the new,improved,updated and completely irrelevant 2009-Cassano to Juve thread (6 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Душан;1901890 said:
We don't need a forward?

No,not if you look it this way we don't.If Iaquinta leaves there could be one place opened and Del Piero is not getting any younger.
If iaquinta is leaving then probably we'll need an attacker to replace him but still we have trez, amauri, Sebba. and considering the other position that we lack quality in (wingers, fullbacks) then its probaly better looking for players in these positions.

Why take the risk?

To get a player with world class ability who has proven his ability countless times in Serie A.
So there is no other great attacker out there other than cassano? He's talentd but a troublemaker you can do the math...

But according to you (and others), our management have already turned us into a mid-table team.
you really like me don't you :eyebrows:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If iaquinta is leaving then probably we'll need an attacker to replace him but still we have trez, amauri, Sebba. and considering the other position that we lack quality in (wingers, fullbacks) then its probaly better looking for players in these positions.
Giovinco is not a striker.

Buying some striker is not a priority but it's a must if Iaquinta leaves.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Also, I am not one of these people who doesn't want to sign anyone just because they would compete with Giovinco, but one has to wonder what the long term plans for Giovinco are when reading these reports.

Giovinco/Cassano to battle it out to replace Del Piero, or a change of system once Nedved, Del Piero and Ranieri are gone?
Money+Giovinco for Cassano is what i fear.
Cassano has a contract with Sampdoria, running until 2013. They're paying him 2.8 eur a year, which is 3 times more than what the second highest earner gets in Sampdoria.

It's clear that Sampdoria won't let him go for peanuts. I guess smthg around 18-20m eur. When we're working with the smaller Italian teams we usually pay them cash+players. I don't think we will pay Samp 20m. It's more likely that we'll go with 10m (most of these provided from Iaquinta's transfer out of Juve), while the rest will include swap deals.

Who can we use? Giovinco, Criscito, Palladino, Marchisio, De Ceglie, Lanzafame?

I want Cassano in Juve, but i don't like what we'll have to sacrifice in order to get him.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Money+Giovinco for Cassano is what i fear.Cassano has a contract with Sampdoria, running until 2013. They're paying him 2.8 eur a year, which is 3 times more than what the second highest earner gets in Sampdoria.

It's clear that Sampdoria won't let him go for peanuts. I guess smthg around 18-20m eur. When we're working with the smaller Italian teams we usually pay them cash+players. I don't think we will pay Samp 20m. It's more likely that we'll go with 10m (most of these provided from Iaquinta's transfer out of Juve), while the rest will include swap deals.

I want Cassano in Juve, but i don't like what we'll have to sacrifice in order to get him.
:agree: yeah i thought about that too

Sep 1, 2002
Money+Giovinco for Cassano is what i fear.
Cassano has a contract with Sampdoria, running until 2013. They're paying him 2.8 eur a year, which is 3 times more than what the second highest earner gets in Sampdoria.

To get Cassano a part exchange would be acceptable if it included any of those players but Gio (are they that shortsighted?), yet it would not be an unwanted supprise to see Iq going the other way.

Or even Camo.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Exactly as much as you like me.

Am I the one coming up with this shit?
every other day yeah. :p

We do look like one most of the times though. :D We can also say that about meelan.

This and the constant Ranieri, Molinaro, Secco, Cobolli...bashing should be tuned down a bit. It's getting boring don't you find?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Honestly I dont think the Secco is that short sighted to release Giovinco,I can however see Iaquinta leaving + cash for Cassano.It seems he has matured as there hasnt been any dramatic stories involving him as of late.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No way cassano for camo...let's get toldo for buffon while we are at it.

Why don't we just swap IQ for cassano + cash? Wouldn't that only cost us around 8m then? I'd love to have cassano here and honestly would like to see IQ go the other way.

I still think (even though aging) our main strikeforce amauri, DP and trez will be fine for another year so I'd rather spend in other areas and wait another season for a new striker unless we swap IQ with him. No way for 15-20m in hard cash.

As far as gio, I don't know how either of them would feel being backups to one another plus having to play behind the aging DP. It would make more sense to go after cassano next year if you think about as DP ages and gio matures some.

Not to happy about the thought of sacfricing our "promising" youngsters before ever giving them a shot with the 1st team.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He does not score much though. He's brilliant and all, but he's not the most effective player out there.
This is the only qualms I have with him, because I think its becoming less and less likely he will go back to being a total nut. He is an amazing player, and can be impact player enough in assisting, BUT, he hardly shoots, and was never much of a scorer even at his best season in Roma, could barely come up to double digits.

If he could be a better scorer, I think he can coexist with Giovinco quite well, but now if he plays as a forward, and Giovinco an AM behind or next to him, it will mainly become two creative players that get in eachothers ways, and both are very creative but dont score enough. So it will be odd. Ale is both very creative (though Cassano more so), BUT a very good goalscorer, Cassano even if a good finisher, barely scratches the surface of a good regular scorer.

So yeah, even if I would welcome him if he is NOT a nut, I would be hesitant on his lack of scoring. In this case, I would prefer Rossi, because Rossi is a quite good scorer (14 goals for a struggling Villareal so far).

Btw, for the others who mentionned how he was with our players. I think he is VERY realistic and predictable signing, but dont read into his greetings with our players yesterday. Go see the Euro squads gathering, this guys a very sociable and friendly guy who is the center of attention in every gathering, treats everyone like his friends (its the light side to his violite personality, is very outgoing).

And our squad has lots of his NT buddies from the Euro, Chiellini, Gigi, Camo, Ale, there is a funny vid where he singing volare with them and keep lighting up the mood. This deal can be done either way (bye Bye Iaq or Trez...:cry: ), but IMO Cassano being friendly with our players isnt an indication, he is like this allways. Check their games against Inter, he is jokes around with Zlatan and et al, its just the way he is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)