The Official "Ask Bürke About Military Hardware" Thread (2 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
Was just watching a video about the VADS and noticed that it was on a French Class II Destroyer and I thought there might be some here that had questions about military hardware, whether it be Attack Helicopters, or Tanks, or APC's or whatever it is that some of you may not understand or don't know.

I'm here for you to ask.

So please, from the AH-64 Apache Longbow 2 or the AN-70 or the Automatic-Kalashnikov Model 1947, or whatever it is, please ask.

As a former child study of Jane's defense weekly, I would no more than honor you with my opinions on armor and armament.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Is there a weapon that will eliminate all weapons on earth and then self destruct seconds afterwards?

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Only MAD is known to have that possibility, but if you are talking about a single weapon in a single use, there is no known weapon that could do that. There are weapons that could do that in areas or around the world, but only with several uses, which, of course, is the Atomic Bomb, which is then MAD.

It is a conundrum.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Better when asking for a weapon is like asking which poison is better to use when one wants to kill himself.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Are you saying that weapons are for losers? Because that's what I think as well.
    No people that use weapons to inflict harm & intimidate people are losers.Some keep weapons for various reasons but its people that make weapons dangerous & not the other way around.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    No people that use weapons to inflict harm & intimidate people are losers.Some keep weapons for various reasons but its people that make weapons dangerous & not the other way around.
    And because there is a tendency that people can make weapons dangerous they shouldn't exist because it is something you can't control.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    And because there is a tendency that people can make weapons dangerous they shouldn't exist because it is something you can't control.
    I'm anti-weapons too, but i'd like to know what do you mean exactly by "weapons"? Only guns, rockets, riffles etc or do you also mean spears and swords?

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    It would be nice if things could be that simple,i can find millions of instances when a weapon saved a person's life but also how it was used against them.What annoys me the most about weapons in particular is people that have no respect safe storage.How many times have we heard about a kid playing with their parents gun & the gun going off?

It would be nice if weapons didnt exist but fighting & violence is inevitable.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    We could start by banning all adversarial words on the forum, cause that's where it starts.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    I'm anti-weapons too, but i'd like to know what do you mean exactly by "weapons"? Only guns, rockets, riffles etc or do you also mean spears and swords?
    That can be taken one step further as a guy a know was arrested & convicted for defending his girlfriend.He's a professional boxer & the judge ruled that due to his intense training & knowledge of where to deliver deadly blows classified him as a dangerous weapon.

That being said anyone with self defense traing,wrestlers,army personnel could be classified as dangerous.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    That can be taken one step further as a guy a know was arrested & convicted for defending his girlfriend.He's a professional boxer & the judge ruled that due to his intense training & knowledge of where to deliver deadly blows classified him as a dangerous weapon.
    You just described the plot to Con Air :p

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I'll get back to you in a while. I'm heading home now...when I get there I will do proper replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    but therein lies the problem,what constitutes a weapon? i have a flame tempered wooden baseball bat in my home, i have never played baseball in my life but i have had it since i was 14. now i am not a violent man but when i first got that bat i was playing with my younger cousin when these other kids started to hit her, one ran up to me with a brick in his hand so i smashed the bat full force into his ribs.
    now that was a toy that became a dangerous weapon and has become a constant companion

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I have a "Gas Pistol". Never really used it, but I always keep it in my car&home. Don't think I'll ever use it but you don't know when the black day will come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)