The NHL Thread (22 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
We know how you feel about Ryder dude. Anyway, seems like NJ wants the Russian now.
:lol:

Yeah, that was a RANT. I'm sure as a Canadiens fan, you've been just as frustrated with him in the past. At 4m, he's just so painful to watch... and so is my team right now.

Boston V. Montreal, tonight at the Garden. Here's hoping my team doesn't lose their 9th in a row... giving Montreal a beatdown would go a long way for the players and fans right now. The team is finally 'reasonably' healthy... should be a good game.

Your boys should be moving one of those goalies, n'est-ce pas?... not sure who you'd prefer to keep. Your forwards definitely need an upgrade, now that Cammalleri is down.

Kovy in Jersey would be very interesting...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The rumours over here are for guys like Whitney or Cullen of Carolina. We're f*cked with the cap so we can't really do anything spectacular with Gainey on board. About tonights game. Just use the toughness and you'll get away with it. The goalies? Halak asked to be traded earlier this year. The guy is great, team player, does the job but was mistreated by the board. Love the guy and hope he does well. We could have more for Price but I really think Halak will go even if he's getting more games.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Good call Mark, Kovy to Jersey is the word. No details on what they're getting back in return yet. As per TSN and USA Today, Kovy is a Devil.

Can't believe Kovy turned down 101M+ over 12 years. Obviously doesn't want to be in Hotlanta, despite what he says.

I really like Halak too, buddy. I think you guys should move Price for a quality top 6 forward... but I agree, I doubt that will happen.

EDIT: The commentators for the B's game are saying they heard it's Oduya, Bergfors, a 1st round draft pick and a prospect... no confirmation, but that is a TON for a rental player. Both Oduya and Bergfors are quality players, no doubt about it.

Edit #2: TSN has confirmed those players/pick, and the prospect is Cormier. I think that Atlanta did very well in this deal, given the circumstances. Wow. Big deal, and I'm very glad my Bruins didn't do something like this. Totally different for New Jersey, as they're legitimate contenders - that team is very balanced.

Edit #3: I thought that Oduya was a bit younger than he is but he's a very solid player none the less.

Mike Milbury is panning this deal hard, saying that Atlanta got shredded and needed to make this deal in the offseason in order to get a proper return. He says that Wadell should "pack it in." Now, that's fair enough to say that this deal should have been done in the summer, but knowing how much Ilya was asking for, Wadell didn't have a ton of leverage.

Furthermore, Milbury should be taking a minute or two to think before opening his mouth about the decisions of another GM... after all, here are some of his accomplishments (from Wiki):

"However, Milbury has also been criticized for the many decisions he made in which payroll or orders for upper management were not factors. Many young players and prospects that Milbury traded away went on to have distinguished careers, often eclipsing those of the players he received in return. He has traded away defensemen Zdeno Chara, Wade Redden, Bryan Berard, Eric Brewer, Darius Kasparaitis, and Bryan McCabe; goalies Roberto Luongo and Tommy Salo, as well as forwards Olli Jokinen, Todd Bertuzzi, Tim Connolly, and Raffi Torres. Milbury has also come under fire for his draft day decisions such as choosing Rick DiPietro first overall in 2000 over Dany Heatley and Marian Gaborik; as well as his decision to include the 2001 second overall draft pick (Jason Spezza) as part of the Alexei Yashin trade."

He also gave Yashin that 90M deal or whatever, that the Isles had to buy out, and are still taking a cap hit on until 2014-15; they still have a total exceeding 15M against the cap on that deal! Over 3M this year!

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Wow, this is certainly interesting. Devils are stronger now, and I'd expect them to make quite the run come April.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Great deal for the Thrashers. He's a rental, No way he'll re-sign with defense-minded Jacques Lemaire at the helm. The guy needs freedom. Not a match made in heaven. Short term it's good for the Devils.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Great deal for the Thrashers. He's a rental, No way he'll re-sign with defense-minded Jacques Lemaire at the helm. The guy needs freedom. Not a match made in heaven. Short term it's good for the Devils.
I have this odd feeling he'll end up in a Kings uniform come next season. He seems like that "unfavoured local franchise" type of player.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Brian Burke's son Brendan (who recently revealed he is gay) just died due to injuries suffered in a car accident. Terrible stuff.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,829
    Hattrick Ovechkin, Caps win in OT 4-3!

Good shit. What an amazing game that was against the Pens. Glad to see them lose.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,830
    I was surprised to see the Phanuef deal, but I think that will end up working out for the Leafs. They need that sort of leadership and ability on the blue line.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Hattrick Ovechkin, Caps win in OT 4-3!

Good shit. What an amazing game that was against the Pens. Glad to see them lose.
    5-4 in OT. I didn't get to see the entire game, had to shovel snow. Good show by the Caps I mean Ovechkin.

Defense isn't the same as last year and Flower looks rusty after his long stint out. We'll get our shit together before the play offs, about the same time Mike Green and the other Caps defenseman are wishing the season was over.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Big change in Habs hockey department coming up.

Gainey out probably. Prez should leave also. Kind of like the Secco and Blanc over here.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    multi-year deal apparently. :sigh: Liked what he said at the press conference but they all say the same BS. Time to make things happen. The time wasn't that good for Bob to leave. Yeah Gauthier was always there but it doesn't give him much time to act before trade deadline. There's always the Olympic break so he might have time to work on deals and sign Plekanec.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Sooory CAPS!!! :lol:

What a team they are though. If they get solid goaltending from Varlamov and a stay at home D before trade deadline. :scared:

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    We could announce a trade tomorrow. L.A's Frolov could be on his way to Montreal.

EDIT: Booby Mac just took that rumour, chewed it up and spit it out. :sigh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)