The Official Jean-Alain Boumsong Thread (Lyon) (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Good luck Boum!!!

Did we sold him or just loaned? And another question is are we intend to bring someone to replace him, I know about Mellberg rumour but how much truth is in that story, cuz every little I read how he will join us in June and than in January and than again in June etc...

Btw when I told to one of my friends that we are reinforcing our squad with Mellber he almost died laughing...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 24, 2006
Boumsong: I Love Juve & Am Sad To Leave :sad:

New Lyon defender Jean-Alain Boumsong has issued an emotional farewell to Juventus, saying that he is very sad to leave the club he loves, and would always be open to a return if possible.

The French stopper has completed his loan move to French champions Lyon, a transfer that should become permanent in the summer.

Boumsong joined Juve in the summer of 2006 for just under €5m from Newcastle, and was a regular in last year’s Serie B promotion campaign.

However he has barely featured under Claudio Ranieri this term, and a move away from the club this month was inevitable.

“I love this shirt, I love Juve,” declared Boumsong.

“I gave everything for the team and now I am somewhat sad. Life is strange, if one day the Bianconeri were to ask me to return, I will do so gladly.

"For me, tomorrow, I begin a new life, I need to play. I've no regrets because I had few chances since the change of coach."

Boumsong ended his 18 month stint at Juve with the perfect leaving present when he came on as a substitute last night to score a headed equaliser against Inter in the 2-2 Coppa Italia quarter-final first leg draw at San Siro.

It is now the 28-year-old’s intention to play regularly for Lyon in a bid to earn a place in Raymond Domenech’s France squad for Euro 2008.
Despite occasionaly were blamed by us , but I respects for this Guy .

Good luck for you , Boum . Farewell :tup:

Jul 5, 2005
Boumsong close to Lyon deal

Juventus defender Jean-Alain Boumsong's nightmare spell at the Stadio delle Alpi could be about to come to an end.

The Frenchman, who has been reduced to bit-part appearances under coach Claudio Ranieri, expects to complete his move to Lyon in the next few days.

Reports suggest the former Newcastle and Rangers centre-back is on the verge of signing a three-and-a-half year deal at the Stade Gerland.

The 28-year-old revealed he didn't hesitate to say yes when Les Gones came knocking on his door last week.

"I wanted to be at Lyon on Wednesday, but Juventus asked me to stay to remain on the bench for the Italian Cup match," he told L'Equipe.

"I should sign for Lyon, unless there are any last minute surprises. It is a fantastic opportunity.

"When Lyon contacted me last Friday, I immediately said yes."

Meanwhile, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas' hopes of signing Nice midfielder Ederson during the January transfer window appear to be all but over.

"Nice want to keep him until the end of the season," Aulas admitted.

"We want to convince them to change their minds, but we will probably get Ederson at Lyon on 1st July."

itv-football.co.uk

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Maybe your footballing skills were not great but your love for the club we all love is beyond any doubt. Farewell and good luck in your career and life.

Call me emotional but I always had a soft spot for this guy.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Its too bad his skills didn't equal his attitude.

I almost feel bad that he's leaving, he saved our asses yesterday. But, that's the story of his career. Maybe he can find consistency with Lyon.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Boumson's 2.5m euro will be given to Sissoko.
Sissoko's reported wages are exactly 2.5m euro
:(

Hey, it's not my fault the people running your economy are incompetent
:p
meh credit crunch, i hate that ranieri look-a-like, Allistair Darling hes more of a cock up than the tinkerman himself:

both cock ups, which ones which lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)