the new,improved,updated and completely irrelevant 2009-Cassano to Juve thread (7 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Don't you think we need some youth in the team: if we once again rely on DP and Camo, let's not even consider Nedved, we'll take even greater steps backward next season.

Do you really think Camo can produce the goods week on week out without injury.

DO should be used like Giggs is at united, sparingly, wisely and effectively.
I certainly do. That's why I put Gio and Tiago within parenthesis, to rotate with our ageing players.

I reckon a duo of Cassano and Del Piero/Giovinco can create a lot, especially with Marchisio and Camo/Tiago behind them and a new RB who's competent in attack.

Hypothetically, a DP-Camo-Nedved free formation with very few changes:

Amauri
Giovinco - Cassano
Marchisio - Sissoko - Tiago
Molinaro - Chiellini - Ivanovic - Zebina
Buffon

Looks good both quality and age wise.

I'd like new fullbacks as well, though. Formation could also work if you swap out Cassano for someone else, like Silva.

Sep 1, 2002
Machismo and Tiago leave me rather flat.

Trez up front and a right back of merit would give the team a better balance.

Maybe a Ribery would really put us in contention.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Machismo and Tiago leave me rather flat.

Trez up front and a right back of merit would give the team a better balance.

Maybe a Ribery would really put us in contention.
Another midfielder and a new RB would be ideal.

I think Ribery's impossible to acquire, at least for now.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
How do you figure that out?

He is controlling his temperament far better now than he did in the past.
Whenever he played to a smaller clubs (As bari or sampdoria) he was a less of a trouble maker. He's problems started when he moved to the bigger clubs (roma, madrid) do we really need to spend 20 mil euros on a player and take the risk and see if he will turn up great with us or not ?!

Remember Roma brought cassano for 28 mil euros back then and sold him for around 5 mil to madrid and he was just 24 !! No club ever did that unless the guy has a serious problem (or a major injury which he didn't). As i said i've been a big fan for cassano back in he's days with Bari i really wanted him to join juve back then but not anymore. To me he's a huuge risk and we can't afford to gamble with our limited budget with such players.

Intead of spending 20 mil on a player like cassano, we could go for someone like "Rossi" who is younger, just as talented and more professional than cassano...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Roma sold Cassano very cheaply because he was refusing to sign a new contract, unless I am mistaken.

Juve is also, traditionally at least, seen as an disciplined environment in which players can thrive.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Roma sold Cassano very cheaply because he was refusing to sign a new contract, unless I am mistaken.

Juve is also, traditionally at least, seen as an disciplined environment in which players can thrive.
But my whole point is, why take the risk ?!

do we really need to spend around 80% of our summer transfer money on cassano.

Milan got Pato for around 20 mil and atletico got aguero for a similar sum both players are top professionals and really young instead of going for a 26 year old troublemaker we can go for the safer option that is players like pato, aguero, rossi these kind of players.

Though we don't really need a forward right now for this team....

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But my whole point is, why take the risk ?!

do we really need to spend around 80% of our summer transfer money on cassano.

Milan got Pato for around 20 mil and atletico got aguero for a similar sum both players are top professionals and really young instead of going for a 26 year old troublemaker we can go for the safer option that is players like pato, aguero, rossi these kind of players.

Though we don't really need a forward right now for this team....
We don't need a forward?

No,not if you look it this way we don't.If Iaquinta leaves there could be one place opened and Del Piero is not getting any younger.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why take the risk?

To get a player with world class ability who has proven his ability countless times in Serie A.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Whenever he played to a smaller clubs (As bari or sampdoria) he was a less of a trouble maker. He's problems started when he moved to the bigger clubs (roma, madrid) do we really need to spend 20 mil euros on a player and take the risk and see if he will turn up great with us or not ?!

Remember Roma brought cassano for 28 mil euros back then and sold him for around 5 mil to madrid and he was just 24 !! No club ever did that unless the guy has a serious problem (or a major injury which he didn't). As i said i've been a big fan for cassano back in he's days with Bari i really wanted him to join juve back then but not anymore. To me he's a huuge risk and we can't afford to gamble with our limited budget with such players.

Intead of spending 20 mil on a player like cassano, we could go for someone like "Rossi" who is younger, just as talented and more professional than cassano...
But according to you (and others), our management have already turned us into a mid-table team.

Sep 1, 2002

Rossi, just as talented!

No, no, no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)