the new,improved,updated and completely irrelevant 2009-Cassano to Juve thread (6 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Be realistic, even giovinco says he's happy for the time being but he will re-evaluate in the summer. Unless he has more faith shown to him by our manager the exit door looks likely and I doubt ranieri will have any qualms about this.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
ranieri always claims he has nothing against the "boy" but he doesnt playing always claiming the team is settled what the fuck is that meant to mean????

on rai they said next week ranieri and spalletti are playing for there jobs, do i think this is true? no, but i hope it is but our board doesnt have the balls.

Jan 22, 2009
Why did they sign the boy till 2013 then, with so long negotiations? Gio has the longest contract along with Sissoko and Buffon and I remember Secco saying ."This extension is in line with our aim of putting young elements in the team, but high quality ones." The boy is staying for good

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Where is the next generation of Italian stars?
The only one I see is rossi and that is because he plays in a league where they aren't afraid to play youngsters.
Italian philosophy of football is totally wrong and they will pay for it in the coming years.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Where is the next generation of Italian stars?
Italian players are peaking later and later. You don't see young Buffons and Del Pieros anymore, dominating as a teenager.

The youngest Italian top class player I can think of is Giuseppe Rossi, who was given his big chance outside of Italy.

Players like Marchisio and Giovinco could become world class anywhere between 25-30. Compare this to Kaka, Messi and C. Ronaldo who reached that level in their pre-23s.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Why did they sign the boy till 2013 then, with so long negotiations? Gio has the longest contract along with Sissoko and Buffon and I remember Secco saying ."This extension is in line with our aim of putting young elements in the team, but high quality ones." The boy is staying for good
And who are you to confirm this? I heard out of giovincos own mouth during an interview that he will re-evaluate at the end of the season.
If I was him I would leave in the summer, before his career collapses

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Italian players are peaking later and later. You don't see young Buffons and Del Pieros anymore, dominating as a teenager.

The youngest Italian top class player I can think of is Giuseppe Rossi, who was given his big chance outside of Italy.

Players like Marchisio and Giovinco could become world class anywhere between 25-30. Compare this to Kaka, Messi and C. Ronaldo who reached that level in their pre-23s.
Exactly my point, giovinco will have like 5 caps by the time he is 25 whilst players like fabregas will easily have 60+. And on the international stage experience is everything.

Jan 22, 2009
And who are you to confirm this? I heard out of giovincos own mouth during an interview that he will re-evaluate at the end of the season.
If I was him I would leave in the summer, before his career collapses
And you obviously are not Giovinco, so don't try think instead of him! He was born and played his whole life in Turin, except the year at empoli, maybe there is an emotional element here. Before his career collapses ??:melayyanandmessi:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
And you obviously are not Giovinco, so don't try think instead of him! He was born and played his whole life in Turin, except the year at empoli, maybe there is an emotional element here. Before his career collapses ??:melayyanandmessi:
Why the hate towards me, believe me don't get me wound up.
Anyway, would you want to spend the rest of your career sitting on the bench or would you try to acheive something personal. I'm sure giovinco is not that moronic, he's a winner and winners don't settle for second best.
I'm sure a 22 year old hailed as one of the next best things won't want to vanish because if he dosent start playing consistently now he will fade fast.
And his contract doesn't mean shit, he can ask for a transfer any time he wants.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The only one I see is rossi and that is because he plays in a league where they aren't afraid to play youngsters.
Italian philosophy of football is totally wrong and they will pay for it in the coming years.
They won the WC in 2006. That means they're good for another 10 years or so.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
If Giovinco continues playing like he did against Sampdoria, I can't see him leaving.
He's coming for sure now. I don't like the idea of giving up some of the brightest Italian stars for a Cassano that might choke with a big club (like he did before).

Next to that, if this is the star Secco is talking about in the summer, I'll shoot myself

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Football is changing though, the games about physical attributes, not tactical. Obviously younger is better here.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
no need to worry about giovinco ... perhaps nedved gets to play so often, because ranieri does not want to make pavels last season bad for him ... you saw how alex reacted when he was substituted ... i dont know what nedved would have said, if he was in the second line behind gio and de ceglie for his spot ... i guess he would have been mad too ...

the old guard just demands to be played because there are used to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)