The NBA Thread (123 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Horford to Sixers? Makes little sense to me
Butler is gone. Horford will play PF and C when Embiid is out I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Raptors are working in secret to potentially acquire another player that Kawhi wants. Kawhi has questions about Vogel's style.

:snoop:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Butler will be telling Heat officials today that he wants to go there. Sign and trade would have to happen

- - - Updated - - -

Butler is gone. Horford will play PF and C when Embiid is out I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Raptors are working in secret to potentially acquire another player that Kawhi wants. Kawhi has questions about Vogel's style.

:snoop:
Works for me. Give me Dlo , Beverly and Seth Curry and I'll be thrilled

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I saw it on one of my alerts that he was telling Miami he wants to go there. Philly wont give him the 5 year contract he wants. I can kind of understand why.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Increasingly likely the Jazz are going to replace Favors with someone who can shoot outside, or at least not step on Gobert's feet. Bogdanovic is being mentioned a lot, also Thaddeus Young. Rubio going to Indiana, in an odd coincidence.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing strong rumblings that KD headed to Brooklyn &amp; Lakers in lead for Kawhi</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="">June 30, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my take on this.

Kawhi, I think, is coming here. Here is why.

Irving, and what is widely believed to be both Durant and DeAndre Jordan going to the Nets
Klay Thompson getting the Supermax from Golden State.
Jimmy Butler reportedly wanting to go to Miami

If the Clippers goal was to pair 2 max salary superstars, who else is left for them?

- - - Updated - - -

Kemba Walker to the Celtics. Forgot that one.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing strong rumblings that KD headed to Brooklyn &amp; Lakers in lead for Kawhi</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="">June 30, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my take on this.

Kawhi, I think, is coming here. Here is why.

Irving, and what is widely believed to be both Durant and DeAndre Jordan going to the Nets
Klay Thompson getting the Supermax from Golden State.
Jimmy Butler reportedly wanting to go to Miami

If the Clippers goal was to pair 2 max salary superstars, who else is left for them?

- - - Updated - - -

Kemba Walker to the Celtics. Forgot that one.
I don’t understand the why. All those things you mentioned seem unrelated to Kawhi going to the Lakers instead of staying in Toronto

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don’t understand the why. All those things you mentioned seem unrelated to Kawhi going to the Lakers instead of staying in Toronto

Why would he stay in Toronto? He wants to come home to Los Angeles. And with the Clippers being unable to pair him with another max salary player, who is going to join him?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Increasingly likely the Jazz are going to replace Favors with someone who can shoot outside, or at least not step on Gobert's feet. Bogdanovic is being mentioned a lot, also Thaddeus Young. Rubio going to Indiana, in an odd coincidence.
Maybe. Favors is beloved in the community and by the organization. It's really going to depend on who they can get if they release him. They would probably have to get rid of Exum as well.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Why would he stay in Toronto? He wants to come home to Los Angeles. And with the Clippers being unable to pair him with another max salary player, who is going to join him?
Well he won a chip with them so they’ll still be contenders and the city seems like a good match for him. Low media pressure and he’s pretty much a legend there.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well he won a chip with them so they’ll still be contenders and the city seems like a good match for him. Low media pressure and he’s pretty much a legend there.
I think he realizes he had a perfect storm. Bouncing buzzer beater over the 76ers. Klay and KD going out in the Finals. Raptors don't win without both of those happening. Time to move on.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe. Favors is beloved in the community and by the organization. It's really going to depend on who they can get if they release him. They would probably have to get rid of Exum as well.
Personally I would keep him. They're just going to have to come up with a plan to involve or rotate.

Always wanted Exum to work as well but it's not been so good so far with minutes.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Personally I would keep him. They're just going to have to come up with a plan to involve or rotate.

Always wanted Exum to work as well but it's not been so good so far with minutes.
Favors has never been a problem on the defensive end, even when Gobert is off the court. It's only on the offensive end that the two struggle, the Jazz might feel like that won't be such a big issue with Conley on the court, as it was with Rubio. Whatever they do, they need to add some shooting to make up for what they lost with Korver and Crowder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 113)