The NHL Thread (41 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Keep that fucker, we have enough 40pt getters. :D He's good and will only get better but we need a bigger guy that could fit with Plekanec and Cammalleri or whoever Martin plays there.
For some reason I could always see Nik Antropov playing for the Habs. He probably would've been a decent pick-up for them. Big guy, gets goals...can't skate worth a shit though.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,514
    Congrats on the win tonight, Cru.

I don't have a good feeling about this season in my stomach. We are playing defense like we did last year, except with the same poor goaltending and significant lack of scoring ability. I haven't been this worried in a long time, perhaps since 2002 after the Cup. The team just has too many holes despite a great defensive crew, and the only thing that can inspire me is Osgood and Howard. Changing to a more defensive system doesn't seem to be in our future.

My thinking is that we will have a few mediocre playoff years in the next three, but then have a resurgence in talent with the likes of Tatar, Lashoff, et cetera, that will take us back to the top again. We always pull through with the draft picks. Then Pavel, Hank and Kronner will be in their prime, ready to gear up for more Cups.

We aren't going anywhere, though. People think that since Lidstrom and Drapes will be retiring soon we will become poor, but that's not understanding our organization. Our GM Holland is perhaps the best GM in any sport, let alone hockey.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,517
    Alright, back in the win column tonight, 5-4 over the Canucks. Pavel with 2 goals. Great game after being 2-0 down.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,519
    ßüякε;2194320 said:
    I heard on ESPN Radio last year that he might be the most overrated Gk in the playoffs.
    In the playoffs?

Just goes to show why I don't listen to that tripe. ESPN knows f-all about hockey, especially with that comment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)