The Official Jean-Alain Boumsong Thread (Lyon) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The way some fans treated him the way some insulted him, it was never easy for this player to adapt. Lot of us found it impossible to play this man probably because we were used to the likes of Ferrara, Montero and Thuram. Above everything he faced and above all the bashing and the booin he left with dignity, head up and respect IMHO.

Merci Boumsong, I wish you all the luck and you're a great guy even before you made that statement.

All the best.

Oct 3, 2004
The way some fans treated him the way some insulted him, it was never easy for this player to adapt. Lot of us found it impossible to play this man probably because we were used to the likes of Ferrara, Montero and Thuram. Above everything he faced and above all the bashing and the booin he left with dignity, head up and respect IMHO.

Merci Boumsong, I wish you all the luck and you're a great guy even before you made that statement.

All the best.
At least I admire Legrottagie, because he fought to improve his form. He's raised his game up a by a bit - at least, no more f*ck ups - and merits his place in the 1st team for now.

Boumsong has scored a few goals in Serie B, but still...he's never improved, and I never felt that "attachment" to him that a fan feels towards their favorite players. Boumsong is a French reincarnation of the old-2003/2004 Legrottagie disaster.

I'm not convinced he will improve.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, by the way, but personally I don't see Boumsong putting on a MOtM performance a-la-Thuram, ever...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The only Juve player I have a picture with so far. I will always remember the way he asked the guards to let us go take a photo with him. He might not be a good defender but he sure did love the club, I felt it from how he treated us and from his approach on the field, best evidence is last night against Inter.

Now I only hope he goes to Lyon and tells about what a great club Juventus is so he will attract Grosso and others to come.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
At least I admire Legrottagie, because he fought to improve his form. He's raised his game up a by a bit - at least, no more f*ck ups - and merits his place in the 1st team for now.

Boumsong has scored a few goals in Serie B, but still...he's never improved, and I never felt that "attachment" to him that a fan feels towards their favorite players. Boumsong is a French reincarnation of the old-2003/2004 Legrottagie disaster.

I'm not convinced he will improve.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, by the way, but personally I don't see Boumsong putting on a MOtM performance a-la-Thuram, ever...
Thats wrong comparison. Legro played full season under Lippi. Boumsong hasn't played full season, he was a bench player for Juventus.

I like Legro for fighting for his place but you can't compare them. Boumsong wasn't giving the same chance Legro had or is having at Juve.

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Le transfert de Jean-Alain Boumsong « repoussé » par la Juve

La signature du défenseur Jean-Alain Boumsong à l’Olympique Lyonnais a été retardée du fait d’un revirement de position de la Juventus de Turin.

En effet le club Turinois n’a pas tenu les engagements qu’il avait donné tant à l’OL depuis quelques jours, qu’au joueur lui-même comme l’explique Marino Faccioli.
« La Juventus a repoussée l’échéance du transfert après avoir donné son accord. Le joueur avait d’ailleurs accepté de jouer, mercredi à Milan, en contrepartie des engagements des dirigeants de la Juventus de tout mettre en œuvre pour qu’il puisse jouer dès dimanche avec l’OL, lors du match contre l’A.S St Etienne.
La Juventus attendrait d’enregistrer une nouvelle arrivée ! C’est une attitude que je n’ai jamais connu en 30 ans de carrière. Je suis surpris par l’attitude de ce club huppé qu’est la Juventus de Turin, qui est forcément critiquable. »

What is this ?

it's from Lyon Official website .

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
Basically it says that we have blocked the sale of Boumsong to lyon till we get a replacement defender...............The comedy continues!!!!

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Le transfert de Jean-Alain Boumsong « repoussé » par la Juve

La signature du défenseur Jean-Alain Boumsong à l’Olympique Lyonnais a été retardée du fait d’un revirement de position de la Juventus de Turin.

En effet le club Turinois n’a pas tenu les engagements qu’il avait donné tant à l’OL depuis quelques jours, qu’au joueur lui-même comme l’explique Marino Faccioli.
« La Juventus a repoussée l’échéance du transfert après avoir donné son accord. Le joueur avait d’ailleurs accepté de jouer, mercredi à Milan, en contrepartie des engagements des dirigeants de la Juventus de tout mettre en œuvre pour qu’il puisse jouer dès dimanche avec l’OL, lors du match contre l’A.S St Etienne.
La Juventus attendrait d’enregistrer une nouvelle arrivée ! C’est une attitude que je n’ai jamais connu en 30 ans de carrière. Je suis surpris par l’attitude de ce club huppé qu’est la Juventus de Turin, qui est forcément critiquable. »

What is this ?

it's from Lyon Official website .

My French sucks, but it almost sounds like Boumsong to Lyon is a done deal, but the loan is being delayed because Juve is lacking defenders and wants to keep him until the end of the month.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
SCANDALOUS!!!

Lyon ain't happy about this because we promised them Bum so he could play vs St-Étienne this weekend.

"Never seen a thing like this in 30 years" said Lyon employee.

FFS!!! When you sell a player you make sure you have the replacement.

- MERCATO 101
- GM FOR DUMMIES

PATHETIC!!!

Get those bozos out of Juve PRONTO!!!

You can cross Lyon(who have loads of good youngsters) off the list of potential trade partners in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)