The NHL Thread (20 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
doesn't matter...i have a friend here named mocanu, we shorted his name to moco...now with the south african team being so famous, we changed it into mokoena

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,448
    He's a bit of a Prima.

If we can't get Guerin back it would make sense to go after Karya to add veteran leadership and a bit of scoring to the first line.
    Kariya is too featherweight, even Daniel Briere's body checks would make him levitate.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Kariya is too featherweight, even Daniel Briere's body checks would make him levitate.
    That move was great in NHL 2010.:stuckup:

To be honest, after Kovalchuk the wingers go down hill fast. I think we'll either promote youth or sign a few cheapies to mix in with them as Poni, Fedo, and Guerin are probably not signing back.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,451
    That move was great in NHL 2010.:stuckup:

To be honest, after Kovalchuk the wingers go down hill fast. I think we'll either promote youth or sign a few cheapies to mix in with them as Poni, Fedo, and Guerin are probably not signing back.
    You need another good winger in there so you have the two big guys on separate lines. If not, you're going to turn into the Washington Capitals... except with a better defense.

What's his face Eaton from the D-line is cooked.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    You need another good winger in there so you have the two big guys on separate lines. If not, you're going to turn into the Washington Capitals... except with a better defense.

What's his face Eaton from the D-line is cooked.
    He's also an Islander. But we're pretty deep at defense now. Lovejoy will get more minutes now.

A good winger would be great, but I don't see it happening unless we can get someone out there to take a salary cut.

And we've got better goalkeeping than the Caps.:D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,453
    Eaton signed for them? Good.

Paul Martin was a bit of a gamble. Had a long injury last year and hasn't really taken his game to the next level. Personally, I don't think he's worth 5M a year.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Eaton signed for them? Good.

Paul Martin was a bit of a gamble. Had a long injury last year and hasn't really taken his game to the next level. Personally, I don't think he's worth 5M a year.
    Shero seems to do pretty well in free agency, so I trust him. Martin isn't going to give us the offensive output of Gonchar. He's a good skater and will make us a bit better in transition. He's also not bad defensively, has a good +/- for his career. With the emergence of Goligoski and Letang on power plays he quarterbacking the power plays shouldn't be difficult.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,455
    I would have gone for a cheaper option and used the cash to get another good winger, but that's just me.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,457
    Doesn't look like we will do much in the FA market since we tied down Hudler and re-signed Bertuzzi. Babcock recently said that Hank and Pavs will be starting together next season, which means that Filppula will need to have a break out year centering line two.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Filppula - Bertuzzi

Hulder - Helm - Cleary

Miller - Gator - Eaves

Lidstrom - Rafa

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Lilja

I'm hoping Holland dumps Lilja, but I think he will re-sign. We don't have many options in cap space which is a shame because we really could use another scoring winger. But that's cap life.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,459
    I certainly hope so. Last year his injury set him back but he still ended up with 11G and 24A in 55 games, which is OK but nothing special. In his second year he almost scored 20 so I think he can be a 20-40-60pts sort of guy, which would be great. He has the talent, just needs a solid goalscorer and physical presence with him, which he will get with Bert and Mule.

A guy like Frolov or Torres would be nice though.. :moan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)