The Official Italy WC Thread (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't know about Totti.

GEA is a players agent cie and Alessandro Moggi is the big man there. ;)

EDIT: Jeeks beat me to it.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Moggi family....I also heard couple of things about Alessandro Moggi, he's even worse than his father:D
I can't complain much if he really brings in the world cup or the semi finals stage

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
lippi is announcing the squad in the evening.
Anyway this is what I hope the squad looks like :

----------------Buffon-------------------------
--Zambro-----Nesta---Canna----Grosso---
----Camo-------De Rossi------Pirlo--------
-------------------Totti-----------------------
------------Toni---------DP/Gila---------------

I'm still however not sure about Grosso, he hasnt convinced me as yet, neither has Zaccardo, but between them, I'll take Grosso. I also think Marchionni will make the squad since Diana is injured and Esposito didnt have as good a season as him

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Here it is :

PORTIERI: Buffon (Juventus), Peruzzi (Lazio), Amelia (Livorno)

DIFENSORI: Zambrotta (Juventus), Nesta (Milan), Cannavaro (Juventus), Grosso (Palermo), Zaccardo (Palermo), Barzagli (Palermo), Materazzi (Inter), Oddo (Lazio)

CENTROCAMPISTI: Camoranesi (Juventus), Pirlo (Milan), Gattuso (Milan), De Rossi (Roma), Perrotta (Roma), Barone (Palermo)

ATTACCANTI: Totti (Roma), Toni (Fiorentina), Gilardino (Milan), Del Piero (Juventus), Inzaghi (Milan), Iaquinta (Udinese)

RISERVE: De Sanctis (Udinese), Bonera (Parma), Marchionni (Parma), Semioli (Chievo)

The only dissapointment to me is Marchionni, I want him in the list...

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Espectro said:
Here it is :

PORTIERI: Buffon (Juventus), Peruzzi (Lazio), Amelia (Livorno)

DIFENSORI: Zambrotta (Juventus), Nesta (Milan), Cannavaro (Juventus), Grosso (Palermo), Zaccardo (Palermo), Barzagli (Palermo), Materazzi (Inter), Oddo (Lazio)

CENTROCAMPISTI: Camoranesi (Juventus), Pirlo (Milan), Gattuso (Milan), De Rossi (Roma), Perrotta (Roma), Barone (Palermo)

ATTACCANTI: Totti (Roma), Toni (Fiorentina), Gilardino (Milan), Del Piero (Juventus), Inzaghi (Milan), Iaquinta (Udinese)

RISERVE: De Sanctis (Udinese), Bonera (Parma), Marchionni (Parma), Semioli (Chievo)

The only dissapointment to me is Marchionni, I want him in the list...
Nella lista inviata alla Fifa, anche 4 riserve: De Sanctis (Udinese), Bonera (Parma), Marchionni (Parma), Semioli (Chievo)

that means that the 4 reserves are there so if anything hapens ...as stand by players

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
By the way, to many defensive mids if you ask me, I know that Perrotta has been playing more advanced in Roma, but Camo is the only natural Ofensive there, thats why I was hping to see Marco in there.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Espectro said:
By the way, to many defensive mids if you ask me, I know that Perrotta has been playing more advanced in Roma, but Camo is the only natural Ofensive there, thats why I was hping to see Marco in there.
i do not agree, i think its the perfect formation to call up see:

camoranesi can go up and also known to get down and help the defense, pirlo is able to move forward altough he will be used infront of the defence gattuso moves forward and so does de rossi, barone and perrota are the real defensive midfielders, also note that totti, del piero and iaquinta can all be used as attcking midfielders.. iaquinta can play as attacking midfielder to the left totti centre and delpiero left right and center

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

I liked the squad, however, Lippis should have opted for Bonera instead of Matrix, and Marchionni instead of Perrota.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I like the squad. I would probably have taken De Sanctis instead of Amelia but the third choice keeper doesn't really matter. I agree with the defenders 100% even though I don't like Materazzi and the only change I would make to the midfielders is Maresca for Barone and that's just a personal preference. I would've taken Lucarelli and not Iaquinta but with the other available options it doesn't really matter.

On the whole it's a good squad, definitely good enough to go far in the tournament. The only changes I would have made are with some of the fringe players who aren't likely to feature heavily anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)