the press release.

In any case, Juventus confirm they always behaved in every phase of the talks in good faith, coherence and taking the necessary time to reach a good conclusion.

“Juventus allowed the player and Lyon to speed up the process by authorising contact and a medical, in perfect transparency
.”

goal.com

I can see why Lyon would be pissed, but then again he was still our player at the time. If we wanted to delay the transfer for another week we probably could unless the deal was specified to have him available for Lyon at the St. Etienne match.

Either way, our board are fools in the first place for making us rely on Boumsong and Lyon's management are top quality assholes. I'd give anything for them to come and replace these retards who piss other clubs off yet don't get anything out of it.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
What did he say today??

"I regret how relentless they (the critics) have been. Criticism makes you grow but when it isn't objective, it can destroy you. That hasn't been the case with me but it's a shame that it is often difficult and unjustified. During these moments, you can't ask yourself too many questions. Otherwise you are on a spiral to self-destruction. I played well last season but when the team had a bad match, I was heavily criticised. Perhaps you have to live through these moments to be able to progress. A footballer's career is like a man's life.

For me, Lyon are the biggest French club. I didn't hesitate for one moment. I want to rediscover the pleasure of playing again. I am coming to experience the joy of success, although I am not saying that life will be easier than at Juventus. Lyon are a big club and at a big club, there is competition. Whatever position you play in, if you rest on your laurels, you can pay for it."

Team Talk

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
No matter how the displays of Boumsang were, but I'll never forget that Boumsang came to Juve in a time when all other players were leaving because of serie B. I'll always remember that he said juve is juve in A or B. He leaved Premier league to join juve in a diffecult time.. Ranieri did not give him a real chance.. anyway thank you and good luck Boumsang.
same here + he scored the goal against inter...bye bumbum

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Boumsong: I'm Happy To Be At Lyon; Now To Get More Caps Speaking to L'Equipe, new Lyon arrival Jean-Alain Boumsong has declared himself delighted to be with Les Gones, and has set his sights on a return to the national team...
Boumsong: I'm Happy To Be At Lyon; Now To Get More Caps

French international defender Jean-Alain Boumsong spoke to L'Equipe about his arrival at Olympique Lyonnais.

"I'm very pleased to have signed for the largest French club, and one of the top European ones, too," he said.

"I'm also glad to be back in France after three and a half years abroad. I've always monitored Ligue 1 in that time, as it's a quality league.

"In short, I'm happy to be here, and I never doubted the successful outcome of the negotiations."

For the onlooker, though, that was far from certain, as Juventus appeared to pick up a case of cold feet prior to his move.

However, Boumsong explained, "I felt a lot of determination from [Lyon coach] Alain Perrin, [club advisor] Bernard Lacombe, and president [Jean-Michel] Aulas. I think they also felt mine.

"I would have been very disappointed had it not gone through.

"Wages? Yes, I made financial concessions because I wanted to return home, and to play for Les Bleus. In life, you must make choices. Here, I had to find pleasure, and here I will find it. Between the French league and the Champions League, there is much to do."

On the subject of Les Bleus and a potential return to the national squad, he said, "I don't come here having already conquered it. I must show that I'm worthy of it. There are some months to go before the Euros, and I believe in the value of my work, and that I'll show it.

"I want to play in that competition, I have profound hopes of doing so, and thus I need to put in good performances with OL.

"But competition? Yes, this happens with any great club. There will be four candidates [Squillaci, Cris, Cleber Anderson] for two places. But competition, when it's healthy and fair, is always beneficial.

"I know what awaits me. We need to roll up our sleeves and work. I also want to progress."

After his continental wanderings, Boumsong was eager to return home, but said that his experience with Rangers, Newcastle United and Juve was vital.

"It's a journey that I wish everyone could have," he sighed.

"It wasn't all perfect, but it helped me learn about a new footballing culture. No matter what happens, that will serve me both as a footballer and in my life as a man."

Goal.com

WOW i very balanced and mature opinion, i wish he was as balanced and complete as a player too, anyways, good luck Boumsong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)