The NBA Thread (34 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
where is she now, shes not on Skip and Shannon anymore
She is now on with Colin Cowherd, and the only reason why I put up with that idiot

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite is Molly Qerim

3C021391-68F6-4F89-BADF-55C651714686.jpeg
I'm not kicking Molly out of bed, mind you, but Joy is my girl. She has been for a while now

- - - Updated - - -

This just in.

Kawhi will now be taking a meeting with the Lakers. For what it's worth. I still don't see it happening

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
She is now on with Colin Cowherd, and the only reason why I put up with that idiot

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not kicking Molly out of bed, mind you, but Joy is my girl. She has been for a while now
i hate that punk so much, havent clicked on one of his videos in years. Joy might change my mind however, shes a lovely lady

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@CR 7 i was just writing my reply but screw that, thanks Washington :tuttosport:

And now we can stop bitching about our front office. What a fucking job they did over the past month fixing the mess made over the past 5 years. :weee:

- - - Updated - - -

And Anthony Davis waived his trade kicker :touched:

4 man roster right now :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about the offseason

Lakers-Sixers finals. It HAS to happen

- - - Updated - - -

The NBA is 365.

My god, I want to have babies with Joy Taylor.

Several of them. Or at least try. A LOT

- - - Updated - - -

Lebron is giving AD #23 next year.

- - - Updated - - -

And the reason why he waived his trade kicker is because they raised his salary on Space jam 2 by 4 million dollars :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

This is my most favorite Lakers day since Magic hit that baby hook against Boston in the Finals :rofl:
Such a fantastic month. All these moron pundits who were bashing Pelinka and the ownership and suggesting they had no idea about the cap space implications of the AD trade look like complete dumbasses now.

- - - Updated - - -

@CR 7

Assuming we can’t get Kawhi (super unrealistic), would the best option be Kyrie signing with Brooklyn, getting Russell for around ~20m and still have ~12m left to go after someone decent (Bogdanovic/Beverly/etc), plus mid-level exception?

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And now we can stop bitching about our front office. What a fucking job they did over the past month fixing the mess made over the past 5 years. :weee:

- - - Updated - - -

Such a fantastic month. All these moron pundits who were bashing Pelinka and the ownership and suggesting they had no idea about the cap space implications of the AD trade look like complete dumbasses now.

- - - Updated - - -

@CR 7

Assuming we can’t get Kawhi (super unrealistic), would the best option be Kyrie signing with Brooklyn, getting Russell for around ~20m and still have ~12m left to go after someone decent (Bogdanovic/Beverly/etc), plus mid-level exception?
Russell isn't signing for 20, unless it is a 1 + 1 where we could retain some form of Bird rights. Bogdanovic is going to get 20 as well, and if we get D'Angelo, then Beverely would be a redundant way to spend the rest of that money.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Russell isn't signing for 20, unless it is a 1 + 1 where we could retain some form of Bird rights. Bogdanovic is going to get 20 as well, and if we get D'Angelo, then Beverely would be a redundant way to spend the rest of that money.
:tup:

Yeah. Too many teams with cap space this summer to get deals. What’s the max for a guy like Russell? 25%?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If we get Kawhi, we will have no cap space left. From then on, we only can add someone for the MLE, which for us is around 5M i think, and then the rest are vet. min. players. We definitely should expect guys like Melo, JR, Chandler, Gasol, Rondo, unless some players are willing to take a significant paycut to come here. Beginning of the season our depth would look atrocious until better players start being bought out of their contracts

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If we get Kawhi, we will have no cap space left. From then on, we only can add someone for the MLE, which for us is around 5M i think, and then the rest are vet. min. players. We definitely should expect guys like Melo, JR, Chandler, Gasol, Rondo, unless some players are willing to take a significant paycut to come here. Beginning of the season our depth would look atrocious until better players start being bought out of their contracts
Don't we have Johnathan Williams and Alex Caruso on qualifying offers too? As depth. lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if there is anything they can do with Bullock and KCP, considering they have Bird rights and Early Bird rights, respectively
I'd like Bullock back if possible. But have no desire to see KCP here any longer.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Don't we have Johnathan Williams and Alex Caruso on qualifying offers too? As depth. lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like Bullock back if possible. But have no desire to see KCP here any longer.
Yes, if someone offers them contracts we can match. Both have cap holds at around 1.5M right now. Ive done the math now and we can keep Bullock i think. If we assume we sign Kawhi on 6th July, and then officially execute the AD trade, wed be looking at this:

James, Ball, Ingram, Wagner, Kuzma, Hart, Bonga, Jones and Kawhi (with Dengs 5M), thats just about 100M in salaries. Caruso, Williams and Bullocks cap holds are 1.5M, 1.5M and 4.7M, thats 12 players under the reported 109M cap. Since Bullock probably gets a little more than his cap hold, we are gonna go over 109M in salaries, and do the Davis trade as a team thats over the cap, so we need to send out 21.67M in salary to make it work. Funny thing is, Lonzo, Ingram, Wagner, Hart, Bonga is just short of that (21.65M), so having Jemerrio Jones who we signed in April allows us to do this without sacrificing Kuzma :lol:

So according to my math, and im no cap and trade expert mind you so i might be off, we actually need to keep Bullock for this plan to work. KCP, unless he takes the MLE, is gone i think. His cap hold is 15.6M, no way we can keep him

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Gasol? :lol: hold up, you mean Pau Gasol? :lol2:

:rofl:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
lol but seriously, i don't think that dude will keep playing and neither does he offer anything so I doubt the Lakers get near him

There is some value out there tho, i'm sure the team will be fine, as long as they add another legitimate all star

- - - Updated - - -

He should retire in a Lakers uniform :stuckup:
oh yeah, i didn't think of that. maybe a 10-day contract

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm curious if league will give Kawhi shit for that, after they gave KD shit for joining GSW. Bron and AD are individually more overpowered duo to join.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm curious if league will give Kawhi shit for that, after they gave KD shit for joining GSW. Bron and AD are individually more overpowered duo to join.
The major difference being that KD joined a 73 win team that just eliminated him from the playoffs and was up 3-1 in the finals....

We missed the playoffs the past 6 years.

But of course he will get shit because he’s joining a Lebron team, and Lebron (and whoever joins him) always gets by far the most shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 31)