The NBA Thread (60 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm curious if league will give Kawhi shit for that, after they gave KD shit for joining GSW. Bron and AD are individually more overpowered duo to join.
They are going to give a 2 time Finals MVP shit for joining the Lakers?

- - - Updated - - -

Picture this.

Kawhi is in the meeting with Lakers at their headquarters.

In walks Lebron

A few minutes later, in walks AD

A few minutes after that, in walks Kobe

Then Shaq

Then Magic

And Then Kareem.

Talk about a recruiting advantage

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not Shaq because he's a minority owner in the Kings . Ok. replace Shaq with James Worthy

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You guys dont get it, its not about Kawhi not being able to win elsewhere, for basketball reasons Toronto makes sense. But it will be super odd and he will face a shit storm, if he joins Bron and AD, who instantly would probably become the most stacked trio in league history, 3 genuine superstars. That was why KD was given shit, for stacking the odds too much, I didnt agree with much of the criticism, nor would I with Kawhi. But trust me the narrative would be hella backwards against him if he joins AD and Bron.

But just speculating but I fail to see why he would join, he would become 2nd or 3rd fiddle. Basketball reasons doesnt fit (Raptors stay is basketball fit and 50m extra in contract is financial advantage). Only reasons I can see him joining Lakers is besides being home state, the endorsements and business opportunities increasing there.

P.S I think Clippers makes least sense of all options, so I would understand that the least, he would be iso ball hero he was in Toronto, but with a much more limited cast of players.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Clippers make least sense indeed, but despite winning in Toronto, Kawhi has it in his mind that KD didnt play the series, and Klay missed 1.5 games. If those 2 are fit they lose.

Also, he already delievered what he was brought in for. If hes true to his words about just wanting to win, there is no better place than Lakers at the moment. Playing at home and his endorsement revenue skyrocketing is a convenient bonus to that

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You guys dont get it, its not about Kawhi not being able to win elsewhere, for basketball reasons Toronto makes sense. But it will be super odd and he will face a shit storm, if he joins Bron and AD, who instantly would probably become the most stacked trio in league history, 3 genuine superstars. That was why KD was given shit, for stacking the odds too much, I didnt agree with much of the criticism, nor would I with Kawhi. But trust me the narrative would be hella backwards against him if he joins AD and Bron.

But just speculating but I fail to see why he would join, he would become 2nd or 3rd fiddle. Basketball reasons doesnt fit (Raptors stay is basketball fit and 50m extra in contract is financial advantage). Only reasons I can see him joining Lakers is besides being home state, the endorsements and business opportunities increasing there.

P.S I think Clippers makes least sense of all options, so I would understand that the least, he would be iso ball hero he was in Toronto, but with a much more limited cast of players.

Except he wouldn't be the 2nd or 3rd fiddle. He would be the best player on the Lakers. Lebron giving his jersey number to AD is already a sign that Lebron is ready to move on to the next phase of his basketball career. He timed this perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

The narrative that Kawhi would be the 2nd or 3rd wheel for the Lakers is simply incorrect, in my opinion. He and AD would be the leaders of this club now and in the future. Lebron may be the captain, but I think even he realizes that he wouldn't be at the same level as the other 2.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lebron is 37, and already has shown willingness to share the spotlight by giving AD his number. Hes got 3 more years here and his role will gradually decrease each year. After him, its Kawhi running the show as the primary ballhandler (unless they land Giannis) with prime AD as his co star. Thats a contender even after James is gone.

Edit: James isnt 37, wtf am i saying. He will be in his final year tho

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Kawhi joining the Lakers and Bron would be immensely satisfying just for the aneurysm it would give Skip Bayless. :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

After the Cavs beat GSW in 2016, Skip Bayless: Kyrie is the real mvp.

After the Raptors beat GSW this year, Skip Bayless: Kyle Lowry is the real mvp.

:rofl:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Joining the Lakers would be a bitch ass move by Kawhi but it’s okay because I’m pretty sure Adam Silver would veto the move for “basketball reasons”, as is the right and proper thing to do.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's not about talent level or who is currently better, but its about basketball fit Serge. Anyone who plays with Lebron doesnt get handle the ball much, he is alright with one iso scoring guard like Kyrie or Wade, but the rest turn into spot up or 3 and D type. In few more years he wont be there, but for couple seasons atleast he will be, and basketball fit for a mega superstar who makes sure everyone plays his way will still be there. You do not want to be the 3rd option in a Lebron team when you are used to and great enough to be first option.

It would be interesting to see Bron, Kawhi and Kuz in same team, they all essentially play the same position. Granted Kuz would be one bench, but they will share floor too.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's not about talent level or who is currently better, but its about basketball fit Serge. Anyone who plays with Lebron doesnt get handle the ball much, he is alright with one iso scoring guard like Kyrie or Wade, but the rest turn into spot up or 3 and D type. In few more years he wont be there, but for couple seasons atleast he will be, and basketball fit for a mega superstar who makes sure everyone plays his way will still be there. You do not want to be the 3rd option in a Lebron team when you are used to and great enough to be first option.

It would be interesting to see Bron, Kawhi and Kuz in same team, they all essentially play the same position. Granted Kuz would be one bench, but they will share floor too.
Lebron would be the primary ball handler, yes. But he is arguably one of the best passers in the league, and certainly the best kickout passer to wings for the three. Kawhi isn't a distributor. Lebron would put him in the optimal position to succeed. I could certainly see Lebron taking on more of a Magic role and averaging double digit assists easily for the Lakers if thet get Kawhi.

- - - Updated - - -

Joining the Lakers would be a bitch ass move by Kawhi but it’s okay because I’m pretty sure Adam Silver would veto the move for “basketball reasons”, as is the right and proper thing to do.
Why would it be a bitch move? He's already shown that he can be the leader on a team to win the championship. 2 time finals MVP. What else would he need to do, go to another franchise and lead them to another title? Why would the standards for Kawhi have to be different?

- - - Updated - - -

And Adam Silver can't veto a free agent signing.

- - - Updated - - -

So the latest is that the Lakers are all in for Kawhi or they will split the money up between 2-3 players.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know Bron is a great playmaker, but he IS the system, he gets the touches and dictates the tempo. Kawhi is extremely iso heavy player, in Spurs and Raptors in playoffs he has historical levels of usage. So it will be very very very delicate to balance touches in such a scenario. It's not like with a Kyrie who is scoring PG who is fine giving up playmaking duties. It will be completely different dynamics to balance two wings playing same angles

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@CR 7 it’s a bitch move because it fucks over the league. No one wins from that aside from Lakers fans.

I just wonder, for the sake of argument if it was your team doing this, or any team not named the Los Angeles Lakers, if you would feel the same way. This is the system that the league created.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I know Bron is a great playmaker, but he IS the system, he gets the touches and dictates the tempo. Kawhi is extremely iso heavy player, in Spurs and Raptors in playoffs he has historical levels of usage. So it will be very very very delicate to balance touches in such a scenario. It's not like with a Kyrie who is scoring PG who is fine giving up playmaking duties. It will be completely different dynamics to balance two wings playing same angles

Would you be open to the thought that Lebron being the primary ball handler could actually benefit Kawhi in terms of usage rate and his overall health? Or if Kawhi isn't required to be looked at as the #1 option all the time? personally, I don't think it's going to happen, but Kawhi doesn't seem the type of guy who would grant the Lakers a meeting if it were solely for optics. He's the one dude who probably couldn't care less about optics

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I just wonder, for the sake of argument if it was your team doing this, or any team not named the Los Angeles Lakers, if you would feel the same way. This is the system that the league created.
I mean I’d like it if it was my team but I wouldn’t expect fans of other teams to like it too.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm not asking anyone to like it. If that is the vibe that you got from me, I apologize.
Lol why are you apologizing?

I’d rub it in everyone’s face if Kawhi came to the Sixers and wouldn’t care less about who doesn’t like it.

But going to the Lakers is so much worse. That’s how you dent your legacy.

Anyways, for me the one true Lakers legend will always be Kobe. Love that dude. No homo.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol why are you apologizing?

I’d rub it in everyone’s face if Kawhi came to the Sixers and wouldn’t care less about who doesn’t like it.

But going to the Lakers is so much worse. That’s how you dent your legacy.

Anyways, for me the one true Lakers legend will always be Kobe. Love that dude. No homo.
I didn't want anyone to think that I was rubbing it anyone's face. I would be equally as ahppy with 2-3 really good players with that money as I would with Kawhi. I guess I'm just happy that somehow the Lakers got to that max cap space

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 52)