The Official "Ask Bürke About Military Hardware" Thread (1 Viewer)

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #62
    For starters, how heavy are they? I may need a caddy..
    Depends on which one, they can range from 3 or 4 kilos to maybe 8 or 9 depending on type, cartridge and length.
    burke this the one the sniper dude from rambo 4 has, it's also in mgs4, strange shaped sniper, has a arrow shaped end? barret M107 i think

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/PORSCHER/BarrettM107.jpg

that is a SERIOUS sniper rifle

@Martin, theyre heavier than standard rifles i'm pretty sure
    It's the Barret .50 BMG (Browning Machine Gun, which is the same round the guns on the P-51 WWII aircraft shot. 50 caliber, or 1/2 and inch) sniper rifle. The muzzle brake ("arrow shaped end") is used to disperse the gas pressure behind the bullet prior to its exiting the entire barrel. Without it, it would be like dropping a 30 kilo weight on your shoulder, where with it makes it 1/3 or that.

Also, the weight depends on the sniper rifle. The one you showed is a very large rifle and weighs a lot, but it is not the exact same as the one in MGS4, although that is also a .50.

To compare a .50 Browning rifle round with some other rifle rounds, the 4th one in is the 7.62X39mm which the AK-47 is chambered for, and the 5th one in is the 5.56X45mm which the M-16/M4 is chambered for.

Now the .50 BMG is all the way left.

what about pistols ?... magnum, desert eagle, berreta ? which one is better ?
    For what purpose? Dropping a target, power, accuracy, ammo capacity, fire rate?

Mar 14, 2004
    let's say ..what would you have in a war situation

ak 47 anytime. Russian version,avoid Bulgarian and Chinese(most common in any country),Iran/Iraq version is said to be existing too.

Israeli had modified AK very well in yon kipur war,by switching rear aim towards the end of the rifle making it 25% more accurate. We had russians AK's on the end of war operations in Croatia. Five years later I had an oportunity to travel to Tel Aviv and try modified Ak in one training camp for security education. It is more accurate. Well done Israelis...

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #66
    let's say ..what would you have in a war situation
    In a war situation I would have an H&K Mk. 23, as it is the weapon of the Navy SEALS and the only purposely designed offensive sidearm.
    ak 47 anytime. Russian version,avoid Bulgarian and Chinese(most common in any country),Iran/Iraq version is said to be existing too.

Israeli had modified AK very well in yon kipur war,by switching rear aim towards the end of the rifle making it 25% more accurate. We had russians AK's on the end of war operations in Croatia. Five years later I had an oportunity to travel to Tel Aviv and try modified Ak in one training camp for security education. It is more accurate. Well done Israelis...
    This is true, but what you know is funny is a Russian barrel, Chinese receiver, Czech clip and Bulgarian stock will all fit together and operate, not as well as the original, but will still do well. This is the only weapon in the world that will do this.
    How and why do you know all this shit about guns?
    Barkuss/Cruello or me?

Jun 26, 2007
    ßüякε;1826120 said:
    Barkuss/Cruello or me?
    Uhm anyone who knows this much about guns really. It seems weird to know a lot about it or be interested in it, unless you're somehow related to the army.

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    Uhm anyone who knows this much about guns really. It seems weird to know a lot about it or be interested in it, unless you're somehow related to the army.
    i know a tiny bit about guns through army training and............games :p

burke knows alot about guns becuase he's a foxhound agent, simple really

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    What is the destructive capability of a F/A-18 if it falls out of the sky when it has no ammunition on board?

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #76
    i know a tiny bit about guns through army training and............games :p

burke knows alot about guns becuase he's a foxhound agent, simple really
    Here is the answer, I am a Foxhound agent, code named: Mr. Sunglasses

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Hey Burke, I have a question. Why do soldiers in the movies always toss grenades in that gay lob? Why not just throw it like a baseball?

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #79
    Because of a hit percentage. There could be objects in the way or a chance the thing hits a tree or a sand bag in the area between the thrower and the target. Might want to think about basketball, you have a greater chance of hitting a target with a lob as in arching the basketball versus throwing it directly at someone or something like throwing the ball at the rim (Shaq). Also, it takes more time to arch it through the air, and since most grenades have a 3 second fuse, it's better than gunning the thing at someone where they might have 2 seconds to pick the thing up and gun it back at you.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Fair enough.
    But basketball is different cause you care exactly where it lands, you don't need to drain a grenade.

Seems to me it would be useful if you could reset the fuse to whatever delay you wanted..

But still, why do you have to lob it when you can just throw it in the same arc the way you'd throw a baseball in an arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)