The NBA Thread (67 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I just wonder, for the sake of argument if it was your team doing this, or any team not named the Los Angeles Lakers, if you would feel the same way. This is the system that the league created.
They would say it no matter the team. Its stacking the odds. I'm fine with it, but most arent so it changes the narrative. Hence all the toxic reception for KDs move.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They would say it no matter the team. Its stacking the odds. I'm fine with it, but most arent so it changes the narrative. Hence all the toxic reception for KDs move.
If you don’t think it will have a far worse reaction considering Lebron is involved here, and the most disliked franchise in the league, then you have been living under a rock, dude.

KD’s move pulled a bad reaction but nowhere near as bad as Lebron’s move to the Heat, nor spawning the conspiracy theories of the NBA rigging things in the draft for the Cavs (which they still managed to mess up lol) so Lebron could win when he returned.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol why are you apologizing?

I’d rub it in everyone’s face if Kawhi came to the Sixers and wouldn’t care less about who doesn’t like it.

But going to the Lakers is so much worse. That’s how you dent your legacy.

Anyways, for me the one true Lakers legend will always be Kobe. Love that dude. No homo.
Wat?

Kareem and Magic are obviously true Lakers legends too. You’d have to be a nut to think otherwise.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Of the top 10 GOATs, how many were on the Lakers? Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq and now James. Top 20? 30? I dont see how a MVP candidate in his prime, going to the Lakers and setting himself up for multiple champioship runs, would be denting his legacy. If anything, its gonna boost it further.

All that aside, hed be foolish to reject the Lakers. They can offer him anything other teams can, but no other team can offer him what the Lakers can. Both on and off the court

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
My sources say the Lakers have a better shot at Kawhi than the Clippers.

Also Kyrie is going to Brooklyn with Julius Randle. And DLO Russell is going to Phoenix.

:snoop:
Sources saying Clippers are barely an option for Kawhi. It's Lakers or Raptors.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The major difference being that KD joined a 73 win team that just eliminated him from the playoffs and was up 3-1 in the finals....

We missed the playoffs the past 6 years.

But of course he will get shit because he’s joining a Lebron team, and Lebron (and whoever joins him) always gets by far the most shit.
Well, LeBron did start the super team.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well, LeBron did start the super team.
You’re making fun of Draymond here, right? :shifty:

The Lakers and Celtics of the 80s with 4-5 hall of famers. The second incarnation of the Bulls in the 90s with Jordan, Rodman, Pippin. Barkley trying to form a super team to take the Bulls down. The Celtics big three that only pulled one title lol.

I’ve never really understood the idea that super teams or big threes are a new phenomenon.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sources saying Clippers are barely an option for Kawhi. It's Lakers or Raptors.

I have to be honest. It wouldn't bother me in the least if he stayed in Toronto. As long as he doesn't play for the fucking Clippers.

The Clippers. I mean. Really.

- - - Updated - - -

The Lakers and Celtics of the 80s with 4-5 hall of famers. The second incarnation of the Bulls in the 90s with Jordan, Rodman, Pippin. Barkley trying to form a super team to take the Bulls down. The Celtics big three that only pulled one title lol.

I’ve never really understood the idea that super teams or big threes are a new phenomenon.

There was only 1 team that I know of that won the title with 1 superstar and a bunch of 2nd rate dudes, and that was Wilt Chamberlain with the 76ers.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I have to be honest. It wouldn't bother me in the least if he stayed in Toronto. As long as he doesn't play for the fucking Clippers.

- - - Updated - - -

There was only 1 team that I know of that won the title with 1 superstar and a bunch of 2nd rate dudes, and that was Wilt Chamberlain with the 76ers.
:tup:

The Mavericks in 2011 were a well-balanced team without huge superstar presence on the roster.

And I always found Hakeem’s Rockets first championship impressive, but that team had a lot of underrated players.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Obviously.

But Kawhi is still gonna get shit from a seemingly opportunistic move like everyone else in the same position gets shit. Same way LeBron got shit when he went to the Heat. Same as KD to the Warriors.

It is what it is. I’m sure Kawhi is well aware, as the rest of us are, that the only way the Raptors were going to win a championship happened and is not likely to happen again.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Agree if you say big threes, but not every big three is a super team. For example, i wouldnt call a team with Rodman as the 3rd wheel a super team. What does that make the 80s Pistons then, with a prime Rodman? Then you have to look at the age of HOFs. For example, Walton and McAddo were far away from their heyday 70s allstar level when they joined the Lakers and Celtics, and came after numerous injuries which slowed them down. Kinda like if Melo and DRose joined us now, and 10 years later you hear people say "well ofcourse they won, they had 5-6 HOFs".

tl,dr: simply counting HOFs is not a proper way to determine whats a super team, because they dont perform at their HOF level throughout their careers. Especially in the past where careers didnt last as long as today

- - - Updated - - -

1994, that was a squad.
1994 is the single greatest achievement by a superstsr ever. Hakeem was beyond unguardable, a man on a mission

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
A super team only deserves eye rolling based on the way they are assembled. If you draft a super team then what is there to complain about? You are just a competent organization.

If you only get a super team because 3 all-stars want to play together and you happen to be located where they want to play, then it's different.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Dirk Nowitzki did it too. That guy is top 10 imo.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
A super team only deserves eye rolling based on the way they are assembled. If you draft a super team then what is there to complain about? You are just a competent organization.

If you only get a super team because 3 all-stars want to play together and you happen to be located where they want to play, then it's different.
My issue with Miami and GS was, Wade and James were top 3 players in the league with Kobe, Curry and Durant were top 3 players in the league with James, it wasnt just any random all stars teaming up. If Durant went to Washington, hed still have 2 allstars in Wall and Beal, do you think he gets all that heat?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
My issue with Miami and GS was, Wade and James were top 3 players in the league with Kobe, Curry and Durant were top 3 players in the league with James, it wasnt just any random all stars teaming up. If Durant went to Washington, hed still have 2 allstars in Wall and Beal, do you think he gets all that heat?
Well there are two entities that could get heat. The organization and the player. In Durant's case, I don't think GSW should get heat since they drafted an insane core and they somehow managed to keep salary cap flexibility to sign Durant. That is just cream of the crop organizational management.

Durant's decision was questionable but the truth is he probably would have won the chip with whoever he signed with that year. If he picked HOU, BOS, TOR, even WAS, that might be enough to tip the scales away from GSW.

I think this recent incarnation in LA is pretty ridiculous though. Lebron only goes there because he wants to make movies. They inexplicably waste a year of his prime because they can't figure out that they have to sign shooters. His agent basically nukes New Orleans to get Davis out of there and still the Lakers pay like $1.50 on the dollar to trade for Davis, with no other suitors. Davis waives his kicker because he'll make it back filming a movie with James ffs.

The end of the bench will likely be filled by other Rich Paul clients playing for the minimum. And on top of it, they might get Kawhi because his family is from there. There isn't a single piece of shrewd basketball maneuvering in that whole organization and they will be the title favourites.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Announce Kawhi

- - - Updated - - -

Or Announce D'Lo and Brook Lopez

- - - Updated - - -

Or 3 dudes who can shoot

- - - Updated - - -

France gonna score again

- - - Updated - - -

God damn. I left the water running in the shower :howler: I'm old :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well there are two entities that could get heat. The organization and the player. In Durant's case, I don't think GSW should get heat since they drafted an insane core and they somehow managed to keep salary cap flexibility to sign Durant. That is just cream of the crop organizational management.

Durant's decision was questionable but the truth is he probably would have won the chip with whoever he signed with that year. If he picked HOU, BOS, TOR, even WAS, that might be enough to tip the scales away from GSW.

I think this recent incarnation in LA is pretty ridiculous though. Lebron only goes there because he wants to make movies. They inexplicably waste a year of his prime because they can't figure out that they have to sign shooters. His agent basically nukes New Orleans to get Davis out of there and still the Lakers pay like $1.50 on the dollar to trade for Davis, with no other suitors. Davis waives his kicker because he'll make it back filming a movie with James ffs.

The end of the bench will likely be filled by other Rich Paul clients playing for the minimum. And on top of it, they might get Kawhi because his family is from there. There isn't a single piece of shrewd basketball maneuvering in that whole organization and they will be the title favourites.
What can i tell you, its the Lakers. I dont think any other organization could afford so much incompetence, and in the end still profit.

But this big 3 if it happens, possibly the best big 3 ever? 3 top10 players on the same team is crazy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 52)