the new,improved,updated and completely irrelevant 2009-Cassano to Juve thread (4 Viewers)

Jan 22, 2009
no need to worry about giovinco ... perhaps nedved gets to play so often, because ranieri does not want to make pavels last season bad for him ... you saw how alex reacted when he was substituted ... i dont know what nedved would have said, if he was in the second line behind gio and de ceglie for his spot ... i guess he would have been mad too ...

the old guard just demands to be played because there are used to it
I agree with you! Maybe there is an element of gratitude from the club towards the players that didn't run away when we were sunk in seria B, but stayed and fight for Juve with everything they got!

Sep 1, 2002
I believe that in De Rossi, Chiellini, Rossi and newborn Gilardino you have better players than Perrotta, Materazzi, Toni and Gilardino of back then.

Totti and Camoranesi wasn't very influencial. Pirlo and the fullbacks were however, and those three are the most difficult ones to replace.
What about: Zambo, Canna, Grosso, Gatto, Perrotta? I won't mention DP, Cambo, Pippo, Nesta...

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
What about: Zambo, Canna, Grosso, Gatto, Perrotta? I won't mention DP, Cambo, Pippo, Nesta...
I mentioned that already. Zambo and Grosso have no proper replacements yet. Neither does Canna. Gattuso and Perrotta aren't irreplacable. De Rossi and potentially Marchisio could fill their roles.

I believe that in De Rossi, Chiellini, Rossi and newborn Gilardino you have better players than Perrotta, Materazzi, Toni and Gilardino of back then.

Totti and Camoranesi wasn't very influencial. Pirlo and the fullbacks were however, and those three are the most difficult ones to replace.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I believe Montolivo can replace Pirlo, and he is more dynamic.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
FFS Pirlo is just out-of-form he's not old he's like 28 so Pirlo is not what Italy should be worried about. Fb positions could be filled by DC, De Silvestri or Motta depending how they develop. Cb, there's Santacroce, Canini, Bocchetti, Criscito and Bellusci all of whom seem to have talent. Only place I really see a terrible lack of talent is wide attackers as there's pretty much nobody coming through.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Most interesting about that link is not the obvious of Gio obviously staying, but that there is a headline of Criscito to the right, where he says something in the regard of: "Juve, I improve for you".

Many have given him ridicolously exaggerated and bogus grief because they somehow see him as someone who dislikes Juve. Him saying the above isnt news to me, but perhaps might be for those knee-jerkers.

P.S Would appriciate if someone briefly translated his little interview.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Remember how much Chiellini bitched and moaned when he came over from Fiorentina for the price of a Mars bar (thank you, Moggi :D)?

I wouldn't think much of it.

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009
so this is my first post, but i've been coming to the site for a little while to basically find some transfer info...have to say at times its been hilarious...
as for cassano, im all for him

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
so this is my first post, but i've been coming to the site for a little while to basically find some transfer info...have to say at times its been hilarious...
as for cassano, im all for him
Welcome, Juventino90. :)

Yeah, it is a little too hilarious for words around here. Not bad if you can lurk now and then. ;)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I would be happy to see Cassano sign. But who would lose their place to field him***
He is a Del Piero type, a fantasista. And why would he sign to play in the bench...Or is Ranieri planning on dropping Del Piero next season*** If not, we would have Gio and Cassano both queuing up to take DP's spot. Too much competition for one place.

Ranieri likes to play the classic Target Man and Flair Merchant in attack...We have plenty of target men, Trez, Amauri, Iaquinta and two flair merchants, DP and Gio...I would happily swap Amauri for Cassano, because we dont need three target men. Though, it still leaves the problem of three flair merchants...AHHHH...

Cassano wont come unless one of our attackers leaves...and if he isn't guaranteed a starting role, why would he leave Samp where he is the star of the show every time they play****

Still, he would be a wicked signing, and who knows, perhaps Ranieri could get the best out of him...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)