The Official Italy WC Thread (6 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
watch him play milan this weekend because i no that will be a very competitive game, and spaletti didn't start totti today because he will start him on the weekend, very important game for both clubs

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Juve_25 said:
Well I will be happy as long as no one spits the oposite side players during the match.

hey u never no if he meant to do that, maybe he was just being generous because the other guy could probably sell totti's spits on ebay for some bills. :ha!:

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Morra10 said:
hey u never no if he meant to do that, maybe he was just being generous because the other guy could probably sell totti's spits on ebay for some bills. :ha!:
:lol:

Well now talking seriously. Stephan IMO, Totti's best form will arrive little by little in the trainings with the azzurri, right now playing more matches maybe isn't what he really needs. Its better that he starts adapting to the NT's tactics and style of playing and not to Roma's. I think he will find his best best form against Czech Republic.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Lippi: Italy's refereeing scandal won't be World Cup execuse

Italy coach Marcello Lippi said Thursday the scandal surrounding Serie A club Juventus over referee appointments should not be linked to the performances of the national team at next month's World Cup.

"If we fail to achieve our World Cup objectives then we will assume our responsibilities without hiding behind excuses of the current problems in Italian football,"said Lippi.

The Italian football federation has started investigation after media published excerpts of phone calls between Juventus general director Luciano Moggi and a refereeing official from last season in which the pair allegedly discussed match officials assigned for Serie A and Champions League games.

The scandal came out when Italy is about to start their World Cup campaign with the 23-man squad to be named on Monday.

The World Cup will kick off from June 9 to July 9.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
that i dont understand.... why didnt the federation (and the italian magazines) pospone this scandel until the world cup is over for the good of the Azzurr????!!!!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Matteo.. said:
Depends on what outcome he bet I guess.
even If he did that or not, he is psychologically fucked up, and the other players too, you can't really perform good, when the whole nation point there finger on you :confused:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
snoop said:
even If he did that or not, he is psychologically fucked up, and the other players too, you can't really perform good, when the whole nation point there finger on you :confused:
Agree, it really does kinda piss you off the way italy deals with things... :groan:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Stephan said:
and totti made his debut just today, one game left to play, not much time to find the best form, or is it, rab?

Totti didn't look yesterday bad at all. It's his first game after 3months staying out. I'm pretty confident from now till June the 12th he'll be finding his form. He's a fantastic player and Italy do need his fresh legs.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Adrian Mutu said:
Hey Guys! What would be your Italian First XI Team for World Cup?
Mine would be:

Buffon
Oddo - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Gattuso - Pirlo - De Rossi
Totti
Toni - Del Piero

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Stuart said:
Mine would be:

Buffon
Oddo - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Gattuso - Pirlo - De Rossi
Totti
Toni - Del Piero
Nice one. Though i'd change Gattuso for Camoranesi, and Oddo for Zaccardo.

Camo must be in the team! I dont care about his anger..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ramin said:
Nice one. Though i'd change Gattuso for Camoranesi, and Oddo for Zaccardo.

Camo must be in the team! I dont care about his anger..
I think Gattuso needs to start. Totti isn't going to help the team defensively while Pirlo is more of a playmaker than a holding midfielder. De Rossi will pull his weight but he won't be able to do it on his own. I think Gattuso gives us a bit more balance than Camo does and with him in the team Totti can concentrate on doing what he's best at and the right back can get forward without having to worry about being caught out. If we need a goal in the second half of a game then bring on Camo for Gatto but starting with Gatto means that we can adopt a safety first attitude and be positive at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)