The NBA Thread (50 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The more I think about this, the more D'Lo to the Lakers makes more sense. Lebron will be 35, and will be 37 at the end of the contract.

Davis would be 29, and D'lo and Kuzma would be 26. They would still have some semblance of a Big 3 even after Lebron retires.
i have to say, even though DLo would be a quite good fit next to James and Davis offensively (as he provides a 2ndary playmaker option next to James, is one of the top pnr guys in the league which will help him build chemistry with Davis, and is a quality shooter to provide spacing for the 2), i cant help but feel disappointed if hes our guy. we traded him away for cap space (got Brook who we also let walk), then we traded Clarkson and Nance for even more cap space, let Randle & T. Bryant walk, traded Zubac for nothing, all to create enough cap space for a 2nd superstar next to James and our "core" of BI, Zo and Kuz. now, im OK with trading 2/3 of the core for Davis, as it technically could still leave us cap space for the 2nd max, but if that 2nd max is DLo, dont you feel like we wasted 3 years on nothing? we could have kept him and Zu and Jules while still getting James, and now after the AD trade we still would have been left with a team/tradeable assets to get another star.

PG stayed in Oklahoma, Kyrie looks like going to New Jersey, KD and Klay are hurt and look like staying, if we miss out on Kawhi as well then this wasnt a successful 3 year plan. DLo, if we get him, makes it not a total strike out, but far from what our initial goal was.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
No, I don't feel that way at all. The fact that the Lakers want him back leads me to believe that the one, and only one person that wanted him out was Magic.

Our initial goal was to surround Lebron with stars. We now have a Top 5-7 player in Anthony Davis, and could possibly land a 23 year old All Star who has only scratched the surface.

Oh, and we still have Kyle Kuzma as well.

You would be hard pressed to find 3-4 teams that would have a better 1-4 than what we could potentially put on the court. Not only would they have unique skill sets that match each other perfectly, but two of these guys are onlky 23, and a third is only 26.

- - - Updated - - -

So in essence, this team would be in a win now mode while still having young talent. Can't ask for much more than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not unlike what Philadelphia has right now

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
i have to say, even though DLo would be a quite good fit next to James and Davis offensively (as he provides a 2ndary playmaker option next to James, is one of the top pnr guys in the league which will help him build chemistry with Davis, and is a quality shooter to provide spacing for the 2), i cant help but feel disappointed if hes our guy. we traded him away for cap space (got Brook who we also let walk), then we traded Clarkson and Nance for even more cap space, let Randle & T. Bryant walk, traded Zubac for nothing, all to create enough cap space for a 2nd superstar next to James and our "core" of BI, Zo and Kuz. now, im OK with trading 2/3 of the core for Davis, as it technically could still leave us cap space for the 2nd max, but if that 2nd max is DLo, dont you feel like we wasted 3 years on nothing? we could have kept him and Zu and Jules while still getting James, and now after the AD trade we still would have been left with a team/tradeable assets to get another star.

PG stayed in Oklahoma, Kyrie looks like going to New Jersey, KD and Klay are hurt and look like staying, if we miss out on Kawhi as well then this wasnt a successful 3 year plan. DLo, if we get him, makes it not a total strike out, but far from what our initial goal was.
Brooklyn is in New York.

Also, this post is why I hate Lakers fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: not all of them

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you can't tell, I am 120% on board with D'Lo potentially coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

@zizinho, and if they do swomehow land D'lo, New Orleans no longer controls our future. We can build a contending team around D'Lo, AD, and Kuzma once Lebron retires

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Brooklyn is in New York.

Also, this post is why I hate Lakers fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: not all of them
it doesent matter where Brooklyn is, it has nothing to do with the point i was making.

also, if you announce a plan and then fail to execute it, thats failure in my book. and you hate Lakers fans becase of this? youre a weird fella.

do you realize how many assets we casually threw away for this cap space, which we would then end up using on a player which was originally ours anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't tell, I am 120% on board with D'Lo potentially coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

@zizinho, and if they do swomehow land D'lo, New Orleans no longer controls our future. We can build a contending team around D'Lo, AD, and Kuzma once Lebron retires
i get that and strictly basketball wise on the court, i like that as a building point.

now if DLo really is the guy, we need that 2nd starting guard for next season to be a beast defensively and a 3pt threat. Russell-Kuzma-James-Davis lacks perimeter defense

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
it doesent matter where Brooklyn is, it has nothing to do with the point i was making.

also, if you announce a plan and then fail to execute it, thats failure in my book. and you hate Lakers fans becase of this? youre a weird fella.

do you realize how many assets we casually threw away for this cap space, which we would then end up using on a player which was originally ours anyway?
It matters because you said Kyrie is going to jersey. Whatever tho.

I hate how entitled Lakers fans are. You’re complaining because a pipe dream of Lebron/Davis/Kawhi didn’t happen? Lol, it’s not as easy as it sounds to get three players like that together.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It matters because you said Kyrie is going to jersey. Whatever tho.

I hate how entitled Lakers fans are. You’re complaining because a pipe dream of Lebron/Davis/Kawhi didn’t happen? Lol, it’s not as easy as it sounds to get three players like that together.
im complaining because we threw away so much in the process, not because Kawhi probably wont happen. Russell, Randle and Zubac would have been huge assets right now, T. Bryant would have been pretty good to have as well. Nance and Clarkson not so much, but they would be decent and movable contracts. not to mention, Brook and his bird rights. even if you strike out in FA, you would have been left with a good young cast around James and Davis, which have been playing together for 3-4 years. or could have been traded for a 3rd star. either way, just throwing away all these assets for cap space puts you under pressure to bring in a huge name. if you dont, its fair to label it as a failure

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
im complaining because we threw away so much in the process, not because Kawhi probably wont happen. Russell, Randle and Zubac would have been huge assets right now, T. Bryant would have been pretty good to have as well. Nance and Clarkson not so much, but they would be decent and movable contracts. not to mention, Brook and his bird rights. even if you strike out in FA, you would have been left with a good young cast around James and Davis, which have been playing together for 3-4 years. or could have been traded for a 3rd star. either way, just throwing away all these assets for cap space puts you under pressure to bring in a huge name. if you dont, its fair to label it as a failure

Again. 2 Top 5 players in the world, a 23 year old All-Star, and a potential 20 ppg scorer on this team. I don't consider it a failure. Some mistakes were made in the past 3 years, I get that. However, 2 of the biggest mistakes made had nothing to do with the regime of the past 3 seasons. If the Lakers don't sign Deng and Mosgov, then it's possible that D'Lo stays, and we don't draft Lonzo the next year, and Ingram and Randle can stay.

But clearing up the Mosgov mistake had to set a chain reaction in motion. But if at the end of the day our Top 4 in our roster are those 4? Fuck me. I'll take that all day long. ANd so would a lot of other teams. Look at the Rockets right now. It looks like they are trying to reset their team yet again, and don't have the space do it, and teams aren't going to be lining up to help them take on those contracts.

- - - Updated - - -

Put it this way. There is no free agent out there right now when you consider offense, defense, rim protection, and most importantly, age, that I would take right now over Anthony Davis.

This failure of a front office has landed us Top 5 players in back to back years. Just imagine if they were competent

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That’s the name of the game, nothing works out perfectly. Were the Lakers the team with the worst management during this time? Probably. But even well run teams make mistakes. Look at how many first round draft picks didn’t work out for the Sixers for example, mainly Fultz. But that’s just the nature of sports.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh, and a big FUCK YOU to the biggest Lakers hater on the planet,
Adrian Wojnarowski

Repeatedly said that there was no way the Lakers could get to the max slot.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Idk what happened with the Wizards but I find it entertaining that both them and the Redskins are such shit and will continue to be so for pretty much forever. Must be something in the water over there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And Anthony Davis waived his trade kicker :touched:

4 man roster right now :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about the offseason

Lakers-Sixers finals. It HAS to happen

- - - Updated - - -

The NBA is 365.

My god, I want to have babies with Joy Taylor.

Several of them. Or at least try. A LOT

- - - Updated - - -

Lebron is giving AD #23 next year.

- - - Updated - - -

And the reason why he waived his trade kicker is because they raised his salary on Space jam 2 by 4 million dollars :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

This is my most favorite Lakers day since Magic hit that baby hook against Boston in the Finals :rofl:

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lakers will add Nerlens Noel
Vets minimum, I assume, or MLE?

I'll take that. Bring him and Javale back, and they are set at rim protection at the 5 spot.

- - - Updated - - -

@MikeM Glad to see we have the same taste in women.

- - - Updated - - -

NBA The Jump is on ESPN right now. This should be fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)