The Official Italy WC Thread (4 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
What a boring looking squad that is. Only one attacking midfielder in that list and he's useless anyway! Why the hell is Marchionni, who is apparently top drawer as everyone's always raving about him, not in the squad, and why the hell is Materazzi there :howler: do some people never learn or what :D

bye bye italy in the last 16 :lick:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Great squad! only If Cassano was included, even with the bad form he had. and I wish If Abbiati was there too instead of Amelia. I am not sure about Peruzzi.

my only fear of this squad is the Goalkeeper spot. Buffon will be in bad morale after all the rumors, Peruzzi is old and bad, yeah he is not the old Peruzzi, and Amelia is not experinced. Abbiati and De sanctis (all Juventini :D) should have been selected..

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Tom said:
What a boring looking squad that is. Only one attacking midfielder in that list and he's useless anyway! Why the hell is Marchionni, who is apparently top drawer as everyone's always raving about him, not in the squad, and why the hell is Materazzi there :howler: do some people never learn or what :D

bye bye italy in the last 16 :lick:
bye bye england in the groupstage :lick:

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Great team. I will cheer for Italy, although I'm not Italian. I already did so in the last 4 big tournaments. I hope "we" finally win the cup. Italy always had great teams and has a nice mixture of southern football technique and european discipline and strategy. Forza Italia!

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Espectro said:
Here it is :

PORTIERI: Buffon (Juventus), Peruzzi (Lazio), Amelia (Livorno)

DIFENSORI: Zambrotta (Juventus), Nesta (Milan), Cannavaro (Juventus), Grosso (Palermo), Zaccardo (Palermo), Barzagli (Palermo), Materazzi (Inter), Oddo (Lazio)

CENTROCAMPISTI: Camoranesi (Juventus), Pirlo (Milan), Gattuso (Milan), De Rossi (Roma), Perrotta (Roma), Barone (Palermo)

ATTACCANTI: Totti (Roma), Toni (Fiorentina), Gilardino (Milan), Del Piero (Juventus), Inzaghi (Milan), Iaquinta (Udinese)

RISERVE: De Sanctis (Udinese), Bonera (Parma), Marchionni (Parma), Semioli (Chievo)

The only dissapointment to me is Marchionni, I want him in the list...

Hey!!!!!!!!!! No Abbiati:tdown: ??!!!! I woulda taken him over Peruzzi.If Gigi's shoulder pops out again(God forbid!),I would b more confident with Abbiati in goal than Peruzzi.
Looking forward 2 seeing some great stuff from DeRossi,the lad has improved massively and combines defensuve duty with attacking impeccably.
Not too surprised with the Lucarelli situation though.Lippi chose an Iaquinta whom he has seen perform at that level over a Lucarelli who has'nt featured for the Azzuri.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
im amazed by some of you have you seen peruzi playing this last season...he is worth taking gigi's place in the national squad he is playing twice as good as gigi lately seriously ive been watching many games of lazio and he saved their asses quite a number of times

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Great choices except for 1 terrible and another I would prefer.
The terrible one is obvious: MATERAZZI --> why not Bonera
I would've prefered De Sanctis over Amelia.

Now looking at the squad does the order of the players give any idea of the propable starting 11? If so then Italy's starting 11 is:
Buffon, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Nesta, Grosso, Camoranesi, Pirlo, Gattuso, Totti, Toni, Gilardino.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
i woudl say that this il be the formation

-----------------buffon
grosso--nesta---cannavaro--zabrotta
---------------pirlo----------------------
camo---------------------------gattuso
-------------totti------------------------
---------toni-----inzaghi---------------

that would be hell 2 of the most prolific striekers upfront

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
ZAF3000 said:
Great choices except for 1 terrible and another I would prefer.
The terrible one is obvious: MATERAZZI --> why not Bonera
I would've prefered De Sanctis over Amelia.
I'd take Materazzi any day of the week over Bonera. The latter is an overrated ex-talent who is nothing but mediocre in Parma. Besides, he's first and foremost a right back and plays as such in the gialloblu.

De Sanctis has been overshadowed by the superb Amelia this season. The Livorno keeper is one of the main reasons his team played so well. His age also helps justifying Lippi's decision.

snoop said:
Peruzzi is old and bad, yeah he is not the old Peruzzi
Peruzzi's been totally outstanding with Lazio this season. In my opinion he's been the best goalkeeper in the Serie A, and not selecting him would've been nothing but blasphemy.

It's a good squad, though I would've rather seen Tavano instead of Iaquinta.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
djleli said:
im amazed by some of you have you seen peruzi playing this last season...he is worth taking gigi's place in the national squad he is playing twice as good as gigi lately seriously ive been watching many games of lazio and he saved their asses quite a number of times
Peruzzi has had a great season no doubt,but surely Gigi has had a horrid one due to recurring injuries-so he has'nt been at his best.I still think he's done enuf to be No. 1

My line-up

Buffon

Oddo-Nesta-Cannavaro-Zambrotta

DeRossi-Gattuso

Camoranesi-Totti-Del Piero

Toni

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
great squad! the only thing that matters now is how Lippi's going to use them

attacking wise, or the ol' defensive tactics
with the class of players Italy is taking to Germany, an attacking 3-5-2 would be awesome.......although its near impossiblr for that to happen

my dream team of the Azurri
Buffon
Barzagli, Canna, Nesta
Gattuso, Pirlo, Zambro
Totti, De Rossi
Toni, Inzaghi

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
I´m glad that he had to nominate Inzaghi instead of Vieri. Vieri isn´t that good anymore and he´s hurted too. So i think his time is up.

I think it´s a good team. And that they can make it far.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Got to have respect for Marcello Lippi,most coaches would have fallen at the temptation of picking cassano,but he stuck to his guns.

personally materazzi,perrotta & iaquinta would be replaced with bonera,marchionni & lucarelli respectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)