The NBA Thread (59 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Dont talk to Kawhi/let James and AD do it?

Nope.

D'Angelo on a 2 + 1 contract, thereby insuring early bird rights. 20 million this year, 25 million next year. He opts out, and they re-sing him at the age of 25 to an Early Bird max contract, which would be the greater of 175% of the last year of his contract or 105% of the league average

Brook Lopez 1 year 8.5 million

Seth Curry 1 year 3.5 million

MLE- Marcus Morris

Vet Minimum- Javale Mcgee, Wesley matthews

- - - Updated - - -

Kawhi only wants Jeanie and Magic at the meeting, Per Stephen A Smith

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My issue with Miami and GS was, Wade and James were top 3 players in the league with Kobe, Curry and Durant were top 3 players in the league with James, it wasnt just any random all stars teaming up. If Durant went to Washington, hed still have 2 allstars in Wall and Beal, do you think he gets all that heat?
Miami was a mediocre team that was hardly a playoff team. How LEnro
Agree if you say big threes, but not every big three is a super team. For example, i wouldnt call a team with Rodman as the 3rd wheel a super team. What does that make the 80s Pistons then, with a prime Rodman? Then you have to look at the age of HOFs. For example, Walton and McAddo were far away from their heyday 70s allstar level when they joined the Lakers and Celtics, and came after numerous injuries which slowed them down. Kinda like if Melo and DRose joined us now, and 10 years later you hear people say "well ofcourse they won, they had 5-6 HOFs".

tl,dr: simply counting HOFs is not a proper way to determine whats a super team, because they dont perform at their HOF level throughout their careers. Especially in the past where careers didnt last as long as today

- - - Updated - - -

1994 is the single greatest achievement by a superstsr ever. Hakeem was beyond unguardable, a man on a mission
DUde. Rodman for the Bulls > Bosh for the Heat any day of the week. Rodman was a monster for the Bulls in the first two championships. Dude was an unstoppable rebounding machine. And that defending :tuttosport:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

DUde. Rodman for the Bulls > Bosh for the Heat any day of the week. Rodman was a monster for the Bulls in the first two championships. Dude was an unstoppable rebounding machine. And that defending :tuttosport:
That was the Rodman that would push Shaq around. At 6’7 or 6’8. He was dominant.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Nope.

D'Angelo on a 2 + 1 contract, thereby insuring early bird rights. 20 million this year, 25 million next year. He opts out, and they re-sing him at the age of 25 to an Early Bird max contract, which would be the greater of 175% of the last year of his contract or 105% of the league average

MLE- Marcus Morris

- - - Updated - - -

Lol why the fuck does he want Magic there

- - - Updated - - -

Or does he mean someone like David Blaine?

- - - Updated - - -

Or even better Jeannie doing magic tricks

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

It doesent matter what they were in 2009/10 they had an entirely different team the following year, with 2 top3 players and one of the top PFs in the league.

Rodman was a 5ppg on 46%TS, 11rpg hustle and defense guy for them in the playoffs. He was great at defense and rebounding, props for guarding the likes of Shaq, Malone, Kemp in the playoffs, but youre not an all time great with zero offense. The guy made only 2 allstar teams for a reason. Bosh was a 2 way big that can run and stretch the floor. He carried a franchise and was a legit superstar before joining Miami. And he was in his prime. Hes way too underappreciated and its a shame he and Wade never got a chance to stay healthy together and try their luck after James left. I love Dennis, hes got a heart the size of a mountain, but im picking Bosh over him without thinking

- - - Updated - - -

Nope.

MLE- Marcus Morris

- - - Updated - - -

Things are heating up, i like it

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It doesent matter what they were in 2009/10 they had an entirely different team the following year, with 2 top3 players and one of the top PFs in the league.

Rodman was a 5ppg on 46%TS, 11rpg hustle and defense guy for them in the playoffs. He was great at defense and rebounding, props for guarding the likes of Shaq, Malone, Kemp in the playoffs, but youre not an all time great with zero offense. The guy made only 2 allstar teams for a reason. Bosh was a 2 way big that can run and stretch the floor. He carried a franchise and was a legit superstar before joining Miami. And he was in his prime. Hes way too underappreciated and its a shame he and Wade never got a chance to stay healthy together and try their luck after James left. I love Dennis, hes got a heart the size of a mountain, but im picking Bosh over him without thinking

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, god dammit. :sad:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

You’re one of a kind dude. No one sane picks Bosh over Rodman. Rodman led the league in rebounding all 3 years in Chicago. And was All-NBA first team Defense his first year there. I could care less about his O if he can shut down stars the way he did. Dude would have made a fool of Bosh

And Bosh was rubbish by year 4 in Miami. He also led the Raptors to zero success when he was a superstar. I like him, and think he was a good player, but he was the same as Kevin Love, a guy who can be a star on a bad team and a third option on a good team.

I’d take Rodman over him any day for his Defense alone.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You’re one of a kind dude. No one sane picks Bosh over Rodman. Rodman led the league in rebounding all 3 years in Chicago. And was All-NBA first team Defense his first year there. I could care less about his O if he can shut down stars the way he did. Dude would have made a fool of Bosh

And Bosh was rubbish by year 4 in Miami. He also led the Raptors to zero success when he was a superstar. I like him, and think he was a good player, but he was the same as Kevin Love, a guy who can be a star on a bad team and a third option on a good team.

I’d take Rodman over him any day for his Defense alone.
Bulls got Rodman in a trade for Will Perdue. Apparently no one else wanted him. Props to him for reinventing himself and props to the Bulls to finding a role for him, but thats what he was, a role player. A elite one, thats true, but definitely not a star.

Rodman made 2 all star teams his whole career, Bosh made 11 in the golden age of PFs with Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki, Wallace, Webber (early on in Boshes careee), Gasol. That alone disputes your argument of no one sane picking Bosh over Rodman. I already commented on Rodmans rebounding and defense, but thats one side of the ball. Bosh played both sides and was the centerpiece of an NBA offense for 5 years before joining Miami.

And this is what i mean when i say hes underappreciated. Dude shot 50% and 40% on 15ppg his last playoff run there as a 3rd option, but to you this is rubbish.

Zero success as in 2 playoff appereances and one time barely missing out with Bargnani and Calderon as his co stars. Right. Lebron was talking about not 5, not 6 for a reason, and it wasnt him and Wade alone sitting there when he was saying it

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Changing topic, but what do you guys think of the Sixers if they keep their core? We’re the only team to take Toronto to 7 games, where they ended up winning by an insane buzzer beater that will forever be replayed in history.

I’m pretty confident myself, definitely see us winning the East and with Durant out of commission, I also see us winning the chip.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Changing topic, but what do you guys think of the Sixers if they keep their core? We’re the only team to take Toronto to 7 games, where they ended up winning by an insane buzzer beater that will forever be replayed in history.

I’m pretty confident myself, definitely see us winning the East and with Durant out of commission, I also see us winning the chip.
You mean all 3 of Butler, Harris and Redick? Depends on what the Bucks and Celtics do, but as things are right now (assuming Kawhi leaves), finals are a real possibility. Slight favorites id even say

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You mean all 3 of Butler, Harris and Redick? Depends on what the Bucks and Celtics do, but as things are right now (assuming Kawhi leaves), finals are a real possibility. Slight favorites id even say
The Celtics will probably get Kemba and I think the Bucks will stay the same

- - - Updated - - -

The Celtics will also lose Horford who’s pretty much Embiid’s kryptonite

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

If Raptors lose Kawhi it will clear the path for you. Should be clear favourites with Bucks in east. Tho I give the edge to Bucks due to Giannis and if the shooters stay consistent.

That is if they can keep their roster, Middleton or Brogdon might leave.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wtf why, isn't he just 31 or 32 and still starter caliber PG?
"While I still love basketball, I know there is something more important, which is my family and my faith," Collison said. "I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and my faith means everything to me. I receive so much joy from volunteering to help others and participate in a worldwide ministry. The joy I feel is unmatched. With that being said, I have decided to retire from the NBA."
He could have probably gotten 10M a year if he continued playing lol

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Respect, not an easy decision to do and a commendable one if he is retiring to dedicate himself to volunteerism and charity.
Wouldnt you say he could have helped others better with his huge NBA contract rather than volunteering? But to each his own, gotta respect a mans decision he made for himself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 51)